Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: St. Louis

i've been in st. louis since summer '07.

not sure what you're looking for exactly, but i'd just say beware. this place seems to have a ton more fakes, frankly, than anything authentic.

especially as far as shaolin goes. all the ones i've seen using the name "shaolin" have turned out to be rather disappointing- as is to be expected.

i personally study with master shi deyang in china, but keep to myself while in st. louis for aforementioned reasons.

you may end up having to do the same, unfortunately. st. louis isnt all that big.

LFJ- Thanks a lot for replying, I hoped I would hear from someone directly familiar with St. Louis. Just from looking at websites, I agree with your assessment of the options. I am devoted to practicing the whole art (take from that what you will), and it seems very doubtful that I will find a teacher on the same wavelength in St. Louis. It very well might prevent me from moving there at all. I am good at keeping myself motivated, not letting my practice slide when I've had shortish breaks in instruction. Still, I am not an advanced enough student to maintain my growth if those breaks were to become routine.
    By any chance are you aware of any interesting schools within, say, a 250 mile radius

Thanks for your input.

unfortunately i dont have any further information. i only searched around the area when i first arrived here.