Thread: Not A Bad Demo Vid

Not A Bad Demo Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fxn...eature=channel

I like Master Wong's intro into his system.

Just would like to know other opinions on why he just makes it look simple against kicks or is it just because its a demo and he knows they are coming. Personally i have never been good at reading kicks and have had my fair share of kicks that hit me and i did not even see them coming.

Do you think he is just a natural or can even average Joe make the grade ?

Steve

the video-videos are fun-ny

You can always learn something by watching other folk's videos provided you have good eyes. But there is a danger in naive watching of videos in this video crazy generation. In that video the kicker is not really using a non telegraphed kick. As a matter of fact he is signaled where to kick.

joy chaudhuri

He knows the moment at which those slow-motion kicks are coming from an angle that is known to him and to a part of his body that is also known. Anything is possible under such circumstances. He could be smoking a joint, play with a yo-yo, or whatever with one hand while offering his arm as a target to the guy who is pretending to do a kick.

What is the point of that video? What useful and realistic info is he conveying? He mentions judging of timing and distance, but demo's under unrealistic circumstances. He responds standing around using blocks rather than with attacks. He responds with blocks that only work with slow-motion kicks (try the same with a Muay Thai practitioner). He talks about not standing around like a dummy, yet does mostly exactly that. What's up with those cult-like hypnotic close-ups and analogies? 23-rd century? And the list goes on...

who is this guy? what is his bio? lineage? just curious cuz i see his videos all over youtube.

btw, "funt kick to you goin"!

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist View Post
    What is the point of that video? What useful and realistic info is he conveying? ...
    In a word 'Marketing", not that there's anything wrong with that.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Do you think he is just a natural or can even average Joe make the grade ?
    I would say if you've been training for some time and you still can't block kicks like that, you should just give up. Martial arts is not for you.

If you want to see someone with great reflexes and hand-eye coordination, check out some of Sugar Ray Leonard's fights. In comparison, this guy doesn't even register anywhere close. But then again, hes not exactly being tested either.

As for the technique itself, its basic and the concept is shared in countless systems.
    Last edited by AdrianK; 02-08-2009 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    I would say if you've been training for some time and you still can't block kicks like that, you should just give up. Martial arts is not for you.
    Oh well i better give up

After watching some K1 bouts i did realise even the boxing pros have trouble dealing with the kicks..........so maybe i'll hang around for just a little longer, just have to stay away from kickers !

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianK View Post
    I would say if you've been training for some time and you still can't block kicks like that, you should just give up...
    By 'like that' you mean slow, pulled, telegraphed kicks to pre-decided targets? Yeah, I agree...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan