Good Morning Gene,
This is a very interesting thread for me in that it has talked about how the magazine industry works (or does not work, as the case maybe). Just yesterday I stepped foot for the first time in 17 years or so in an American bookstore. Although I have been back in California for about 6 months, I had not had the chance to get into a regular bookstore.

I went into the B. Dalton in Horton Plaza (downtown San Diego). The magazine rack (which ran across a whole wall) was full-----but not a single martial arts magazine to be seen. They had the full line of what I will call the "Weider Muscle Mags" but nothing on martial arts. It is a bit different at the Vons supermarket where I buy food. It has the usual martial arts "regulars" (i.e. Black Belt, IKF, Grappling).

Well...we shall see. The B. Dalton looked real sad in terms of martial arts books too. They had probably about 10 different titles. Almost all of them were Tuttle Publishing, mixed martial arts stuff. The bigger, all color MMA/BJJ books they are putting out.

take care,
Brian