Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes

samurai swords

Now who here hasn't had a samurai sword in their backseat?

Police arrest domestic violence suspect with samurai sword
    Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 6:29 am PDT
    Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 6:31 am PDT
    Posted by Cleveland 19 Digital Team

John Smith (Source: Stark County Jail)

ALLIANCE, OH (WOIO) -
    Alliance police arrested a suspect on Monday night who they say threatened his girlfriend with a samurai sword.

An officer responded after seeing John Smith, 53, in a vehicle reversing toward an upset woman walking down the street. When the officer went to pull over the vehicle, Smith jumped out and ran. He was arrested after a short foot chase. The sword was found in the back seat of his car.

The woman, Smith's live-in girlfriend, told police that they were at home when Smith choked her, punched her and threatened her with the sword. She was running down the street when the officer saw her.

Smith is charged with felonious assault and obstructing official business.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Hi Gene

Back in 1996 I had a samurie sword in the back of my junky station wagon car but I broke the sword over a oak wood dresser it broke the sword handle in to and busted up the dresser . I was mad for some reason and I don't remember why I was 26 then know I am almost 47 I am much calmer know these days .

Jason Mooney

Hold the phone - this headline focuses on the sword and overlooks the crack cocaine? At least they got 'katana' right.

Man accused of driving with sword
    By Frank Juliano Updated 11:04 am, Wednesday, October 12, 2016

MILFORD — A man stopped by police Tuesday on School House Road allegedly had a sword behind the driver’s seat and heroin and crack cocaine on his person.
    Jason Mooney, 26, of Intervale Parkway was released on a promise to appear in Superior Court on Nov. 8 on charges of possession of a controlled substance and carrying a weapon in a motor vehicle.
    Officer Joseph Dempsey, the police spokesman, described the weapon as a “katana’’ style sword.
    Katana swords were used in feudal Japan. New katana swords have long, thin steel blades.
    Okay, hold the phone again - Does that last sentence impel that old katana swords had short, fat iron blades or what?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Princess Beatrice (and Ed Sheeran)

Royals need to be educated in proper sword etiquette.

SCARRED DAY'S KNIGHT Ed Sheeran talks for the first time about his scarred face after Princes Beatrice sliced it open with a sword trying to ‘knight’ James Blunt
    The singer could have lost his eye in the right royal gaff
    BY LAUREN FRANKLIN, SHOWBIZ REPORTER 1st December 2016, 7:45 am

ED Sheeran has spoken for the first time about the new scar on his face after it was revealed that Princess Beatrice had cut his face with a sword trying to “knight” James Blunt during a party prank.

The singer performed at East Anglia Children’s Hospices gala dinner at the National History Museum on Wednesday night, with the deep scar on his face still evident.

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
    As Ed Sheeran played a gig in London the scar from Princess Beatrice slicing him was very clear

Speaking at the gig , he said: “It’s nice to be back. I’ve had a whole year off. I went to Japan for about a month and hung out with Japanese people. Got my face cut open, anyone read about that?”

The cut was just below his right eye, and if the princess had lifted her sword any higher, there’s a chance that Ed could have ended up needing a glass one, or an eye patch.

Despite some neat stitching being performed, the scar looks like it could be remaining on poor Ed's face for quite a while.

Ed, 25, was rushed to hospital after Bea, 28, swung the ceremonial blade over her shoulder without realising he was behind her.

One source told The Sun On Sunday: “He could’ve been blinded.’’

PA:PRESS ASSOCIATION
    A source said the singer could have been blinded

The royal had grabbed a sword after soldier-turned-singer James Blunt, 42, joked that he would love to become a Sir.

But as she said “arise Sir James”, she is believed to have misjudged the weight of the blade and had no idea Ed Sheeran was standing right behind her.

Singer-songwriter Ed, at the party with girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, was taken to hospital for treatment to a gash under his eye.

Beatrice was said to be “inconsolable”.

