Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes

Thumbs down

college kids are as poor as church mice.

some laptop, gameboy, x-box, PS2, --whatever.

stinky socks, worn shirts, worn sneakers, loaned textbooks,

--

what to rob or take?

is it worth taking a life over these junks?

--

I thought that it was over diamonds or golds or antique or collectible items.

ya ya, they will be insured.

nothing valueable in a college off campus house.

I lived in one before. I have some handwritten notes about mantis, but, I may rewrite them anyway.

having a weapon grade sword in your garage, someone will be hurt if not yourself.

ar mi ta ba.

--

there is something rich people cant understand about the poor people
    you shouldnt judge someone because they robbed people. everybody needs money everyone needs to live.
    Last edited by bawang; 09-15-2009 at 06:32 PM.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    what if the guy actually cornered the guy, called the cops and then killed him?

does that make him weird for killing over something as paltry as material goods?
    Well, you risk running into somebody armed who's not too happy to see you when you break into people's houses. I'm not going to feel sorry for a guy that gets messed up trying to rob others.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    you shouldnt judge someone because they robbed people. everybody needs money everyone needs to live.
    Been poor before, and knew plenty of poor people. Most didn't break into people's houses.

Who said either one of these guys was rich or poor? Being poor makes life difficult, not criminal.

There are lots of assumptions about who deserved what and why in this tragic event, a man lost his life quite horribly and another has to live with taking it. I'm sure he won't be having many ez night's sleep after this.

I'd think twice before celebrating or talking trash about the death of someone you don't know.

When a person breaks into an occupied structure he commits a far more serious offense. He is likely prepared to injure or possibly kill the inhabitants, or that would be the perception. However, the police are going to ask questions, and the answers can make the difference between him being charged or not. If the individual was not armed, he might be facing serious charges later. Nothing will happen until everything is presented to a grand jury. The question will be, did he have to kill the man. The authorities can not make that call. A grand jury will do that.

Jury Acquits in Midway [Sword] murder trial

This one's a bit old, but it happened in Ottawa. The verdict was this summer.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_p...35563&sponsor=

OTTAWA-Amid tight security in a tense, emotion-packed Ottawa courtroom Wednesday, a jury delivered a stunning victory to the six men accused in the “Midway” murder trial.

A jubilant Wahab Dadshani, who defended himself throughout the trial on charges of first-degree murder, shouted at the departing jury: “God bless you all. Thank you very much.”

Dadshani was found guilty of the significantly lesser charge of manslaughter — the only defendant found guilty.
    Dadshani’s elder brother Tawab, 33, Mohamed Abed, 25, Tarik Echrif, 28, Shaun Hulbert, 25, and Fahim Payman, 30, were cleared of all charges.
    Wahab Dadshani admitted beating and slashing Chaar with a sword but denied intending to kill him. He was kept in custody and will be sentenced later.
    “I’m utterly shocked,” said lead prosecutor Robert Wadden, “that they could come to this verdict with the evidence they had in front of them. They arrived (at Midway) with carloads of weapons and chased the man.”

Wadden had characterized the Midway incident as a clash of rival drug dealers and their associates.
    Chaar, 26, was kicked, beaten and fatally wounded by the sword-wielding Wahab Dadshani at the end of a corridor inside the family fun centre, across from the Museum of Science and Technology.

He bled to death after suffering more than a dozen cuts, including a severed artery in his wrist and a 10-centimetre gash to his abdomen that caused his intestines to spill out. The middle, ring and pinky fingers of his right hand were also severed.

Dadshani, an admitted drug dealer, testified that he was lured to Midway by Chaar, who intended to kill him. He denied intending to kill Chaar.

“Mr. Chaar died from my actions, but I did not murder him,” Dadshani testified.

He also claimed throughout the trial that his five co-accused were innocent victims of wrongful prosecution and simply tried to defend him against the unexpected attack by Chaar and his armed associate Michael Estephan.
    Estephan fired a shower of bullets towards the Dadshani group, wounding Abed in the foot as he approached the Midway entrance.

Hulbert and Abed ran for cover in the parking lot and Payman remained in his Mercedes but the Dadshani brothers trailed by Echrif, carrying a sword, pursued Chaar into Midway.

(The gunman Estephan, the only witness in a position to potentially counter the Dadshani group’s version of events, was subsequently released on bail. He apparently fled Canada the day after his release).

When police arrived minutes after the attack, the 315-pound Chaar was bleeding to death next to a row of brightly coloured children’s arcade games but refused to tell an officer who had attacked him.

Ottawa police Sgt. Raymond Sabourin told the court during testimony that he tried to coax the 26-year-old into naming his attackers.

“He just shook his head from side to side. He wouldn’t say anything,” Sabourin said, describing how he spoke to Chaar as paramedics worked to save his life near a rear exit. “He was making comments that he was going to die.”

Dadshani, who defended himself after dismissing his lawyer early in the trial, admitted to assistant Crown prosecutor Robert Wadden that he trafficked in marijuana but claimed that Chaar was a feared local gang leader who dealt hard drugs such as crack cocaine, ecstasy and crystal meth.

