Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fooled by A Charlatan

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    - Whether God exists or not is not interest but whether God can help US to create more jobs will be interest.
    - Whether ghost exists or not is not interest but whether ghost can help us to win in Las Vegas will be interest.
    - Whether Qi exists or not is not interest but whether Qi can be used in combat without touching will be interest.
    Quite possibly the best post ever.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    Quite a few people out here dont think what I say is insanity and even if it was does that make you feel the need to insult me?

You can always tell when your getting to someone because they eith3er resort to violence or name calling......

Crazy people HATE being called crazy.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Apart from the distinct possibility that Earth Dragon isn't firing on the same cylinders as the rest of us, it seems distinctly churlish to me that Simon hasn't answered his very generous offer of paying his transport and board to visit his chi woman. If you were really interested in keeping an open mind Simon, why wouldn't you accept? I would like a shot if ED offered fly me over from Japan!

Quote Originally Posted by Drake
    ...and I am beginning to wonder if this forum is where you go after some hard drinking.
    LOL
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

you knowwho,
    please realize I am speaking of medical qigong. Not martial.
    somehow people took medical qigong and twisted it to sound like shooting people like a firearm.

MrPunch,
    what makes you say I am not firing on all cylinders? I can aussre you i am one fo the most helpful and openminded people on this board and have been since 1995.
    I'm confused about your statement. seems an assumtption more than anytyhing.
    Simon will never accept becuase the minute you offer they run. Come on he said hes too broke to own a car then I offered a bus ticket.. he hasnt posted since.

I had a guy on this baord who wanted to fight me and thought although I'm a shifu and fought all my life I was full of crap and didnt know what i was talking about, much like this stupid thread. So I offered to fly him to NY and hold a fight at my kwoon or any place he wanted. The minute I offered publicly to pay he stopped posting... you see everyoe is a tough guy behind thier keyboard. this is the reason people shoot off from the mouths when thier in the saftey of thier own home. Quite pathetic really. You cant convince idiots theres idiots becuase they dont know any better.... all you can do is call them out...

So why are all you people in MA if you dont understand the basis of qi gong? Im not talking to the newbiews who have colored belts Im talking to the lifers or perhaps I AM talking with he colored belt kids and this is the reason non of you understand?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Hold on... Earth Dragon said yes?

I missed that.

ED: PM me; I will have to check with the wife before I go jetting off to Detroit but we should talk if this is the case and I did miss it.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

sorry i miss read. Of course there is other views on this there are always skeptics of everything scientists are the worst even after proof some wont admit.
    Many people who hold beliefs refuse to accept any kind of evidence which shakes or negates their beliefs. For instance, when faced with the reality that Kirlian photography is not conclusive, those people who's ego has a vested interest in Kirlian photography's "proof" just brush off this fact by saying something like "there are always skeptics of everything." Conversely, those people whose ego has a vested interest in a certain healing modality being a placebo, when faced with proof to the contrary, may say something like "there's always a quack claiming they've proven it works."

In the end, what's the difference between those two statements or viewpoints? Not much, in my opinion. Both are expressions of a rigid, inflexible mindset, developed as a coping mechanism to protect the ego. It's fine to believe in something, I just recommend people keep an open mind.

My statement was to ask you not to bring symptoms of hallucinations or yin difficientcies into this topic.
    When you start talking about auras, my thoughts instantly head in that direction, since that is what I understand and was taught auras to be.

i dont like ****ing matches.
    Funny how you regard my offer to discuss a certain aspect of Chinese Medicine with you as a ****ing match, especially one that revolves around manifestations which often confuse and hinder people's understanding of Qi. Why couldn't it simply be an enlightening discussion?

Im not sure, but I have spent way to much time on here just trying to convience people that qi is real...... you would be suprised at the amount of people who think its something from star wars.
    Granted, George Lucas did little to help the world understand Qi, and he may even have hindered the process, but we can't lay the blame entirely on him; responsibility lies with all people who base their worldview around the premise that Qi is quantitative and measurable. That kind of thinking is very VERY Western - the result of reductionism and logical positivism - and useless with regards to understanding and applying Qi. This is why anyone who starts spouting "scientific proof" of Qi is, in my books, way WAY off the mark - in Star Wars land, as you say.

LOL I didnt know posts have tones.
    Yet you claim to understand Qi?
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 12-22-2008 at 10:23 AM.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

you knowwho,
    somehow people took medical qigong and twisted it to sound like shooting people like a firearm.

