Thread: Some Good CLF Techniques

Some Good CLF Techniques

Some good CLF techniques in this fight (spinning back fist, sow choi and ding tui etc) by students from the same lineage (Chen Yong-Fa in this case) with different outcome, so it is not about what branch or school you come from but how hard and how well you train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2S_e...eature=channel

is that CLF? or is it a kickboxing match?

Blog Entries
    I would have to say, there was enough CLF in there for a CLF disciple to distinguish. To an outsider of CLF, you would only see what's familiar to YOU.

I am one against traditional styles taking on a KICKBOXING type appearance, but in defense of this video, I saw a few Kwa Choy Chop Choy strikes by the guy in black, both individuals used the spinning back fist as well as other CLF techniques.

Remember, fighting is INDIVIDUALISTIC, which means the fighter has to learn to make the style work for them.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by jet64 View Post
    What the **** do you think it is genius?.

PS - thanks for the clip XJ.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

Quote Originally Posted by jet64 View Post
    I don't want to flame, which freguently I'm sure it sounds like all I do but honestly that looked like a girl fight in the second grade. Truly pathetic. Joseph. I have always liked your posts. I live in Rio Blanco Vermont. Montreal is only three hours away. We should get together and talk and maybe spar a little.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    I don't want to flame, which freguently I'm sure it sounds like all I do but honestly that looked like a girl fight in the second grade. Truly pathetic. Joseph. I have always liked your posts. I live in Rio Blanco Vermont. Montreal is only three hours away. We should get together and talk and maybe spar a little.
    How about a video of you fighting then?

I'm not a fan of the headgear, body protection and shinpads in what's supposed to be a "real fight" (I'm assuming they called it full contact) but it is what it is. And those guys were alright.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

Quote Originally Posted by Infrazael View Post
    How about a video of you fighting then?

I'm not a fan of the headgear, body protection and shinpads in what's supposed to be a "real fight" (I'm assuming they called it full contact) but it is what it is. And those guys were alright.
    I thought they looked like amateurs rather than inner door students. I saw little technique. Why would you want to see a vid of a fifty six year old man fight? I prefer to reason first, intimidate second and then whatever is quick and efficient to end the fight. Not good video material. Obviously ring fighting is not my thing.

I thought they looked like amateurs rather than inner door students. I saw little technique. Why would you want to see a vid of a fifty six year old man fight? I prefer to reason first, intimidate second and then whatever is quick and efficient to end the fight. Not good video material. Obviously ring fighting is not my thing.
    Im sure they are (or were) amateurs. They don’t get paid to fight, and they have different objectives to that of a professional.

I also see no mention of “inner door students”, and even if they were, what difference does it make? The word student should mean something, shouldn’t it?

So, you’re to old to fight, perhaps post a video of your students then?
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

They're just regular students, one from Finland, the other from California, participating in a tournament in Guangzhou. The rules (including use of gear) were dictated by the local authorities. Regardless, fighting/sparring is free-form and random. Don't expect it to look like a Shaw Brothers or Golden Harvest flick. The challenge is to incorporate elements of what we've been training for years into the fight/sparring session so that our martial technique can be recognized and identified (maybe more readily accomplished in some styles than in others). It isn't easy but these two were able to show elements of CLF.

By the way, the Inner Chamber disciples are the brothers that run the Finland school; not the two guys competing.

Todd

Hi AJM,

When the person you are fighting is your sihingdai, there is always an element of holding back. It looks "girlish" because it is controlled and not fought out of anger and the desire to hurt to win.

I no longer live in Montreal and there is no desire in me to spar, I have nothing to prove except trying to live as healthily as possible and as long as possible. But you can always go and see Sergio Arione and pick on him!

http://www.taichimontreal.com/englis...ctors-eng.html

Joseph

You didn't move to the prairies did you? It's cold around these parts.

nospam
    佛家

No nospam, not to the prairies. Back where I came from is much warmer and they only challenge you with a check book and not with a loud mouth or a clinched fist.

Blog Entries

i like this one better

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Hi AJM,

When the person you are fighting is your sihingdai, there is always an element of holding back. It looks "girlish" because it is controlled and not fought out of anger and the desire to hurt to win.

I no longer live in Montreal and there is no desire in me to spar, I have nothing to prove except trying to live as healthily as possible and as long as possible. But you can always go and see Sergio Arione and pick on him!

http://www.taichimontreal.com/englis...ctors-eng.html

Joseph
    I understand that. My invite was more about hanging out and trading technigues.