Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Taken

Saw this with the wife tonight. Good way to use a gift card from X-mas. Managed to get into the movie and popcorn and soda without spending a dime of our own dough.

Anyways. I thought this was awesome. Liam Neeson was great, as usual. I think this movie and Michael Collins are my favorites of his. There's something about brutal bloody revenge that really gets me going. I loved it. At it right up.

Hard to imagine Liam as an American born dude though, his Irishness just pours from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    about the fight scene edits.

what ten tigers and doug said rpetty much sum it up.
    Well, as I do value both their opinions, it only reaffirms my positive views of the movie.
    Cordially yours,
    冠木侍 (KS)

"Jiu mo gwai gwaai faai dei zau" (妖魔鬼怪快哋走) -- The venerable Uncle Chan

"A fool with a sword is more dangerous than any weapon..."

“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”--John Quincy Adams

"If you have an unconquerable calmness, you can overcome the enemy without force" -Bushi Matsumura

I saw this movie on Friday and Neeson was bad a$$. I was hooked when I saw the first commercial, and was so glad when it didn't disappoint me. The first scene where Neeson protects the singer was great. Moves are classic Kali, even though some KF guys want to say it is WC.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Neeson himself says his training for the movie was in Parkour. No mention of Wing Chun or Kali. Before I read how he was trained, I had thought (from the trailer) that it might have been Krav Maga.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Neeson himself says his training for the movie was in Parkour. No mention of Wing Chun or Kali. Before I read how he was trained, I had thought (from the trailer) that it might have been Krav Maga.
    I was right, and the WC guys can claim some credit, but not really
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Regardless, Taken was an exceptionally entertaining movie. My wife and I went to see it on Valentines day and both of us absolutely enjoyed it.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.