Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

My Uncle Robert got arrested when he was playing Santa. He decided to give a present to Cousin Billy. Billy walked funny for a week, and when Uncle Robert got out of jail, he walked funny for a year.

a horse just got ridden a thousand kilometers,

what he wanted for christmas, may be some rest and sleep.

a bird just flew south for the winter,

what he wanted for christmas, may be some food and warmth.

--

sometimes, it is not that difficult to tell what we need and what we want

--

and yet, sometimes our needs are confused with our wants.

--

what do you want for christmas?

peace on earth.

ya ya.

--

we do I want for christmas

a quiet stroll along the beach and enjoy the warming winter sun if any.

something that simple

yes.

and "something stupid"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoSbnAFvqfA

a piece of music to soothe my weary soul from toils, hustles and bustles from daily life, family and job, church etc.

--

I want you to start making some sense. You're like a magic Eightball of crack.

We can always hope...

All the best of the season to everyone.
    Peace on earth and good will towards men.

Lol Lol

Merry Christmas to all....and to all a good FIGHT!!!!

J/K.... Have a great holiday,Everyone.

~Cg~
    我听见,我忘记;我看见,我记住;我做,我了解。
    I hear, I forget; I see, I remember; I do, I understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flm4xcOyiCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsGCI...eature=related

this is one of my fave, too.

oops. we all got old.

47 christmas and counting, that is.

Thumbs up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIEUe...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXOVe...eature=related

Zhou Xuan singing 4 seasons song from 1930's. my father favorite. japanese occupation of north east china and china fighting among itself in the 30's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztd54yqCuIw

a movie or tv series made about her recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8iKg...eature=related

opening clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI2JjTQHJvI

a tribute

Last edited by SPJ; 12-25-2007 at 06:06 PM.

santa is

A NINJA

he sneaks into and out of your house

no one has ever seen him ..ever

he flies

he wears a red suit so as that the blood doesnt stain his clothes

he lives in a grotto (read: lair) in a place that is utterly inhospitable

if your kids start going around the house looking for him STOP THEM

there is a reason no one has seen him and that is that he doesnt leave anyone alive

we know what he looks like purely because he took a polaroid of himself in yhour bed, shower etc just because he could

i suggest that every year you advise your family to duck for no reason whatsoever on christmas eve
    just in case

merry christmas

(dont sue for plagerism please kthanx )
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Not that I care, because I have way more interest in my culture (typical British mix of Celtic and Anglo-Saxon) than in Christianity, but you might be interested in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I know that Santa seems harmless but if you think about it he has the characteristics of a pagan idol (who is replacing God in Christmas). And I thought worship of false idols was wrong
    Of course you know Christmas was banned in the early American settlements? The whole thing is a pagan festival through and through, and Jesus was born in September, as attested to by various Orthodox churches, so I take it you don't celebrate Christmas at all, not even by going to church?

Any way you want to cut it up, Saint Niklaus was a Christian, and a good role model, though I appreciate you may be concerned that that isn't how he's shown in modern day.

Of course if you are Christian you should either completely shun Christmas, or teach your kids the real meaning (which would include why Christians chose that day to celebrate the birth of Jesus), and since they can't really avoid it the second one would be the best IMO.

Anyway.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

I'm Christian and I don't really care myself....I'm just throwing it out that's all. Just being goofy I guess.

Christians celebrate Christ's birthday on Christmas day-that's enough for me. We all know he most likely wasn't born on that day or that time of year. And, why we chose that time of year, yadda yadda.

"so I take it you don't celebrate Christmas at all, not even by going to church?"

I went to Midnight Mass last night (Christmas morning).

Anyway....Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by Anthony; 12-25-2007 at 06:35 PM.

I know that Santa seems harmless but if you think about it he has the characteristics of a pagan idol (who is replacing God in Christmas). And I thought worship of false idols was wrong

1) He's magical. For example: he flies through the air, can visit every home in one night, can get into and out of your house, has room in his sleigh for presents for everyone, etc.

2) He knows who's been good and bad. And he will reward accordingly. So God does not judge you anymore....Santa does.

3) He teaches materialism. It's all about "what am I going to get this Christmas."

4) He represents happiness through gift receiving and a type of father figure. He's jolly, etc.

"5yr old girl gave me a 10% off coupon for a toy store..."

Now if that doesn't say it all. I don't think Catholics should have anything to do with santa at Christmas. No offense but I don't see other religions diverting their childrens attention from God. Why do Catholics do it?
    Hey, you`re welcome to your opinion, nothin` wrong with that. But for me the whole goal for the night making those kids smile. Religion, no matter what faith you belong to, should teach it`s value every day, not just at Christmas.
    Santa is the modern representation of St. Nicholas, a bishop from Turkey who is the patron saint of those who do good deeds (or give gifts) in secret. That`s why he comes at night. Christmas, Santa, the gifts, it all only becomes a secular materialistic selfish excuse for a shopping spree if WE let it.
    Teach your kid Why Santa brings gifts, and the importance of giving over recieving. No one is trying to replace the real meaning of the season, remembering the birth of Christ. And yes, I know, there are old pagan overtones to the traditions and the timing......that`s because long ago people realized that by making a couple of small compromises in the way it`s celebrated made it more accessable to the everyday man of that time. AND IT WORKED! Ask anyone now why we have Christmas and they`ll tell you it celebrates the birth of Jesus. Nobody remembers any of the old pagan holidays. They get a good feeling in thier heart and try to share a little charity and be a little better person.

Just as an aside, I`m no Catholic, I`m a Mormon. Can I ask what made you think I might be Catholic, or did I just misinterprate your post?

I know that Santa seems harmless but if you think about it

3) He teaches materialism. It's all about "what am I going to get this Christmas."

4) He represents happiness through gift receiving and a type of father figure. He's jolly, etc.

"5yr old girl gave me a 10% off coupon for a toy store..."

Now if that doesn't say it all.
    It says that she was more interested in GIVING something to help Santa give to other kids than she was in recieving a present. It says she really has learned to think of others. It says that even at that tender age she cares about other people as much as she cares about herself.

If I remember my Bible correctly Jesus said the second great commandment was "to love thy neighbor as thy self." Sounds like Christmas and Santa have really ruined her understanding of the gospel............jerk.
    Last edited by Chosen-frozen; 12-25-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Didn`t think "****" was profanity