Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A NY Gwailo in Kowloon Park..

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

A NY Gwailo in Kowloon Park..

kinda like, "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
    Sifu David Rogers and I went to HK and his Si-Hing was demonstration in Kowloon Park, so he asked us to come out and play. David and his son performed Hop-Ga and I banged out this little Moi Fa Kuen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnBlfSKEDY
    I usually don't like to put up videos of myself, as I am never satisfied. But my friends and teachers put it this way-"If you don't put something up now, what will you do, wait till you're old and not at your best? You can always put up more."
    So with your indulgence..
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Very nicely done!

Chinese people in China usually appreciate it when Westerners show a love for something Chinese.

When will you return to China?

Looked good to me I enjoyed seeing your emphasis on some parts of that set.
    -Golden Arms-

read my comment. hahahaha, I'm such a funny guy....otherwise good job. I like that set.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

It was you're first time there, right?? Did you enjoy yourself?? Did you go to the mainland, or just stay in HK?

I'm bringing a large group again in 4/2010, you're more than welcome to come and bring students if you wish.

Good stuff Ten.
    keep em' coming!

Cool, I had never seen that set before. Parts of it had (dare I say) a CLF kinda look.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Cool, I had never seen that set before. Parts of it had (dare I say) a CLF kinda look.
    there are speculations that this set derived from CLF originally....

cool. now I finally know what you look like.

good job
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    It was you're first time there, right?? Did you enjoy yourself?? Did you go to the mainland, or just stay in HK?
    It was my first time, and I had a blast! Thanks to Sifu Rogers and his wonderful family, who's friends had a place on lantau Island. I did not go to mainland as it was during the Olympics and it was on such short notice that it would have been very expensive. It was pretty hot, but not too bad. Luckily, there was a typhoon to cool us off. Nice to sit in the lobby and watch trees go by.
    Every morning Sifu Rogers and I would go running on the beach, then go for wonton mein and jook and nai cha, then get on the bus and shoot over to Hong Kong. The subways are so great compared to NYC. Clean, safe, and easy to navigate.
    We got to hang out with Chow Wing-Dak, and Lum-Jo, two Hung-Ga greats. Got to train on the rooftops, and exchange techniques, even did some light sparring.
    Sifu Rogers' Sifu, Deng Jan Gong came over to stay with us from Guangzhao, so we got to do Gung-Fu every night. Just the four of us-Sifu Rogers, Deng-Sifu,Me, an Jack...Daniels. They were very late nights.
    Deng Sifu is one of the last of the old-school Sifus, and his knowledge of real Gung-Fu is endless.
    I can't wait to go again.
    If it weren't for my teachers, Hing-Dai, and my students, I would pick up and move there in a heartbeat.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    kinda like, "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court."
    Sifu David Rogers and I went to HK and his Si-Hing was demonstration in Kowloon Park, so he asked us to come out and play. David and his son performed Hop-Ga and I banged out this little Moi Fa Kuen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOnBlfSKEDY
    I usually don't like to put up videos of myself, as I am never satisfied. But my friends and teachers put it this way-"If you don't put something up now, what will you do, wait till you're old and not at your best? You can always put up more."
    So with your indulgence..
    Cool clip TT, I can see some CLF as well...I thought you were gonna post some Hap Ga

just for you, Diego- Sifu David Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfM7WIALPEo

btw-that day was record heat.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Hong Kong is hot and its so hard to train in the heat. When I first went to Miami the first time in the 1990's I thought it was the hottest place on earth. Then I went to HK, and thought it must be the hottest place on earth. couldnt get hotter than that, then I moved to Wuhan, and realised Hell must be very very close by.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Luckily, there was a typhoon to cool us off. Nice to sit in the lobby and watch trees go by.
    Sifu TT - Grandmaster of Understatement, lol...

When I first went to Hong Kong back in 1991, landing at Kai Tak airport was a roller coaster ride to say the least, walking out the airplane door to the runway tarmac I felt like I had just stepped into a blast furnace ..it was unbelievable, never felt such heat before .

Very glad to hear you had such a great experience and time in Hong Kong
    Kune Belay Sau