Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu politics has not changed

Thumbs down Kung Fu politics has not changed

its sad having stepped out of the circle for a number of years due to some injuries, continuing to observe and recently joining back into the fray - things haven't really changed at all.
    Parts of it still have the egos, politics, jealousy, rivalries, narrowminds, lies...
    Some things just never change...

sorry just a little rant of mine...

speak for yourself.

you know, because that's all there is really.

Kung Fu is good for you.

not really...that would be akin to saying a position on something and then to discount it by saying - "then again thats just my opinion".

I'm very happy for you if you haven't made the same observations or had the same experiences. Good for you

btw - where is my manners? Merry Christmas!

hey merry christmas to you!

and remember, this too shall pass.

Kung Fu is good for you.

if someone has a problem with you send him to heaven

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

should we be obliged to give him the cab fare?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ho ho ho, me so solly, what i meant to say is everyone shoud solve your confrontations in a peaceful non aggesive manner bcuase martial arts is about peace love and gay sex

do not be scare i make joke
    but when is the last time people in kung fu solve in door problem with fist instead of gossip like womans? ive never seen it.
    i mean
    if you insult someone in the jianghu, you are challenging him, right?
    what happen to wu de people talk so much about?
    Last edited by bawang; 12-24-2008 at 09:01 AM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    everyone likes to talk of Mo-Lum, how everyone is upstanding,righteous and honorable Sifus, always tossing around phrases like Mo-Duk, Yan Yee Do Duk, etc , etc..
    Truth be told, they are just a bunch of gossiping old hens. Worried about who is doing what, who's rice bowl is bigger.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I think there have been some changes. In the last few years I've seen a reduction of the so-called "MacSchools" and the chains. It looks are more people are demanding more traditional training.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    everyone likes to talk of Mo-Lum, how everyone is upstanding,righteous and honorable Sifus, always tossing around phrases like Mo-Duk, Yan Yee Do Duk, etc , etc..
    Truth be told, they are just a bunch of gossiping old hens. Worried about who is doing what, who's rice bowl is bigger.
    I think it often just means "I deserve all this special treatment"...you know? What's up with kung fu guys all thinking they have some kind of magical special thing that makes them somehow better than anyone else? S hit, it's all just hard work and either skill in fighting, or no skill in fighting.
    A unique snowflake

just too many people dont look for real fighting skills, or people who have them, or ways to properly train them.

you get guys like this who have spent X years in martial arts, yet couldnt hold their own against an amature sport fighter, what else can they do but perpetuate the lies they have lived for so long.

they know nothing else, never developed anything worth while in their lives and hopelessly hang onto that last shred of manhood left to them. the appearances they developed for themselves.

its okay though, a lot of these guys are just teaching kids anyway.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    just too many people dont look for real fighting skills, or people who have them, or ways to properly train them.

you get guys like this who have spent X years in martial arts, yet couldnt hold their own against an amature sport fighter, what else can they do but perpetuate the lies they have lived for so long.

they know nothing else, never developed anything worth while in their lives and hopelessly hang onto that last shred of manhood left to them. the appearances they developed for themselves.

its okay though, a lot of these guys are just teaching kids anyway.
    I would agree wholeheartedly with this statement, to me many of the old timer Kung Fu teachers that I've known over the years cling to what they know as if it were some form of religious faith. The vast majority of them can't fight but wouldn't even fathom looking outside their little box.

Unfortunate to me really as there are many aspects of CMA that I feel have value and merit (cultural & sportive aspects) but much of CMA has degraded & not evolved.

My two cents.
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

politics is just politics.

wherever, you have 2 people, they may work together

wherever, you have 3 or more people, opposing factions will form.

there is this saying

one monk would carry the bucket to fetch drinking water from the river.

2 monks would carry and fetch together.

3 monks together, there is no water to drink, b/c none of them would want to be the one to carry the bucket. or 2 people may carry the bucket, everyone wants to be the 3rd free person

in any circle including MA circle.

there are people, there will be politics or favorism.

for most of us, just live and let live

or mind our own business and don't let others get to us.

--

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    you get guys like this who have spent X years in martial arts, yet couldnt hold their own against an amature sport fighter.
    That's me.

These "amateur sport fighters" are freaking really tough. Go enter a sanctioned, amateur MMA event in your area, see what happens and then report back.