WENN
    Princess Beatrice was devastated when she accidentally cut Ed while trying to "knight" James Blunt

Ed, whose hits include Bloodstream, later returned to the do at the Royal Lodge in Windsor, home to Bea’s dad Prince Andrew.

Andrew was away on business but Bea’s mum Sarah Ferguson, who has staged mock knighthood ceremonies in the past, was at the do earlier this month.

Pictures of Ed’s injury were posted online, leading fans to speculate over the cause.

Our source revealed: “Ed had been invited to dinner as a guest of Princess Beatrice.

“They all sat down and there were 20 or so guests, including Sarah Ferguson, James Blunt and his wife Sofia Wellesley.

“Prince Andrew was in Mexico on a trade mission.

“As the night wore on they started talking about honours and apparently James Blunt joked that he would love a knighthood.

Ed was spotted with this scar on his face before the truth about what had happened emerged

“Beatrice jokingly said she could arrange it and fetched a ceremonial sword.

“Everyone was having a great laugh and the joke was very much in keeping with the tone of the whole party.

“James played along with the prank and got down on one knee as he would if he were at Buckingham Palace being honoured by The Queen.

“Beatrice, who was in great form, held the sword above him and said ‘arise Sir James’, just like her nan would at the Palace.

“But she must have misjudged the weight or something and, instead of lightly tapping him on the shoulder, she swung it back, not knowing Ed was standing right behind her.

The blade cut into his face and it was just a few inches from his right eye.

“A couple of the guests said it could have been worse and he could have been blinded in the eye but Ed really played it down.

“Everyone was totally shocked and apparently Beatrice was very upset.

“But Ed was the perfect gentleman and told her it was just an accident.

“However it became apparent that the wound needed treatment so Ed was taken to hospital. He had to have stitches put in.”
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

SF samurai sword slashing - nice alliteration, yes?

Argument leads to samurai sword slashing in SF’s Outer Sunset
    Jenna Lyons | on December 28, 2016

A 31-year-old man is suspected of slashing a woman’s leg with a samurai sword during an argument in San Francisco’s Outer Sunset neighborhood, police said.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was arrested by police after the Monday morning incident at 32nd Avenue and Noriega Street.

Two groups were arguing around 2:30 a.m. when the assailant retrieved the sword from another suspect, according to San Francisco Police Department officials. As he unsheathed the katana, or sword, he cut the victim, a 24-year-old woman, in the leg, police said.

The victim was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. No further details were released.

Jenna Lyons is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: jlyons@sfchronicle.com Twitter: @JennaJourno
    That was handy when the perp's wingman had a katana at the ready...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Another SF Bay Area Samurai sword incident.

For the record, that's not one of ours.

Man arrested for using sword to threaten Richmond business
    By Bay City News
    Published: December 31, 2016, 6:32 am

Courtesy of Richmond PD

RICHMOND (BCN) — A man was taken into custody after using a 2-foot-long sword to threaten patrons of a Richmond business, police said Friday night.

The resident making the report also told police that the man was knocking things over inside the business located in the city’s Northern District.

While officers were responding, an employee of the business called and said that the man had destroyed things inside the business and fled on 23rd Street.

Police found the man, removed the sword and took him into custody.

No one was injured in this incident, police said.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Not a samurai sword this time...

...a machete. WTH SF Bay Area?!

SFPD: Man with machete stabs 1 in vicinity of Civic Center BART
    By Michael Bodley Updated 8:20 am, Saturday, January 7, 2017

Photo: Craig Hudson, The Chronicle
    A person was stabbed with a machete in the vicinity of the Civic Center BART Station on Friday night.

A machete-wielding man stabbed a person around the Civic Center BART Station on Friday night, according to the San Francisco Police Department.
    A call came in from around the BART station at 8:39 p.m reporting the stabbing, said Officer Giselle Talkoff, a spokeswoman for the department. It wasn’t immediately clear if the stabbing took place inside the station or outside, and BART police were also investigating, she said.
    BART officials did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Police were scouring the surrounding neighborhood for the assailant, possibly a man in his 40s, who fled, she said.
    An ambulance was called for the victim, Talkoff said, and no further details were immediately available, including a description of the victim or his or her condition.

Michael Bodley is a San Francisco Chronicle staff writer. Email: mbodley@sfchronicle.com. Twitter: @michael_bodley
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There's a lot today

Another stoner with a sword. Don't huff and sword, man.

Florida man arrested after swinging swords towards customers at Brooksville Walmart
    WFTS Webteam
    11:06 AM, Feb 23, 2017
    3 hours ago

PLEASANT, MATT

BROOKSVILLE, Fla. - A Brooksville man was arrested after police say he swung two swords at customers in the parking lot of a Hernando County Walmart.

Police responded to a weapons disturbance at the Walmart located at 7305 Broad Street. The store manager had called to report a person swinging swords towards customers in the parking lot.

When officers arrived, they found Shannon Lon Schenck with two swords on him, and he appeared to be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, the Brooksville Police Department reported.

In the investigation, police officers discovered Schenck was in a fighting stance and unsheathed the swords while approaching customers getting out of their cars.

Schenck had marijuana on him and a glass pipe with marijuana residue.

He has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana (less than 20 grams) and three counts of possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
    This one has a vid.
    Sword-wielding suspect on the loose after attacking 36-year-old man in the Bronx
    BY JOHN ANNESE
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 10:34 PM
    Cops are searching for a swashbuckling suspect in the Bronx.

A 36-year-old man was slashed by a sword swinging assailant after a fight that started at the corner of Merritt Ave. and Conner St. in Eastchester at about 2:30 p.m. on Monday, police said.

Surveillance video released by cops Wednesday shows the suspect unsheathe a curved blade and chase the victim.

The New York City Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying the individual wielding a sword after attacking a 36-year-old man in Eastchester. (NYPD)

At one point, the suspect actually jumped on a bicycle — sword in hand, police said.

The victim was not seriously hurt.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

A few more

And this one cost fingers
    Dubai man on trial for assaulting Pakistanis with sword
    By News Desk Published: February 24, 2017

A 20-year-old student is facing trial for assault and attempted murder in Dubai after he chopped off fingers of two Pakistanis in what appears to be a case of road rage.

The Dubai student assaulted the Pakistanis with a sword during a fight on a road on June 4, 2016, according to the prosecution record.

The incident left the Pakistani men with severe injuries and one of them lost a finger as he tried to protect himself, Khaleej Times reported.

“I was driving my car back from work at a hotel around 5:30 am and had two colleagues with me around. We were heading to Deira when a 4WD car suddenly swerved across our lane. When we stopped at a traffic light, the man in the front passenger seat of the other car threw a cigarette butt in our car,” said one of the victims, a 24-year-old Pakistani living in Dubai.

“Then that man stepped off and slapped me. His friend, who was in the back seat, attacked me with a sword. He aimed at my neck first and then at my chest. He chopped off my left thumb and injured my other fingers as I tried to cover myself with my hands.

“We fled the scene on foot and they chased us for some time. They later went back their car and sped off.”

The other victim further said that they tried to avoid the car several times, but the Emirati man kept swerving around.

“We avoided them at the first traffic light after that. But at the next traffic signal, they stepped off and one of them attacked me and my friend with a sword. He cut part of one of my fingers and injured the others as I tried to protect myself.”

Dubai police said they received information about the incident during the day and in the meanwhile, the suspect had requested an ambulance for himself.

Pakistani man briefly held over Berlin attack hails from Balochistan

He left the station without divulging further information, after which a police officer ordered guards on him.

The attacker kept changing his statements and at first claimed that the victims had assaulted him with knives.