“The incident at Midway was a fight between drug dealers. Correct?” asked Wadden.

“Well, if I was dealing drugs and he was, then you could say that,” replied Dadshani. “But I don’t characterize it that way… I wasn’t selling crack cocaine out of a children’s amusement centre or extorting money out of people.”

Much of the incident was caught by surveillance cameras outside and inside the Midway and that footage was a major part of the evidence for both prosecution and defence, who often had radically differing interpretations of what the images revealed.
    Echrif testified that he owned the “replica” sword because he was a collector and Wahab Dadshani testified that after the gunfire, he was in such a state of disorientation that when he grabbed the “replica” from Echrif said he didn’t know what it was he was grabbing.

Dadshani said he believed at the time that swinging what he called a dull “replica” sword at Chaar was the only way he could save his own life.
    “It was a potential massacre,” testified Dadshani. “He was trying to kill me. Mr. Chaar wanted me to go back outside and die. He said, ‘Go back outside and die.’ It was his turf and he unleashed hell on me. I lost it. I didn’t know where I was. All I could see was Mr. Chaar.”

“You remained focused on him until you had killed him,’ said Wadden. “Until he was stabbed, slashed and beaten and left for dead.”

“It’s not fair to say I left him for dead,” Dadshani responded.

"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Hammer View Post
    Who said either one of these guys was rich or poor? Being poor makes life difficult, not criminal.

There are lots of assumptions about who deserved what and why in this tragic event, a man lost his life quite horribly and another has to live with taking it. I'm sure he won't be having many ez night's sleep after this.

I'd think twice before celebrating or talking trash about the death of someone you don't know.
    how did i talk trash? i said dont judge the robber. he had his hands cut off and disemboweled, i think ppl should not say he deserved it.

how did i talk trash? i said dont judge the robber. he had his hands cut off and disemboweled, i think ppl should not say he deserved it.
    I was not referring to you in that regard, it was in response to what others had said, only my first two sentences were in response to your post...sorry about that. I should have spliced the other comments in there too.

I was not referring to you in that regard, it was in response to what others had said, only my first two sentences were in response to your post...sorry about that. I should have spliced the other comments in there too.
    its ok no problems

i just thought it was funny people talk about chan and dao and qi on this internets forum but have no compassion for real people
    dying from sword is a very very painful and long way to die

Agreed, my friend, that is the double edged sword of the internet. It allows for free and open exchange of dialogue coupled with disdain and pettiness all covered by the security of anonymity. Some people say things online that they would never say in public or in front of their mothers.

Agreed, my friend, that is the double edged sword of the internet. It allows for free and open exchange of dialogue coupled with disdain and pettiness all covered by the security of anonymity. Some people say things online that they would never say in public or in front of their mothers.
    the best part is people get all worked up about what people say on here too... almost as if they take it personally...

i am with dale here... break into my house and i am gonna hurt ya. period. i have young children in the house... i need no other explanation when the cops arrive to remove the lifeless body from the premesis. in pennsylvania, we still have the freedom to kill home intruders - it is justified according to the law books as of now(not that it would make a difference to anyone i know)

i just thought it was funny people talk about chan and dao and qi on this internets forum but have no compassion for real people
    he who cares for no one in particular, cares for the whole world in general...
    dying from sword is a very very painful and long way to die
    then maybe people should think twice about breaking and entering someone elses house. as for myself, i might have simply gave him a warning stab and let the guy pull the sword out of his own body... oh and blocking sword attacks with your hands and arms is stupid.

Again,

anyone who breaks into any house should be dealt the harshest of all punishments.

seems some people think it's okay to rob people.

It is not acceptable behavior.

I have a cute little wife who does not need to have to fear if she is going to be raped, murdered or what have you if someone breaks into the house. If there were kids involved, it would be even more of a moot point for the criminal.

In this day and age where we have programs to help people who have the need to eat, or get treated with medical care, seems there are people who want what others have and rather step up and take the steps needed to help themselves that way, would rather stoop to taking what is not theirs in the first place.

You do not want to receive such treatment, then do not break into houses or commit crime.

sorry that some here feel the need to emote on the side of criminals. I hope they never have to deal with someone who has invaded their home.
    Last edited by Boston Bagua; 09-16-2009 at 02:32 AM.
    Be well, train hard

Dale Dugas
    Shizi, Jiulong Baguazhang Instructor
    Master Level Dit Da Jow Manufacturer
    New England School of Acupuncture Master's Program

Boston Baguazhang

Combat Iron Palm Iron Vest Training

Boston Baguazhang on Youtube
    IKFF Forum

CDIA Supplies
    PO Box 35
    Quincy, MA
    02171-0001

617-595-8097

info@bostonbaguazhang.com

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Bagua View Post
    sorry that some here feel the need to emote on the side of criminals.
    its the new politically correct mindest... peace, love, happiness... ahhhhh... life is wonderful - the police and laws will protect us all.
    I hope they never have to deal with someone who has invaded their home.
    i'd hate to be the criminal that invades mine.

and just on the side note... LOL... i can't help but wonder if your door is always open, might that invite perps to your house dale??