I'm very serious about that.
Samurai sword used in woman's fatal stabbing
By NICHOLAS PERSAC • The News Journal • July 27, 2009

A 21-year-old woman died early Sunday when her boyfriend stabbed her with a four-foot-long samurai sword at their apartment after the pair got into an argument, police said.

Officers found Angel Zurlo dead from a stab wound in the upper torso. Her body was in a rear bedroom of the couple's home in the Glen Eagle Village Apartments near Newark shortly after 1 a.m. Sunday, said New Castle County police spokesman Cpl. Trinidad Navarro. Police arrested Michael Kolesar, 21, and a friend of the couple, who was released without being charged, Navarro said. Kolesar is charged with manslaughter and possession of a deadly weapon during the commission of a felony.

According to court documents, the pair had been in an argument at Mango's, a nearby bar. It continued when they got to their home on the first block of Sandalwood Drive.

Police arrived after receiving a call about a stabbing and court documents show Kolesar told police, "She's in there, she's in there, she's dying, please come help her." Officers said they found Zurlo stabbed with the sword.

As Kolesar was being arrested, he said, "I didn't mean to do it. I killed her, she means everything to me," according to documents.

Kolesar and Zurlo showed signs of physical abuse, and he had a scratch on the left side of his neck, documents show.

A witness told police Zurlo carried the sword into the room. When Kolesar tried to disarm her, the argument continued and then he stabbed her.

Kolesar told police he was intoxicated and remembers choking but not stabbing Zurlo. He said he couldn't "remember exactly what happened," that he was "in a rage, and probably at fault," court documents show.

Navarro said Kolesar was charged with manslaughter because the case seemed to involve self-defense.

Apartment complex residents said they weren't worried because the incident was not a random crime.