“When I asked him about his injury, he said he did not remember, claiming he was then under the influence of alcohol at the time,” the police officer said.

The court will pass a verdict on March 13.
    And this one is close to home...or work rather.
    Police arrest man with sword after Gilman assaults
    By Emilie Raguso
    Feb. 22, 2017, 2:51 p.m.

Police recovered this sword during an arrest in Berkeley last week. Photo: BPD

Police arrested a 48-year-old man near a homeless encampment on Gilman Street in West Berkeley last week after he was reportedly “slashing tents with a sword” and brandishing the weapon at people inside the tents, authorities report.

The arrested man was identified as Manuel Ayala, who has no listed permanent home address, BPD said. Police confiscated a 3-foot sword during the arrest.

Police were called to Gilman Street west of the railroad tracks Thursday at about 3:10 p.m.

“As officers were en route, the suspect fled the scene. Additional witnesses reported that the suspect was still carrying the sword and slashing at objects as he walked eastbound on Gilman Street,” police said in a statement released using the Nixle alert system.

Officers confronted Ayala on Gilman, between Fifth and Sixth streets, where they found him threatening another person with the sword, BPD said.

“He had the sword in a raised position and was near the intended victim,” according to police.

Officers used a “less than lethal” launcher to fire multiple plastic rounds at Ayala, causing him to “stop his advance on the potential victim and drop the sword.”

Police took Ayala into custody and later found that he had hit a woman, back at the tents, with the sword, BPD said. The woman declined medical aid. Ayala was arrested on suspicion of two counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

Police said a man with a sword slashed tents during an assault last week. Photo: BPD

Police said the man Ayala was threatening when officers found him was an associate of the woman.

Ayala remains in custody at Santa Rita Jail in Dublin, according to online records from the Alameda County sheriff’s office.

He has been charged with two misdemeanors: assault with a deadly weapon and vandalism causing less than $400 in damage. His next court date was not listed.

Ayala is being held on $10,000 bail
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Still more

Sword-wielding suspect arrested after man, woman attacked in Garden Grove
    POSTED BY DEBBIE L. SKLAR ON FEBRUARY 20, 2017 IN OC

A man and a woman were stabbed by a sword-wielding suspect who was later arrested in connection with the attack at a Garden Grove residence, authorities said Monday.

It was reported at 6:08 p.m. Sunday at a residence in the 9700 block of Acacia Avenue, said Garden Grove Police Lt. William Allison.

“The investigation revealed a domestic dispute occurred,” Allison said.

The man, 21, arrived during the dispute and was attacked by the assailant in front of the residence, the lieutenant said. They were separated by the suspect’s family members.

The wounded man was hospitalized with stable vital signs, Allison said. The female, who suffered a leg wound while separating the men, was hospitalized for observation.

Police found suspect Tam Huynh inside the residence and took him into custody without further incident, the lieutenant said.

—City News Service
    Court paper: Sword used in slayings of Lancaster brothers
    By Myles Snyder
    Published: February 20, 2017, 3:31 pm Updated: February 20, 2017, 5:22 pm

LANCASTER, Pa. (WHTM) – An 18-year-old charged in the stabbing deaths of two brothers in their Lancaster home told police that one of the victims was killed with a large sword.

Joshua Michael Proper admitted to investigators that he and 19-year-old Juan Cristo-Munoz Jr. entered the home in the 600 block of Poplar Street early Sunday to steal money from the residents. He said they got into the home through a first-floor window and encountered 61-year-old Leroy Kinsey in the living room before stabbing him in the chest, shoulder and neck, the criminal complaint states.

Joshua Michael Proper, left, and Juan Cristo-Munoz Jr. (submitted)

Proper told police he and Cristo-Munoz then went to the second floor and came upon 62-year-old Richard Walton in a front bedroom. He said Cristo-Munoz used the sword to strike Walton’s lower body and legs.

Authorities said a caretaker who lived in the home escaped and called 911 after hearing suspicious noises.

