Thread: Curious about these swords

Curious about these swords

I was just wondering if anybody had any direct experience with Huanuo's daos. I'm thinking about purchasing one a little down the road, as the reviews (including independent test cutting) have generally been positive, but most of the info I can find on them is somewhat old and I know the quality (and especially quality control) of some forges tend to fluctuate over time.

Here's the site of the US distributor:
    http://www.sevenstarstrading.com/huanuo

They're a bit pricey, but I'm not looking to buy right away, so I've got some saving time.

Edit: just to clarify, I'm looking at the carbon steel ones, not the sanmai. I'm not quite that crazy.
    Last edited by Reverend Tap; 01-13-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: clarification

personally ive never held one. but,, dang, they sure are pretty eh? PLUS they have a babe holding a sword right there at the top of the web site. nothing says chick magnet like that!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Gotta challenge that Lucas. My wife tolerates my sword obsession (and collection) as being a healthier hobby than, say, gambling but waving around a sword isn't generally magnetic to babes in my experience.

Then again, maybe there are lots of Red Sonja wannabes in your neck of the woods.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

alright, alright i relent. its pretty well known martial artists are just athletic geeks who can break things.

now....where were all those red sonja wannabe's...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ROTFL!

A word of advise, if you FIND anybody who acts like Red Sonja, do what Arnie didn't do, check "her" for an Adam's Apple.

And you are so right about martial artists as athletically capable geeks with a propensity for smashing stuff.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

if 'she' has an adams apple, she better be **** good with a blade!

The Seven Stars stuff is very nice if you have the scrilla

We sooooo have a thread for sword hotties. Shoot, some one needs to update that with some fresh pic-link post fu.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shameless bump to look at something else on the forums page.