Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Street Sign

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeah, I get those e-mails too, but they are from Nigerian bankers wanting to learn dim-mak numchucks in private lessons. They will pay me 2 million in gold boullion,(wtf would I do with 24 karat soup?) if I give them my bank account so they can safely transfer it into my account.
    I would do it, but I just don't need the soup. If it was pei dahn sou yuhk jook, well, that's another story...
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    We put the signs up Thursday night. Maybe 15 or 25.

Funny thing, I got this email day after I put up the signs. DOn't know if it is a coincidence since I didn't actually put signs up in London, but this fellow says that is where he is.

"...You just get back to me with the cost for private lesson in your home for 4 weeks. I have someone that can drive him to your place for the lessons. Just get back to me with the total cost for 4 weeks so I can make payment to you immediately before I go on a business trip to Asia. I,ll just send a cheque. I think that will be better.

Reply me with the total cost (1 hr daily at your convenient time)...."
    Sounds like a scam to me. It may not be, but I'd be very weary. I've heard of this scam where they send you a check for a ridiculously high amount. Then they call you and say they made a mistake but that you should go ahead and cash the check anyway and send back one of your checks for the difference minus some money for your troubles. So you send the check, but the one that they sent you bounces and you end up at a big loss.

So yeah... I'd watch out for that guy from London who has a friend that can somehow drive his car to Florida for private lessons.