Responding officers found the suspects hiding in the basement. They said the two had blood all over their clothing, while Munoz had a knife in his sweatshirt pocket and Proper had Kinsey’s wallet.

The two are charged with criminal homicide, conspiracy, burglary and robbery. A preliminary hearing is tentatively scheduled for March 3.
    Man, what is up today with all the sword issues?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sorry this one is so late...

I'm sure you've heard about the latest terrorist act in NYC.

Police: White sword killer went to New York to attack black people

James Harris Jackson is escorted out of a police precinct in New York on March 22, 2017. Police said Jackson, accused of fatally stabbing a black man in New York City, told investigators he traveled from Baltimore specifically to attack black people. (Seth Wenig / AP)

Colleen Long, Jennifer Peltz
    Associated Press

A white U.S. Army veteran from Baltimore bent on making a racist attack took a bus to New York, the "media capital of the world," randomly picked out a black man who was collecting bottles on the street and killed him with a sword, police said Wednesday.

James Harris Jackson turned himself in at a Times Square police station early Wednesday, about 25 hours after Timothy Caughman staggered into a police precinct bleeding to death.

"I'm the person that you're looking for," Jackson told police, according to Assistant Chief William Aubrey.

Jackson, who was arrested on suspicion of murder, told police he'd harbored feelings of hatred toward black men for at least 10 years, authorities said. He traveled to New York on March 17 and had been staying in a Manhattan hotel.

"The reason he picked New York is because it's the media capital of the world and he wanted to make a statement," Aubrey said.

Jackson was wandering the streets in a long overcoat concealing a 26-inch sword when he encountered Caughman, who was collecting bottles from trash cans, police said. Jackson stabbed him repeatedly in his chest and back, they said.

Caughman, who was 66 years old and lived nearby in a transitional house, was taken to a hospital by police shortly after he arrived to the station house. He died at the hospital. According to his Twitter page, he was an autograph collector and a music and movie lover who tweeted about John Lennon, Chuck Berry and the best St. Patrick's Day writing. He said he'd like to visit California someday.

After the attack, Jackson, who's 28, went to the bathroom of a nearby restaurant and washed off the blood from the killing, authorities said.

Investigators said they believed Jackson was considering other attacks but surrendered after noticing his photo in media reports. He had two knives and told investigators where they could find the sword, police said. The sword was retrieved from a trash can not far from the scene.

Video surveillance captured Jackson in the days leading up to the attack, and investigators said he had walked purposefully toward a black man but didn't attack him.

Jackson was expected to appear in court later Wednesday. It was unclear when he might get a lawyer who could comment on his case. He said nothing to reporters as he was led from a police station. A call to his family's home phone rang unanswered.

A former neighbor who tangled with Jackson over an apartment in Baltimore recalled him as "a piece of work" who fell months behind on rent.

"He's just one of those people that you wish you never met," said Marcus Dagan, who had been informally managing the building on behalf of its then-owner and took Jackson to court over the rent.

Dagan said Jackson moved out in 2015 without paying.

When Jackson moved in in 2014, he indicated he was a military veteran and was in college, studying toward becoming a lawyer, Dagan said. Jackson left behind a collection of war movies in the apartment, the former neighbor said.

Jackson was in the Army from March 2009 to August 2012 and worked as a military intelligence analyst, the Army said. Deployed in Afghanistan from December 2010 to November 2011, he earned several medals and attained the rank of specialist.

The circumstances of his discharge are unclear; the Army cites privacy laws that prevent releasing such details.

Bias attacks have more than doubled this year in New York, and there have been nine bias crimes against black people reported, up from five in the same time period last year.

Mayor Bill de Blasio said the sword killing was "an assault" on the city's inclusiveness and diversity. He called it "an unspeakable human tragedy" and urged city residents to "speak clearly and forcefully in the face of intolerance and violence."

