Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine

i think ryan reynolds would be able to pull of deadlpool. just he doesnt have the f'd up face or mask. it makes me think the fail. . as for gambit i dont know why they are bringing him in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Wolverine HD trailer

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Bring the Wolverine premiere to your hometown

This is novel promotion worthy of your attention.

HUGH JACKMAN CHALLENGES X-MEN FANS ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO BE “THE FIRST TO WITNESS THE ORIGINS” BY WINNING THE WORLD PREMIERE OF X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE…FOR THEIR HOMETOWN

Movie Stars, Klieg Lights, Red Carpet and All the Trappings of a Hollywood Movie Premiere to Descend on Winning Town’s Local Movie Theater

“X” Marks the Spot – as “Wolverine” Himself Says Thanks to Those Who Made the X-Men Film Series One of the Industry’s Most Successful

LOS ANGELES, (April 1, 2009)….In an announcement made today on YouTube, Hugh Jackman, who plays the famed antihero in X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, is taking Hollywood and the film’s premiere to the people who made the X-Men film series one of the industry’s biggest – inviting the legions of X-Men fans across the United States to be the first to “witness the origins” in their hometown with the cast on Monday, April 27.

To put in a bid to host the premiere, fans need only remember that “X marks the spot”: at the website x-menorigins.com/premiere, they should mark their town with a digital “X.” The location with the most votes/X’s will win the red carpet, star-studded movie premiere.

The winning town will be announced on April 20th.

Jackman himself made the announcement today, via a taped message, uploaded to YouTube, in which the actor credits the film series’ success to the global community of X-Men movie fans. To express his appreciation, Jackman is hosting this special event in which he will bring the movie and a few of his “friends and enemies” from the film to the winning town. In addition to the stars and filmmakers, the event will have all the other trappings of a mega-Hollywood premiere, including the red carpet, klieg lights, and media coverage.

X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, the first chapter in the X-Men saga, unites Wolverine with several other legends of the X-Men universe, in an epic revolution that pits the mutants against powerful forces determined to eliminate them. Twentieth Century Fox releases the film everywhere May 1st.

The YouTube direct link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-drLdnk-g24
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

there is a "work print" of this film circulating around the net. i wouldnt see it thou, becaue a work print means just that its a print of the movie they show to test audiences that is missing sound effects score cg, a bunch of stuff. you'll see people on wires. its not worth it imo. i would just wait.

Davis?

I just got this from one of our publicity contacts.
    DAVIS, CA is in the lead with the most votes to host the WORLD PREMIERE OF X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE. Please encourage your listeners, readers and viewers to go to x-menorigins.com/premiere to VOTE for DAVIS! Voting ends Friday, April 17th and the winning city is announced Monday, April 20th. THE WORLD PREMIERE WITH HUGH JACKMAN & THE CAST from the movie will take place MONDAY, APRIL 27th!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

going to the new york premiere of this film. cant wait.

A guy I know saw an early screening. It's too far removed from canon for me to watch it.

let's just say that this is an awesome movie, the 'work print effects' are quite minimal

Despite the utter failure that was Origins, the sequel looks to be very promising.

Darren Aronofsky helming a superhero flick is an entriguing proposition. I look forward to seeing what he brings to it.

If it is anything like the conclusion of Reqiuem for a Dream. . .

Anyways, it appears that Jackman is on a 6,000 calories/day diet in order to maintain a 210lb weight.

Thats insane.

Hugh Jackman to Wolverine fans: ‘The planets are finally aligned to make a great movie’
    LA Times

GB: Are you going to have to go back to that intense diet, eating whole chickens so you can get that muscle mass back up?

HJ: I’m on it right now, mate, already doing it. It’s 6,000 calories a day, it’s rough.

GB: How much you weighing?

HJ: Right now, I’m at 210.

GB: Wow, so you’re going to be bigger this time? Last time, you looked about, what, 190?

HJ: Yeah, right, I was 190, something like that. I don’t know how much I want to give away about it, but Darren said with the last one, ‘Hey you looked great, but you’re so tall that in those long shots you looked kind of like Clint Eastwood, and that’s not Wolverine.” He said that Wolverine, in the comics, is powerful, stocky, you know, he’s short and thick. So he said, ‘I want you to go there, get bigger.’ He’s going to come down after he gets done with all the black-tie events over and done with.

GB: That’s interesting because in comics, sure, Wolverine is quite short and almost hunched over at times, a sort of feral posture, and he’s bulky up high – he’s like the nasty bulldog of superheroes.

HJ: Yeah, he’s thick and it’s chunky and it’s powerful. I always think of Mike Tyson when he first came on the scene. Sometimes, he was a full foot shorter than his opponents and bent over [with this] massive build. There’s real power. You said bulldog, and that’s it exactly. Exactly. That’s what I’m going for, and if I have a massive heart attack first, well, you tell everyone what I was going for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    This is not a veiled request for compliments

The short story is I did 325# for one set of 1 rep.

1) Does this sound gifted, or just lucky?

Origins made 370 million dollars worldwide, how is that an utter failure ??

Aesthetically speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Aesthetically speaking.
    Oh well, just the casting of Jackman as Wolverine was a kick to the prostate but hey, that's hollywood, LMAO !!

See the new Superman?

Jackman is not so bad.

I am not an X-Men fanboy so while I enjoyed the first two flicks, I did not have a lot riding on it.

Seriously though, Aronofsky helming this is reason to be excited. Dude can cut some film.

I don't really give a **** about Superman either so. . .meh.

Jon Hamm was born for that role.

I only saw part of Wolverine 1...

...it might have even been on Spanish TV. It was the ending and it didn't impress me. Honestly, even with the new Spidey and Batman, I'm sort of done with comic book hero flicks now.

However, I will say great for Will Yun Lee. He was a poster boy for Tiger Claw back in the day. Nice guy... very sincere practitioner.

'Wolverine' Sequel Casts Two Villains
    Actors Will Yun Lee, recently seen on "Hawaii Five-O," and "Grimm's" Brian Tee are new additions to Marvel Comics film.
    4:19 PM PDT 7/9/2012 by Borys Kit

"Brian Tee and Will Yun Lee"

The Wolverine, Fox’s sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, is casting its villains.

Will Yun Lee, recently seen on the CBS drama Hawaii Five-O, and Brian Tee, who has appeared recently on shows such as Grimm and Burn Notice, are joining Hugh Jackman in the Japan-set movie based on the Marvel Comics hero.

James Mangold is directing the movie, which is scheduled to begin production next month in Australia.

The story borrows heavily from the Chris Claremont-Frank Miller Wolverine comic book miniseries that premiered in the 1980s.

Tee is playing Noburo Mori, a corrupt minister of justice who is about to marry the daughter of a yakuza crime lord (the daughter is Wolverine’s love interest).

Lee will play Harada, more commonly known as The Silver Samurai. He possesses an electrified suit of samurai armor and is the illegitimate son of the crime lord.

Yun Lee, repped by APA and Industry Entertainment, recently wrapped voicing action the video game Sleeping Dogs and will be seen in the Total Recall remake. He also plays a villain in MGM’s Red Dawn remake.

Tee was part of the ensemble cast of the Starz drama Crash and has a string of TV appearances. He is repped by DiSante Frank & Co.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I think I still have my copies of that comic, gonna have to dig them out of the attic!