Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Be Honest

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    oh yeah, and I signed up here

http://www.islandrock.net/

just for the grip and claw training!

so..what's this gi/towel thing, Ronin?
    Last edited by TenTigers; 12-31-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    oh yeah, and I signed up here

http://www.islandrock.net/

just for the grip and claw training!

so..what's this gi/towel thing, Ronin?
    im going to be starting judo soon. so he suggested i hang a gi over my pull up bar and grip that while i do pullups instead of holding the bar. likewise, putting weight in the gi and doing lifts. for the gi gripage.

im a bum and dont have a gi yet, so im using a sturdy towel

ive been looking at http://www.portlandrockgym.com/ for the same reasons. just kinda spendy for me given my increasingly tight budget.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

man, that mushroom thing looks insane!
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    man, that mushroom thing looks insane!
    lol ya it does. i hadnt seen that before. they have huge windows outside so you can watch people climb, but either thats new, or not visible from the window. some of those people are just plain hard core.

a friend of mine built a frame he uses in his apartment. it has various hand holds for climbing on it.

he will hop on it and grip and just hold. change to different holds and climb around it. he said its great practice, and pretty cheap to build. ive been thinking of having him build me one. since im not very handy and dont have any wood or tools or a car to get the supplies.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

more - which, considering I did very little in '08 isn't saying too much - I started BJJ in September and was fairly consistent 2 - 3x / week up until the holidays hit, now it's been about 2 weeks since my last class - but I'm starting up again this weekend, should be more consistent; might also be able to swing a private class in there as well 1x / week, which should be helpful

also got my work schedule reorganized so I will be able to get into NYC to see my sifu 1:1 at least 1x a month

and have just organized a home routine which is a combo of body-weight stuff (Hindu squats / push-ups / bridges), the BJJ workout we do (triangles, "opas", bicycles, egg-beaters, shrimping, etc.), and stuff from the yi jin jing I practice (some pretty intense qigong stuff)

also gonna do the Body for Life diet routine, have been psychologically transitioning towards that for a few weeks, will start up full tilt on Monday...(hey TT - what was that egg recipe you said made when you were doing that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Will you train more, less, or the same in 2009 that you did in 2008?

I am determined to squeeze in a few more hours per week this year because the big 4-0 is knocking on the door, but in reality it may be hard to do because a little fella just joined us.
    Hopefully more. Though after coming off a couple of herniated discs in my neck which kept me sidelined for a while, that's not a lot.

Hey, more is more.

Hard to say

There are a lot of things I would like to do for 2009

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    Hard to say

There are a lot of things I would like to do for 2009
    I'm just hoping none of them involve GDA's mom.

I'm lost.

Who's GDA? And is his/her mom hot?

Hopefully more. My wacky work schedules have been he|| on my ability to keep up my classes per week, and the tiny apartment I live in doesn't allow for much. Getting my schedule organized around a lot more usage of the kwoon's open hours, though, so I'm looking forward to whiling away numerous hours on the heavy bag and getting in tons more sparring.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I HOPE that I will be able to train more, but with 2 kids and a really F'ed schedule that makes the only training time possible be 5 AM to 6:30 Am, I don't think so.
    I still put in 5 days a week at best, though it tends to be more like 3.
    The fact is, with no gyms open, I am stuck with solo training, except for Saturdays.
    So, right now, its:
    Solo MA:
    Monday to Friday in which I do one day striking, one day knife work, one day stick work and so forth and then grappling/sparring on Saturdays.
    Sucks, but it is what it is.

...ahhh, the seldom seen solo grappling!

All you need is some alone time and the internet...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

without further ado, i give you our localGDA

BFL is amazing-just be careful-you develop strength real fast and sometimes you can get overzealous. I have gotten many injuries from this.
    The egg recipies are in the beer and food section, one is for geurng chung yao(ginger and scallion oil) and the other is simply tobasco chipotle and ketchup.

btw-BFL has become so effective that the companies like NAPMA and others are marketing it for the McDojos, and there is now an MLM based on BFL called Transitions.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

absolutely more,
    kung fu
    strength
    yoga
    qi gung
    meditation

This is the year of years, i am not even allowing myself to sit,