Associated Press writer Kasey Jones in Baltimore contributed to this report.
    Then again, it was a white terrorist, not ISIS, so maybe you didn't hear.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'm sure you've heard about the latest terrorist act in NYC.

Then again, it was a white terrorist, not ISIS, so maybe you didn't hear.
    When I saw the story on the news, they showed a photo of the 'sword' that was supposedly used in the killing, and it looked like a Cold Steel Gladius machete.

malicious wounding

Nothing good comes from Piggly Wiggly beer and chicken.

Woman charged after police say she stabbed husband with sword

[IMG]http://media.graytvinc.com/images/810*456/ALICIA+HUDSON+WEB.jpg[/IMG]

By WSAZ News Staff | Posted: Tue 11:39 AM, Apr 11, 2017 | Updated: Tue 11:41 AM, Apr 11, 2017

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A woman is facing charges after police say she stabbed her husband with a sword.

Alicia Hudson, 36, is charged with malicious wounding.

According to a criminal complaint, Hudson started arguing with her husband after they went to Piggly Wiggly on Monday to get some beer and chicken.

Police say the two went back to Alicia's grandfather's apartment, on MacCorkle Avenue SE, where they began drinking and arguing.

While they were arguing, Alicia told her husband to leave. When he didn't, she retrieved a sword out of her grandfather's closet, according to the complaint.

Police say she stabbed her husband in the chest and then she called 911. The husband received injuries to his hands and legs and a severe laceration to his chest.

Hudson is being held in South Central Regional Jail.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

But what type of sword was it?

It takes a special premeditation to don a vest and unsheathe a sword...

Man with sword, bulletproof vest, fights police
    Posted: Apr 12, 2017 4:30 PM PDT
    Updated: Apr 12, 2017 4:30 PM PDT
    By Brian Wilson

WILLIAMSON CO. -- An unusual traffic stop landed a Murphysboro man behind bars.

On April 12 at about 1:30 p.m, a Carterville Police officer stopped to help a driver on Eagle Pass Drive.

The driver, James Monk, 42, was found to be wearing a ballistic vest and be in possession of a sword.

Officers from Crainville and John A. Logan College also responded, and Monk had a brief altercation with them.

Monk was arrested and charged with unlawful use of weapons, aggravated assault and unlawful use of body armor.

He was taken to the Williamson County Jail.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

swords & nunchuks

I was going to post this on 'Bad Day for Wannabe Bruce Lees' but we already got one there for today.

COURT REPORTS: Officer reports man brought swords, nunchucks following argument in the park
    By SUZANNE ROOK srook@wasecacountynews.com Apr 26, 2017 Updated Apr 27, 2017

Suzy Rook
    (Metro Creative Images)

Bolas

Anderson

Watch video of the alleged events by clicking here.

An afternoon at a city park looked like something out of a Quentin Tarantino movie when a Waseca man allegedly brought two swords and a pair of nunchucks to an argument with a group of skaters.

Waseca police were called to the skatepark in southeast Waseca shortly before 6 p.m. April 22 for a disturbance. According to a criminal complaint filed in Waseca County, the officer saw Jason Jay Bolas, 42, holding “several swords” in one hand and walking toward a group of people, pointing the swords at them. Bolas also had unleashed a pit bull.

Bolas reportedly dropped the swords — one three feet long, the other 18-24 inches — when commanded to do so by the officer. Another person put the dog back on its leash.

Witnesses, about nine people between 11 and 20, told officers that Bolas reportedly inserted himself into an argument between two of the skaters. The argument escalated when Bolas reportedly commented about the weight of one of the individuals. Bolas then left the park, returning shortly after with a sword in each hand and a pair of nunchucks around his neck.

After Bolas was arrested, officers reported finding about 10.3 grams of marijuana on him.

Bolas was charged with two felonies: second-degree assault with a deadly weapon and threatening violence. He was also charged with disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia.

Bolas appears next in court on May 11.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips