Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Be Honest

I'll train as much as I can depending on how work goes. In my line of work I work till I get things done which has in the past been 3-4am in the morning at times.
    the market has gone quiet the last few months so I have been able to train 5-7 times a wk.
    Will be flying to hk for a few wks in Feb 09 to train with my sifu and at other places there - which should be fun.

Hope this quiet period doesn't last too long otherwise I could be out of a job!

I will train more, but only because I had to take a sabbatical for the last 6 months for personal reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Just to train more in general. That includes more.....
    sparring
    bagwork
    conditioning
    Lion Dance.
    Amongst other things like better diet, running and hopefully some swimming.

I do Hung Kuen and at the moment I am learning the Gung Gee F00k Fu set. So at this time with my two jobs I try to make it at least once a week to class. It is usually a good week if I can get two classes in and exceptional if I can get to our fight class on fridays. I really want to spend time with this set and pick my Sifu's brain regarding the apps. So for me this a strong focus in the early part of the year.

Plus meeting up with my other fight group and kwoon brothers on the weekends is something I am pushing more towards in the new year.

I think next year(2010) I will try to get some competing in and possibly cross train in some kind of wrestling/submission art. I am turning 35 this year so I'll see how it goes.

More training for this year

more drills, and more power training

Should be more than last year... heck if you don't count the swimming workouts i did in 2008, i'll probably be able to hit my # of hours in the gym for 2008 by June of 2009.

More importantly, I think I've finally proven the link to myself between drinking/smoking and lowered immune system. So this is going to be a dry year for me; but hopefully a healthy one.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting