Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes

RIP Karina Castro

This thread might not be the most appropriate for this horrible crime.

10 SEPTEMBER 2022
    /
    SF NEWS
    /
    JAY BARMANN

Victim In Domestic Violence Beheading In San Carlos Identified, Friends and Family Say She Feared for Her Life
    A tragic incident that was the gruesome culmination of an abusive relationship turns more tragic and unfortunate with each new detail that comes out. And we now know the identity of the young mother who was killed by her estranged, violent boyfriend and father of one of her children.

While the coroner hasn't made her identity official, the father of the victim and her friends have spoken to the media in the last 24 hours and revealed that the woman killed in San Carlos Thursday morning was 27-year-old Karina Castro. (Her age was initially reported as 25.) Castro reportedly went on Instagram Live Thursday morning, hours before she would be brutally slain, saying that she feared for her life.

As friend Maricela Macedo tells the Chronicle, "She was talking about her baby daddy. She said that he had put a target on her." Macedo said she tried to record the live posting, but it ended before she could.

Castro would end up beheaded Thursday morning just before noon, allegedly by a sword, and at the hand of that ex-boyfriend and baby daddy of her one-year-old daughter. Investigators had not recovered the weapon as of Friday.

That baby daddy was identified Friday by San Mateo County authorities as 33-year-old Jose Rafael Landaeta-Solano. San Mateo County sheriff's deputies say that Landaeta-Solano returned to the scene of the crime after they arrived, and witnesses said he was screaming and vomited as he was taken away in handcuffs. Deputies said he suffered a "medical emergency" at that time. He was expected to appear in court in Redwood City as early as Friday, but it's unclear if that happened.

Castro's father, Martin Castro Jr., spoke to KTVU on Friday and described the relationship between his daughter and Landaeta-Solano as "rocky, questionable" and he added, "there was a lot of unstable behavior mainly from him."

Castro also spoke to ABC 7, and said, "Every time I saw her, I would beg her. Don't talk to him. Leave him and it seemed like the more I did that, the more she would see him."

"I feel like this is a horror movie I need to wake up from," he said, this time to NBC Bay Area.

Neighbors tell the Chronicle that the couple appeared happy when they moved into the home together on Laurel Street in San Carlos two years ago. Castro was expecting her second child, and Landaeta-Solano, and she also had an older daughter, now 7, who had a different father.

But neighbors also say that they heard screaming from the couple's apartment on multiple occasions, and Landaeta-Solano was charged in an October 31 incident with misdemeanor battery and disturbing the peace. He pleaded no contest to the charges in April and received one year probation, and around that time, Castro reportedly took out a restraining order against him.

The San Mateo Sheriff's Office said they had had previous contacts with Landaeta-Solano, and the Chronicle reports he served three years probation in a 2012 case in which he was accused of rape of an unconscious person.

Another detail has emerged that points to motive — this from Snapchat messages between the victim and suspect in the days or hours before the killing. ABC 7 obtained those messages, and they allegedly included threats by Castro to expose the fact that Landaeta-Solano had had a sexual relationship with another man. Landaeta-Solano calls her a "snitch lip" and Castro allegedly says, "U wanna put a target on my back, ur homies gunna kno the real u."

Landaeta-Solano reportedly said, "**** around and find out."

KTVU said that Castro's father was seen sobbing at the scene of the crime on Friday, and he told the station, ""I’d give my life for her in a second. I should have been here. And all I keep telling myself is — I failed. That’s how I feel. And I don’t want anyone else to feel this way."

Martin Castro Jr. also added, "If anyone you know has a relationship that’s questionable with a violent co-partner — get away, get away. I never thought that he would do this."

A GoFundMe campaign for funeral expenses and for the victim's children was set up by the victim's grandmother and has raised $33,000, over and above the $25,000 goal.

"I just want to thank everyone who’s donated to help my daughters kids, my beautiful grandchildren who have lost their mother to a senseless useless person," Geneva Castro writes. "Thank you all, this money will help them and help us give my daughter a funeral to remember I’m devastated broken empty and more hurt than I ever thought I could be by the situation but thank you all for helping us and the worst time of our lives."

Previously: 33-Year-Old Hayward Man Identified as Suspect In Insane Beheading-By-Sword In San Carlos

Photos via GoFundMe
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

RIP Grace Jennings

Sword was apparent weapon in SF slaying

BY OLIVIER UYTTEBROUCK / JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
    PUBLISHED: MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST, 2022 AT 5:44PM
    UPDATED: MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST, 2022 AT 9:39PM

Isaac Apodaca (Santa Fe Police Department)

A sword, a dead body and a secret society called “Ghost.”

These were all pieces of a puzzle Santa Fe police sorted out in the weekend stabbing death of 19-year-old Grace Jennings, whose body was found Saturday in a garage apartment.

Santa Fe police on Saturday arrested Isaac Apodaca, 25, and his girlfriend, Kiara McCulley, 19, each on an open count of murder in Jennings’ death, according to criminal complaints filed in Santa Fe County Magistrate Court. It was unclear Monday whether Apodaca or McCulley have attorneys.

Police found Jennings’ body and a blood-covered sword Saturday in a detached garage in the 5900 block of Jaguar Drive in Santa Fe.

Jennings’ body appeared to have “several puncture wounds consistent with being stabbed by a sword,” the complaint said. Jennings’ neck “appeared to have injuries consistent with attempts to decapitate.”

Police said they found text messages on Apodaca’s cellphone in which he urged McCulley to kill Jennings and promised her rewards for doing so, according to the complaint.

“Remember, you’ll move up in the ranks,” Apodaca allegedly texted McCulley. “Plus you get perks in the black market since this is your first.”

Kiara McCulley (Santa Fe Police Department)

McCulley later told investigators that Apodaca leads a secret organization called “Ghost,” which she described as a group that “gets rid of people who are in charge of sex trafficking or hurting kids,” police wrote in the complaint.

Apodaca told McCulley that by killing Jennings, McCulley “could get ranked up in her platoon,” she told police.

Apodaca allegedly told McCulley in a text message: “I am wanting you to kill her, you have to end your suffering by ending her joy,” the complaint said. When an investigator asked Apodaca what he meant by the text, Apodaca said, “I do mean what it says in that text,” and explained he had wanted McCulley to kill Jennings.

Apodaca and McCulley lived together in the garage apartment on Jaguar Drive owned by McCulley’s mother, police said.

McCulley told police that she became upset after Apodaca invited Jennings – a former girlfriend – to spend the night in the apartment. Jennings, Apodaca and McCulley all slept together in the same bed on Friday night, the complaint said.

When questioned, McCulley told police that she could not remember what had happened on Saturday, possibly because she has undiagnosed multiple personality disorder, the complaint said.

McCulley told officers “she was partially hopeful Ms. Jennings was dead but could not remember what happened to her,” the complaint said. McCulley allegedly told officers that she was angry with Jennings as a result of a past incident and had previously fantasized about killing Jennings, it said.
    Failed decapitation? So messed up...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Cult

1 person killed, 2 injured amid altercation with sword in Vallejo
    By Greg Liggins Published November 13, 2022 8:41

Neighbors in Vallejo say a men they know was allegedly stabbed with a sword over a housing dispute. One person was allegedly shot to death during the same incident.

Vallejo Police are investigating a death on a commercial property where police say transients lived.

One witness said the victim was impaled with a sword.

The property owner, who also lived at the site, was injured in the Sunday morning altercation.

At about 7:30 a.m., the 600 block of 3rd Street in Vallejo was filled with first responders.

"It was like six police cars, it was four ambulances, it was three fire trucks. Everywhere from here to over there blocking the street," Alix Santana said.

Police were responding to a report of a stabbing.

Patrick McMillan told KTVU he lives on the property in a motor home and said his 80-year-old friend and property owner came to him covered in blood.

"I heard banging on the door and went and it was Kurt and he said ‘I’m dying.’ I saw him with a sword sticking through his back and it came out his chest about here and a flap of his face cut off. Blood," McMillan said.

Police said two people were injured in the altercation and one woman was killed, but they gave no details about who exactly was injured and how.

A witness saw multiple people being put into ambulances.

"They were taken on stretchers. I saw one lady because she was the closest. She had her hands on her chest or something. I’m not too sure," said Santana.

McMillan said the altercation stemmed from a dispute between the property owner and people living on the site without permission. He said the owner was trying to get them off the property and was getting close to his goal.

"Finally gone to the court a couple of weeks ago and they were going to evict them," McMillan said. "The sheriff was going to be out Tuesday morning to evict them, so apparently, they found out and at 2:30 this morning they were throwing rocks and stuff and trying to bang his door down,"

McMillan said he called the police to report what was happening and was told they were sending officers.

"They never showed," said McMillan.

Police ultimately responded when McMillan said he made a second call after his friend was stabbed.

Police have not confirmed to KTVU who lived on the property or who was injured in the altercation.

Neighbors say about four or so people staying on the site were often referred to as ‘The Cult.’

"What we have is a certain number of people who seem, how can I put this, seem a little bit off," Clinton Davidson, a neighbor said.

Residents say those people often walked around nude and talked to themselves.

Those same residents describe the property owner as a man with a heart of gold.

They said he went out of his way to help people and take care of the neighborhood.

"Right across the street from my house there’s like a hillside and he basically would come up and cut all of the grass, pick up all of the rubbish, you know. Anything," said Dominique Swain, a resident.

McMillan said his friend who was stabbed with the sword has been through surgery and is alert. He said he’s been getting his information from the police.

There are currently no suspects in custody in the case, according to Vallejo Police.
    I think this is the Vallejo just north of Fremont where KFM HQ is...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Sie’errah Witcher

Woman attacked a man with a sword, faces aggravated battery charges and making a false statement

A woman used a sword to attack a man after an argument, and she is charged with battery.
    By WCJB Staff
    Published: Dec. 4, 2022 at 4:05 PM PST

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) - A woman is facing charges of aggravated battery after slicing a man with a sword on Friday night.

Gainesville Police officers say Sie’errah Witcher, 22, got into an argument with the man she had been in a relationship with for months.

During the fight, Witcher started yelling rape, then she pulled out a 30-inch blade and swung it at him, giving him an 8-inch gash on his hand.

She later said the incident was her fault because she shouldn’t have accused him of rape when it never happened.

Witcher is charged with aggravated battery and making a false statement.
    Anyone else find it ironic that her name is Witcher?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Darroll Tervit

EXCLUSIVE
    NewsScottish News
    'MAIMED FOR LIFE' Man left covered in blood & fingers hanging off after attackers tried to sever his hand with sword

Gordon Tait
    Published: 21:46, 2 Jan 2023Updated: 21:46, 2 Jan 2023

ATTACKERS almost cut off a man’s fingers as they tried to chop his hand off with a sword.

It is believed one man held down Darroll Tervit, 30, while the other began hacking at his arm and wrist after he was ambushed in a dark lane near his home.

Darroll Tervit was left with his fingers hanging off after the attack

His attackers hacked at his hand with a swordCredit: Getty

He managed to flee his attackers in Castlemilk, Glasgow, but was left covered in blood and with his fingers hanging off.

A source said: “He has been maimed for life.

“The attackers were trying to chop off his whole hand but only succeeded in seriously damaging his digits.

“It’s gone round that he had a finger nearly lopped off completely — it’s savage stuff.”

A local said: “There was blood all over the place and running down the footpath.”

Cops said the victim was treated at the city’s Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.

Det Con Glenn Clark said: “Enquiries are ongoing.

“I urge anyone who may have seen or heard any disturbance in the area to get in touch.”
    Harsh way to start off 2023...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips