Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyokushin vs. Drunken Boxing vid

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I'm fairly certain that they would make up only a small percentage of the folks in this world who would gladly wait in line to offer you something toxic to drink...
    How would you know? As your sentiments and indeed your friends here seem to be mainly limited to MMA-ists!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn
    whatever it was that you were doing, it's dead now, that's for certain
    Well it was good while it lasted. If you don´t believe me then just ask Kansuke.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-19-2009 at 08:02 PM.

HW still seems to be the one w/ an agenda,
    My "agenda" is to talk about, inform and discuss the traditional approach(s) to kung fu training. I am not selling any organization nor school!

For those of you blessed with shorter than normal attention spans or who suffer from the punch drunkeness syndrom because of over emphasis on your "realistic" and "functional" training, let me remind you that THIS IS A KUNG FU FORUM!

Meaning that people who talk kung fu here are not the ones with the agenda but those who are here to sell some "New and Improved";"Modern and Better";"MMA is King" approach, ARE!. And these are the people that are YOUR friends Mr taai gihk yahn and NOT mine!!!

It is your friends here seem to put down the original/traditional methods of kung fu training while offering the "modern" and "scientific" methods/approaches as "improved" alternatives. Some may be selling a school or an organization while others want just to sound as if they are qualified, ie selling themselves to feel good about themselves.

What most of them have in common is that they are clueless as far as the subject of AUTHENTIC kung fu is concerned. Some know even less than you but you will never call them out as you don`t when elements such as your friend Kansuke acts abnoxiously, and that is because your morality is suffering from Hypocrit´s Amnesia.

By the way, you should thank me as I just named a disease after you.

While you accuse me of having an agenda a lot of your friends are here to promote their so called "kung fu" or is it karate, muay thai,bjj or just kickboxing (take your pick), by perhaps posting youtube videos of themselves heroically breaking pieces of wood, punching bags or participating in sparring and showing how they have "mastered" their "kung fu" (hello Sanjuro ronin,BTW, have you falsely discredited anyone recently?)

Quote Originally Posted by taah gihk yahn
    I'm really just goofing around, being dubious and all that...
    What else is new? And besides you are in "good" company with all the "I am a master of a dozen fighting arts AND kung fu" pretenders here!

HW8

PS. Poor Sanjuro_ronin, it must be frustrating for him to see his friends go where he does not dare to venture. The man couldn`t discuss kung fu if his life depended on it and keeps making snide remarks while hiding behind the ignore button!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-21-2009 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    do you grapple?
    do you wrestle
    do you do groundwork
    Only if there is real chemistry between myself and my assailant otherwise I won`t respect myself the next day.

LOOK! You are proving my point about the lack of knowledge regarding kung fu!

This may come as a suprise to you but there are kung fu styles that address ground fighting and that includes some lineages of Northern Praying Mantis; Tiger; kung fu styles that use drunken boxing forms(which are full of ground fighting applications); Dog Boxing and yes some lineages of Wing Chun.

I believe that the Monkey style does address ground fighting but I am not sure about it.

That is why I always refer to AUTHENTIC kung fu or AUTHENTIC school, because if you have no access to the real deal then you are really better off training MMA rather than in some "Mcdonald" kung fu school and you would be surprised at how many of the well known "masters" with "good reputations" fall into that category . That is my honest opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat
    or include kicks above the waist?
    The Siu Lam lineage of Wing Chun teaches a few kicks to the chest level. There is even a heel kick to the throat area from close range. However, higher level kicks are discouraged but exist as an option.

There are other WC lineages and indeed kung fu styles that do not have the higher level kicks. This does not make them bad. Many kung fu styles regard high kicks as risky because sometimes the genital area is exposed; one is momentarily off balance and etc. etc.

This does not make high kicks bad but at the same time you shouldn´t assume a lack of high kicking techniques necessarilly reflects weakness.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-19-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Look at this. Over and over again, just the same nonsense from this 'hardwork' guy. What is the point?

HW - the quote issues in my post have been addressed.

cheers
    F

HW still seems to be the one w/ an agenda, I'm really just goofing around, being dubious and all that...
    Agenda?
    HA !
    Please note the 2 points in my sig line, that is all that ever needs to be said.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Only if there is real chemistry between myself and my assailant otherwise I won`t respect myself the next day.
    so YOU YOURSELF dont know how to grapple and dont cover groundwork in YOUR art?

i'm not asking about weither monkey style does this or that or mantis or qwhatever

i'm asking about you and YOUR training

and seeing as its pretty obvious you dont train for ground fighting

i can safely say that my training is better than yours and alot of other arts simply because ou and many other arts exclude whole elements of martial arts in favour of one principle

making your style incomplete. simple
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Agenda?
    HA !
    Please note the 2 points in my sig line, that is all that ever needs to be said.
    Note the following quotes from my earlier posts as they show you Sanjuro ronin to be the dishonest troll that you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108
    My "agenda" is to talk about, inform and discuss the traditional approach(s) to kung fu training. I am not selling any organization nor school!
    Meaning that people who talk kung fu here are not [my emphasis]the ones with the agenda but those who are here to sell some "New and Improved";"Modern and Better";"MMA is King" approach, ARE!. And these are the people that are YOUR friends Mr taai gihk yahn and NOT mine!!!
    While you [taai gihk yahn] accuse me of having an agenda a lot of your friends are here to promote their so called "kung fu" or is it karate, muay thai,bjj or just kickboxing (take your pick), by perhaps posting youtube videos of themselves heroically breaking pieces of wood, punching bags or participating in sparring and showing how they have "mastered" their "kung fu" (hello Sanjuro ronin,BTW, have you falsely discredited anyone recently?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadwork108
    For those of you blessed with shorter than normal attention spans or who suffer from the punch drunkeness syndrom because of over emphasis on you "realistic" and "functional" training, let me remind you that THIS IS A KUNG FU FORUM!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork
    FALSE ASSUMPTION! but you are free to make that assumption. I would say that many of them just don´t want to waste time mixing it with the majority MMA-ists here for fear of being ganged up on and bad mouthed.

