Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine

Wolverine

There's a trailer up on yahoo. No one popped out at me on the stunt crew or fight choreography. Anyone got the down low on that?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Suck !
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    There's a trailer up on yahoo. No one popped out at me on the stunt crew or fight choreography. Anyone got the down low on that?
    I saw the trailer yesterday when I went to see Day the Earth Stood Still. I'm wondering if the fight choreographer isn't Corey Yuen, though as far as I know, he only choreo'd the first X-Men movie. Somehow I doubt it is, though.

i saw it at the day the earth stood still premiere. thats right premiere lol. anyway it was cool, but im not muh of a wolverine fan, the person with me noted that wolverine has been wearing that same jacket for four movies already, which was a true lol moment. as for the movie itself im gonna watch it again before i talk about it, seeing am movie at a premiere with all the pomp puts a curse on you when your not use to it. it happened to me with bond, you see the movie the actors who are in it are just feet away(in the case of bond i was in the same row as craig and two seats away because the usher probably thought i was his bodygaurd, and he didnt say anything about it, score one for being a big imposing black guy) but watching it their i couldnt help it i was caught up in the pageantry and cheering and clapping like a little fanboy. then when i saw it again, it was all gone and what i thought was a truly majestic film was just ok film. one thing i'll say about the day the earth stood still in keanu reeves, he's smart as long as he keeps picking roles where he is suppose to be wooden he's going to always have a career. and from now on im going to be calling him Pinocchio.

The new Wolverine movie looks like it might be good.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

I like that they are using stuff from the Origin comic, and including his childhood being in the 1800s and the bone claws.

I actually have a great deal of hope for this movie. From what I understand some of it might not be that long before the first X-Men movie. Like, all the stuff with that same jacket. There's probably a good portion of this movie that's going to be covering like 70 years worth of stuff that happened to the dude. Just in the trailer you see him in what looks like the Civil War, WWI and WWII.

Heroes Season 5:

Claire grows bone claws.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Deadpool? RR better pull it off or I will be angered.

Sabretooth . . . the guy might be able to pull of the character, but the imposing physicality is just absent.

Gambit . . . Maybe. Didn't look like he knew what the hell he was doing with that staff, though.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I was wondering if that was Deadpool or not. I thought it might be, but I couldn't tell.

If anyone messes up deadpool, ill hunt them down and tell them a rip of tastless jokes and then shoot them.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

If they cover any of the WWII stuff, perhaps they'll throw in a little Steve Rogers teaser, or perhaps even a cameo, what with all the Avengers buzz over the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    If they cover any of the WWII stuff, perhaps they'll throw in a little Steve Rogers teaser, or perhaps even a cameo, what with all the Avengers buzz over the horizon.
    Probably will. He's appeared in a cut scene from Incredible Hulk frozen in ice. His sheild is in Iron Man. Maybe Logan will encounter Steve Rogers before the super soldier program or something.

I'd like to see Wolvie vs Hulk someday. That's how the dude was introduced in the comics, I'd like to see it on the big screen. Marvel's doing an animated Hulk vs Thor and Hulk vs Wolverine straight to DVD.

i doubt we gonna see a steve rogers cameo, hopefully but thoughtful. mainly because they still havent gotten a freaking cap yet, the studio is thinking of matthew mcaughney or however you spell his name but he probably wants to do the whole movie with his shirt off. stan lee stated that he would like will smith to play cap. seriously he has said this on numerous occasions. i remember they made cap black in the comics for a while, the story was really interesting and was a bit more realistic using the tuskegee experiments. however, i think they should stick to the original cap, for the movie.

It's hard to believe it's been 34 years since Wolverine was introduced. I collected Hulk in the early-late '70s and at the time didn't think much about the new character, who inserted himself into a fight between Hulk and Wendigo. I don't follow the comics anymore, but I love how Wolverine's evolved, and think a fight between him and the Hulk would be an excellent idea, maybe even in the next Hulk movie?? If I remember, this last Hulk ended with Banner meditating in a snowy cabin; perhaps Canada? Could be a good lead-in.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i doubt we gonna see a steve rogers cameo, hopefully but thoughtful. mainly because they still havent gotten a freaking cap yet, the studio is thinking of matthew mcaughney or however you spell his name but he probably wants to do the whole movie with his shirt off. stan lee stated that he would like will smith to play cap. seriously he has said this on numerous occasions. i remember they made cap black in the comics for a while, the story was really interesting and was a bit more realistic using the tuskegee experiments. however, i think they should stick to the original cap, for the movie.
    I'm surprised they didn't do black Cap in the Ultimates. Not sure I could see Will Smith as him though. I'm done with him as an action hero.

One thing I think I could see though, is a cameo by Steve Rogers as a nerdy little kid maybe that's not on the frontlines that Logan encounters for some reason. That way they could really use a different guy and handwave it once the Cap movie comes out.