MrPunch,
    what makes you say I am not firing on all cylinders? I can aussre you i am one fo the most helpful and openminded people on this board and have been since 1995.
    I'm confused about your statement. seems an assumtption more than anytyhing.
    Simon will never accept becuase the minute you offer they run. Come on he said hes too broke to own a car then I offered a bus ticket.. he hasnt posted since.

I had a guy on this baord who wanted to fight me and thought although I'm a shifu and fought all my life I was full of crap and didnt know what i was talking about, much like this stupid thread. So I offered to fly him to NY and hold a fight at my kwoon or any place he wanted. The minute I offered publicly to pay he stopped posting... you see everyoe is a tough guy behind thier keyboard. this is the reason people shoot off from the mouths when thier in the saftey of thier own home. Quite pathetic really. You cant convince idiots theres idiots becuase they dont know any better.... all you can do is call them out...

So why are all you people in MA if you dont understand the basis of qi gong? Im not talking to the newbiews who have colored belts Im talking to the lifers or perhaps I AM talking with he colored belt kids and this is the reason non of you understand?
    Is this the same guy who said name-calling is bad? Dude, you are judging and namecalling and then get all bent out of shape when someone dares question your whacked out worldview, complete with qi blasts and psychic friends.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Blog Entries
    you knowwho,
    I know!

I have always want to meet someone who can move me without touching. But so far my luck is still not there yet.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 12-22-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Claiming to be "one of the most" anything is usually a good indication that someone's not firing on all cylinders. Or, to put it another way, their Qi is not balanced and flowing properly. It's along the same lines as a person warning someone off a subject because they're "an expert" or "an (insert important sounding title here.)"

You cant convince idiots theres idiots becuase they dont know any better.... all you can do is call them out...
    Are you suggesting this is what we should do? Seems like you're back into the "something to prove" mindset... although I still think it's more of a "something to prove to yourself" kind of thing. Belief and doubt are inter-related and feed off of one another, hence belief and doubt have equal weight and equal value (which isn't much.)

Here's my suggestion: regardless of belief or doubt, when people refuse to discuss things responsibly, ignore them. Why waste your time?

This from an OMD who claims Qi is quantitative and measurable. Wonderful.

I should probably follow my own advice and not waste any more time on this thread.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    Claiming to be "one of the most" anything is usually a good indication that someone's not firing on all cylinders. Or, to put it another way, their Qi is not balanced and flowing properly. It's along the same lines as a person warning someone off a subject because they're "an expert" or "an (insert important sounding title here.)"

Are you suggesting this is what we should do? Seems like you're back into the "something to prove" mindset... although I still think it's more of a "something to prove to yourself" kind of thing. Belief and doubt are inter-related and feed off of one another, hence belief and doubt have equal weight and equal value (which isn't much.)

Here's my suggestion: regardless of belief or doubt, when people refuse to discuss things responsibly, ignore them. Why waste your time?

This from an OMD who claims Qi is quantitative and measurable. Wonderful.

I should probably follow my own advice and not waste any more time on this thread.

Don't leave me alone with him!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Don't leave me alone with him!
    lol!

(Rest of message deleted due to pointlessness.)
    Last edited by Xiao3 Meng4; 12-22-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Not so pointless

Here are some interesting links. Please note that they do not mention Qi whatsoever.

Blind man navigates through maze

Jill Bolte Taylor's Stroke of Insight

Enjoy.

xiaomeng, thanks for the discussions i enjoyed your posts and will take your suggestion Here's my suggestion: regardless of belief or doubt, when people refuse to discuss things responsibly, ignore them. Why waste your time?.

Simon I PM'd you the offer is still on the table.

Drake your just an ass hole .............but to the others have a great holiday and a happy new year.

Now I know why they say the real martial artsits stay off the main board...
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

I learned how to MAKE IT LOOK like you can project energy.... a needle, a little thread and a banana. use the thread to split the banana. Wave the hand and then peel the banana.

tainan,

i have an unfounded theory about these methods. i believe that learning these methods requires not only the right teachings and the right teacher, but also the right place. while investigating other matters having nothing to do with martial arts or chi kung, i have been exposed to the magnetic belts around the earth. i think it is probable that the "dragon veins" that most, if not all temples and other training places are built around in china are "hot spots" for using this energy. and since magnetic energy is electric and so is chi, it makes sense to me that these three go hand in hand.

i came upon one Ed Ledskalnin who built the coral castle in south florida... the place that he chose for the coral castle apparently was a magnetic "hot spot". (he moved large coral/stone blocks alone... never eye-witnessed) further research about ed, i also found out that he had the worst type of tuberculosis that he self cured using some form of spinning mechanism that he sat upon and it also involved the use of magnets.