Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ot: german names for protector or baby

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    The Bernese is one of my favorite breeds...a shame they have relatively short livespans...
    what are you saying?
    yeah, it's a bit of a bummer - I think average is 8 - 10 years...sweet as all he1l though...

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I have a flat-coat retriever
    he is well trained in Hung-Ga
    kahp choih, LOL...CTS would have rolled on his asz laughing at that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Laukarbo View Post
    the letter Ü sounds like,if u know cantonese ,the word kuen ..now say it without the K and N...
    yes! actually, I remember thinking that at one point how my German helped my Cantonese pronunciation in general...

I keep hearing Sean Connery's voice in my head saying,"We named the dog Indiana!"
    one of the best lines ever; right up there with, "He chose...poorly."

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    yea, 8-10 is what I remember...**** shame, every Bernese I've ever met was just the nicest dog ever.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

I always thought,"Rik" was a cool name.
    and would only be fair, after all, I was named,"Rik" by my sister, after the neighbor's German Shepard.

I keep hearing Sean Connery's voice in my head saying,"We named the dog Indiana!"
    Yeah but saying "Rik" with a German R (guttural R similar to that of French) all the time would be hard! It would also draw looks in public from people who are like "dood wat r u saying?" Or you could be a Bavarian and roll it. lol. "RRRRRRRRRRRRik!!!!! Come!"
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Name it Zerstörer der Welten !!!!!!
    on second thought destroyer of worlds might be a bit much. how bout just plain ol zerstor
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.