Furthermore for some of them kung fu is a business/livelyhood and they post here to promote their schools/business. The thought of them or their school being badmouthed by some no nothing knucklehead - with an apparent "kung fu" reputation - on the net, would be "horrifying" to say the least.

Or don´t you remember the prank that was played on me by some of your forum MMA-ist friends (yes the ones with the famous kung fu teachers...lol), where my posts were misquoted making me out to be a Nazi antisemetic (among other nasty accusations) in order to discredit me.

Imagine how a TCMA teacher would feel if his school was associated with that kind of negative publicity on the net?
    This is one of the reasons that I don´t give too much info/details on the net about my training as I have been "bitten" before!!!

To conclude, those who have practised or practise kung fu in the traditional way will know where I am coming from just from reading my posts, whereas people like you Sanjuro_Ronin, never will!

People like you will always "identify" themselves on the net as your type always "get off" the attention you get for your implied "expertise" and your YouTube video clips .

I don´t! I am not here to sell myself nor my school. I am here to discuss and enrich my approach which is the traditional way and is of RELEVANCE in a Kung Fu forum!

PS. Poor Sanjuro_ronin, it must be frustrating for him to see his friends go where he does not dare to venture. The man couldn`t discuss kung fu if his life depended on it and keeps making snide remarks while hiding behind the "ignore"!
    Have a good read Sanjuro and perhaps you will see the disadvantages of being a "jack of all trades and master of none" (or at least not kung fu)!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-20-2009 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post
    so YOU YOURSELF dont know how to grapple and dont cover groundwork in YOUR art?
    I see that when the all mighty blessed you with your "super fighting talents" he took away your sense of humor.

i'm not asking about weither monkey style does this or that or mantis or qwhatever
    I informed you about facts that you apparently had no knowledge of, and I came to that conclusion from your own posts which seemed to suggest that MMA training somehow provides you with aspects that you did not think existed in Kung Fu.

The question did not seem to be about my training or yours but rather about your perception of authentic kung fu training.

By the way, my last post addressed to you has satisfactorily answered your question.

i'm asking about you and YOUR training
    I will answer your question by saying that ground training is covered at the later stages of Chum Kiu in the Wing Chun school that I belong to in Brasil. It is a Mainland Chinese lineage of Wing Chun.

I will also be honest enough to tell you that I had to leave Brasil for London shortly before I reached that level. In London I trained in a none WC school as I could not find one that was in anyway similar to what I had practiced in Rio (see what I mean?).

Shortly before I found this fantastic none WC school I had trained in another great one, also none WC, in which I trained techniques that were aimed at neutralizing and distablizing grapplers. Luckily we had a real grappler (who was training kung fu) to practice with.

Now in Colombia I am soon to meet a WC sifu here in Cali to see what he is all about. I hear that he is good and very combative in his approach.

There now, I have told you more than I should have perhaps but then maybe it was necessary.

Continuing about our discussion, I still say that the question here is not me but the richness and scope of authentic kung fu training which many MMA-ists with so called "kung fu backgrounds" do not seem to be aware of.

As far as Wing Chun is concerned I kept training on my own to maintain my skills and brushed things up with my sifu every time I visited Brasil and when on one occasion he visited London( to do a seminar). Actually, he told me that my other kung fu (none WC) training had improved my roots, power and technique.

and seeing as its pretty obvious you dont train for ground fighting
    Not as much as you obviously.

i can safely say that my training is better than yours and alot of other arts simply because ou and many other arts exclude whole elements of martial arts in favour of one principle
    Again, you are showing what little you understand about kung fu. There is not "one" principle in kung fu. Kung fu training is multidimensional and by implication will take a long time to master, that is if you are lucky enough to train in an AUTHENTIC school!

making your style incomplete. simple
    Do you define what you do as complete? If yes, then you could fly to China tomorrow and beat the hell out of every kung fu master and sifu there. Does that sound realistic to you? If so then do it and come back and tell us about it!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-21-2009 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Sanjuro ronin to be the dishonest troll
    sorry guys, i dont have any agenda. but this is comedy gold right here. im almost willing to quote that.

sj do you live under a bridge?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    sorry guys, i dont have any agenda. but this is comedy gold right here. im almost willing to quote that.
    Sorry to offend your friend Lucas, but he is what he is. He has made dishonest comments about me in the past and when confronted he went and hid behind the ignore button from the safety of which he makes snide remarks. THAT IS A FACT!

I suppose this is some kind of Guerrilla tactic taught to him while he was in the Canadian armed forces from which he was discharged shortly after "shooting himself in the foot".

But hey, why am I discussing morality with you? You, who have also managed to include the likes of Kansuke among your friends, whose "baits" you find so funny while at the same time referring to me as a "troll". What a laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    sj do you live under a bridge?
    Apparently as far as authentic kung fu training is concerned he does!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 01-20-2009 at 08:46 PM.

Ok, this 'hardwork' guy has got to go. What the hell does he have to say besides flame-inducing BS? He's just begging for attention that he can't seem to get unless he stirs up some ****. Enough of this troll.

hmmm...what about my recent fixed up post? I demand a response now!!!

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Lucas - whats wrong? whats with the big eyes??? you looking at me???????
    you wanna roll???? mma style???