Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: A message for Humanity...

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    we have to stop agreeing or we could hurt our reputation here.

seriously though, I totally agree with you 100%.
    Yeah, Ross is saying everything I've wanted to say since the first post on this thread - but much more eloquently than I ever could've put it.

The only problems I have with Israel's actions are more akin to these:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/topNe...25614320080423
    Hard to keep considering someone your friend when they keep stealing your homework.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I don't want to make what is happening in Gaza seem unnewsworthy. It's a terrible tragedy. I just wanted to point out that there are other terrible tragedies going on as well.
    David might find this of interest. Not open warfare, but the San people of Namibia and South Africa (probably the first humans according to Dr. Spencer Wells) are being systematically driven further into the desert and bush because of diamonds and gold. They are not really bush people and are not adapting well. There are darn few of them left.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    I don't want to make what is happening in Gaza seem unnewsworthy. It's a terrible tragedy. I just wanted to point out that there are other terrible tragedies going on as well.
    David might find this of interest. Not open warfare, but the San people of Namibia and South Africa (probably the first humans according to Dr. Spencer Wells) are being systematically driven further into the desert and bush because of diamonds and gold. They are not really bush people and are not adapting well. There are darn few of them left.

You really don't have to go further than our own backyard for that. The biggest holocaust in recorded history happened right here in North America against the indians of almost every tribe on the continent.

Unhappy

Sadly you are correct.

the messed up part about the natives in the americas, was the amount of differing countries and nations involved in the enslaving and destruction of these people.

it wasnt like one nation against another, how we see this happen many times. it was an effort put forward by nearly every nation to visit these lands.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    If Isreal would give up the land that it illegaly obtained in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, Golan Heights, and Gaza Strip, they probably wouldn't get rockets lobbed at them so often.

I rolled my eyes so far back into my head that I fell off my chair.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Can we get some ^&%$ing global outrage over THIS, please?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/...tch/index.html
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    I'm going to ignore bakxierboxer's flights of fancy...
    No problem.
    OTOH, video of that destruction was on "mainstream" network news

i am intentionally and blissfully ignorant on politics and world events. i never cease to amaze my friends with the things i don't know. i have no idea why isreal and gaza are fighting, and while i feel terrible for the civilian victims, i don't care to learn any more about it.

i do however frequent ogrish, and happened across a collection of pictures from gaza on the forums. i don't know if these would be classified as work safe or not, but they certainly aren't meant for anyone with a weak stomach. i've become a little more desensitised to such media than i care to admit over the years, but there are some pictures on this link that brought tears to my eyes. ive seen more graphic gore, but few pictures have captured this level of sadness.

http://portail.islamboutique.fr/gaza2008/
    where's my beer?

The is like being out with your son who's being a real A hole and picks a fight with someone much better than him. Well the fights over in a matter of minutes but the guy is still on top of your son pounding away at a man that can barely lift his head. Of course the father is going to join in the fight no matter if his son was right or wrong.

This is whats happening in Gaza. The people there have no choice. They have to fight because the Israelis are trying to kill everyone there and there's no where to go.

I hate bullies......Especially ones who feel they are justified becuase the other guy started it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    The is like being out with your son who's being a real A hole and picks a fight with someone much better than him. Well the fights over in a matter of minutes but the guy is still on top of your son pounding away at a man that can barely lift his head. Of course the father is going to join in the fight no matter if his son was right or wrong.

This is whats happening in Gaza. The people there have no choice. They have to fight because the Israelis are trying to kill everyone there and there's no where to go.

I hate bullies......Especially ones who feel they are justified becuase the other guy started it.
    you can't be serious. If Israel wanted to "kill everybody there" it would be done.

such sensationalist alarmist crap.

you have no idea of the situation and yet you sit here and spout things like this.

terrific! good for you!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    you can't be serious. If Israel wanted to "kill everybody there" it would be done.

This.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

**** Israel, **** the jews.
    Last edited by Infrazael; 01-11-2009 at 03:47 PM.
    棋盘山上砍过树,故宫城里盗过墓,此生行尽天涯路,沈阳儿女就是酷.

Unhappy

The plan is succeeding. There are normally rational people calling to turn the whole area into a parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    The plan is succeeding. There are normally rational people calling to turn the whole area into a parking lot.
    I don't think there is a need to insult parking Lots.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !