Thread: Sad news....possible good news

Blog Entries

Sad news....possible good news

Well, the economic times have hit lots of people and even martial arts circles. Sad to announce that i have been hit as well. That is, i'm losing the iron ox as he is being forced to move back to chicago. The sad thing for me is he is doing so on his 4th year anniversary.

Yet, he has intensely trained under me all this time, and knows how i teach and what i'm looking for.

He will be moving back to the "downers grove" area of chicago.

If anyone in that area is interested in picking up the lau bun lineage of hung sing choy lee fut, you can email me and i will forward it to the iron ox, who, is up to the task of training people. I've watched him, listened to him to explain our system and how we teach it to the younger students, so i am without fear he could share our system with interested parties, whether private of public.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

****ty

life can be so nice until the world gets in the way if it's not money it's the inlaws!.

Also in IL

HSK - That's a total bummer about losing a good student. Them're hard to come by!

FYI I'm not *really* near Downers Grove, but Champaign is only about two hours away, and my parents are up in Schaumburg, which is about 20-30 minutes from Downers Grove. It would be great to meet up with him and talk CLF/cross hands, etc. I'm super-loyal to my Sifu, but I'm always interested in seeing other lineages of CLF and I've never seen the Lau Bun line in person.

Tell him anyway I can help him out I'm happy to, legit KF in the midwest is hard to come by and we gotta stick together! Me & a friend of mine have been thinking about getting a tournament together down here in Champaign and if he'd certainly be welcome to jump in on the fun!

legit KF in the midwest is hard to come by
    Not that hard to come by if you know where to look
    Choy Lay Fut in Chicago's chinatown
    www.ngfamilymartialarts.com
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    True, not taking away from shaolin dynasty's lineage or school, they have some great fighters.....

However, thanks jeong, and if you shoot me your number, i'll make sure he calls you.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Sorry to hear about that. It sucks when a quality student has to go like that.

Maybe when things get better he could come back?