Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christ Mass

Merry Christ Mass

Merry Christ Mass you crazy b@stards...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

so controversial. lol

merry christmas.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Merry Christmas All.

And remember, George Bush is still saving your ass whether you like it or not. At least for a little while longer.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Yeah yeah...

Merry Obamamas!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2N2ZblEok

a tribute to a star.

with a dream to persue true love.

and happy holidays everyone.

Happy Birthday to Mithras!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    that;s that giant moth with the two little japanese chicks, right?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Everyone!!

And remember, this holiday was lifted from the Pagan Gods!! So you don't have to be Christian to enjoy it!!!

Feel free to give large Wiccan Spell books to your Children, from Santa of course!!

Dajia Shengdan jie kuai le!

Happy whatever-excuse-you-use-to-get-drunk-and-party-in-midwinter!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    man i just learned all about mithras and saturnallia. interesting stuff. espeically considering how much people complain about the spirit of christmas, yet the hanging of lights and the giving of gifts was a large part of the roman celebration of the victory of light over darkness on the solstice. since christians didnt know when jesus was born they kept the parts of this holiday they liked, dropped the saturnallia, and dedicated it to christ. completely cool, but its frustrating when people adamantly and vehemently deny the fact. i mean being unaware is one thing . ...

i also learned about isis and osiris and why orthodox christians celebrate on january 6th.

best part is i learned all this stuff from a jesuit priest. he also happens to have a doctorate in anthropology, so being realistic about the history of the bible is kinda his thing. one of my favoirite quotes from him is, "we need to have an adult faith, not a peasant miracle based faith."
    where's my beer?

"we need to have an adult faith, not a peasant miracle based faith."

I prefer the peasant faith to be honest -I like my life simple. Religion is about how you act and that's what people should focus on. It's what ultimately makes a difference in the world. Not who you can impress at a party with crap like "well the true origin of so and so lies in the ancient tradition of....." Nobody cares. You're either a good person or your not. You either believe and act accordingly or you don't. If people are more concerned with how good their christmas lights look or gift giving then there's something wrong there.

The origins of customs is an interesting subject but knowing that is just a superficial aspect of religion anyway. I'm Catholic and aware of many of the pagan origins of what we do in sacraments, etc. Many come from old traditions that people either didn't want to give up or were so imbedded in culture that they became a part of the next religion. Quite frankly I love the subject and explore it whenever I get the chance. But, in the end it's just not important.

So.....Merrry Christ Mass everyone. Have a happy and healthy New Year.

peasants?

who says "peasants" anymore, except for elitists. lol

christ mass? wtf are you a fundy or something? lol it's not spelled like that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Merry christmas Mas and Peace to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    "we need to have an adult faith, not a peasant miracle based faith."

I prefer the peasant faith to be honest -I like my life simple. Religion is about how you act . . . .
    that quote was taken out of context by me . . . focusing on how you act was exactly his point. as an anthropologist he recognizes that many of the stories in the bible are the same stories used by religion after religion ... myth after myth. they are nice stories to explain things in the context of the times, but have no basis in historical or scientific fact. and that's ok, because history and science have nothing to do with the bible. his point was if you want to learn about biology or history, read a biology or history book. if you want to learn about how to live your life read the bible.
    where's my beer?