Thread: Print publishing death watch

Hybrid View

Missed Black Belt going out

Looks like Black Belt has also ceased printing. They still seem to have a solid online presence.

https://www.blackbeltmag.com/a-new-e...ent-and-future

"The Future of Black Belt
    As in battle, every martial artist must adapt to changing environments. Black Belt embraces this challenge as we move to deliver our community the best content across the digital platforms.

With the new team in place, we are taking the time to listen to you, our community, about your hopes for Black Belt. One constant theme was the desire for Black Belt to return to innovating and prioritizing excellence and mastery. In order to do this, we will be adding offerings and trimming services that no longer serve that goal."

Thanks for this, MightyB

I was tracking the ownership change because some of our old KFTC freelance contributors were caught in that wake (let go from their regular submission roster). I didn't realize that they went out of print too. Strange as it may sound, I mourn this too. We weren't truly competitors because their coverage was more expansive and they were older, but the loss of any martial print mag is sad.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart