Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Jiu-Jitsu is more important than Kung Fu

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I learned this from a BJJ purple belt. You catch the shot with an underhook/overhook, then steer them toward the overhook side and into a side mount.
    Which is what WM basically described.
    Except he used TCMA terminology that made it seem overly complicated and impractical.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Monk View Post
    you should come and try it with me. Unfortunately I do not own a digital camera and do not own a computer if you must know I post while I take my certification classes to further explore my career and I do not own a pc actually because my evenings are spent training and teaching TCMA to inner city kids who can not afford it. and the rest of my time working a part time gig to afford my rent and yes my $50 a month for MMA. But I am sorry people like you believe everyone on here is full of ***t
    I've been around the MA scene long enough to know who is full of b.s. and who isn't. There are few guys who aren't, but you are not one of them.

Sanjuro

Everything here is in writing , I simply gave my opinion and this guy assumes im some troll making stuff up anyone who has a lil bit of understanding in TCMA and stance work will agree the technique I explained of bow & arrow with an underhook is the achilles heel to the double leg takedown.

Will it work for the single leg takedown No it will not . I am sure KF is your buddy but it is childish to assume everyone who joins this forum is some troll.

P.S.
    I dig the samurai
    Acutally, the move you described MAY work well VS a smaller and less skilled person shooting from the outside.
    But it is far from an Achilles heel.
    Actually, KF and I don't really "get along" that well, but I respect all that he has done in the Full Contact world.
    As I respect anyone that has competed in full contact, regardless of outcome.

Thanks, the samurai is the ultimate ronin, Ogami Itto !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    I've been around the MA scene long enough to know who is full of b.s. and who isn't. There are few guys who aren't, but you are not one of them.
    You gotta love the excuses he came up with though.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Where in Lodi do you train MMA?

I'll contact the instructor and ask if the MMA he teaches "is almost useless in real street fight application in comparison to kung fu".
    Last edited by 1bad65; 01-21-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I train no gi , I don't like the gi because I train for MMA not jiu jitsu tournaments.

in no gi training I find my bridge work and elbows in from my kung fu comes in useful.

KF, I bet if you try some good kung fu you will find the benefits where it will help your jiu jitsu.

P.S.

Jiu jitsu is a derivative of Kung Fu.

I believe I answered the main thread which was my intention KF good luck with your training.

Everything here is in writing , I simply gave my opinion and this guy assumes im some troll making stuff up anyone who has a lil bit of understanding in TCMA and stance work will agree the technique I explained of bow & arrow with an underhook is the achilles heel to the double leg takedown.
    If you had ever trained a day of standup grappling in your life outside of your pretend kung fu "grappling", you would know that this is untrue.

Let's make the completely wild assumption, just for a second, however, that you are not completely full of sh!t. If you have trained with the level of wrestler that you claim to have trained with, you would know that there are several counters to this.

Please list them.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Which is what WM basically described.
    Except he used TCMA terminology that made it seem overly complicated and impractical.
    the depth of the stance is the where the strentgh comes from Sanjuro. I was just pointing out how TCMA is applied to MMA.

I train no gi , I don't like the gi because I train for MMA not jiu jitsu tournaments.

in no gi training I find my bridge work and elbows in from my kung fu comes in useful.

KF, I bet if you try some good kung fu you will find the benefits where it will help your jiu jitsu.

P.S.

I believe I answered the main thread which was my intention KF good luck with your training.

KF please read slowly

I train no gi , I don't like the gi because I train for MMA not jiu jitsu tournaments. in no gi training I find my bridge work and elbows in from my kung fu comes in useful.
    P.S.
    Ah, yes, the specific technical questions always weed out the bullsh!t artists.

MMA schools always teach BJJ as part of their training.

If you had ever trained a day of standup grappling in your life outside of your pretend kung fu "grappling"
    Team Endgame Lodi, NJ look them up or am i just pretending.

MMA schools always teach BJJ as part of their training.
    Plenty of places train no-gi submission wrestling only.

Isn't 10th Planet all no-gi?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 01-21-2009 at 09:53 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Team Endgame Lodi, NJ look them up or am i just pretending.
    I will be sending him an e-mail shortly asking if the MMA he teaches "is almost useless in real street fight application in comparison to kung fu".

Can you please PM me your name so I can tell him which one of his students posted that about his school and instruction? I will be banned if I post your name on the open forum, and I promise not to.

In the mean time, you should answer KF's questions. Your silence speaks volumes...

This thread still going?

NY San Da does BJJ
    NY San Da does NOT do kimono/gi
    ie NY San Da does no-gi grappling (from BJJ)

(PS: we had an Eddie Bravo brown belt here recently and may try and hook up with them, they have a very cool BJJ based no-gi system)

Knifefighter, you aren't saying a gym that only does no-gi isn't a MMA gym are you?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Plenty of places train no-gi submission wrestling only.

Isn't 10th Planet all no-gi?
    No-gi is simply BJJ without the gi. 10th Planet is Eddie Bravo's place. Eddie is a BJJ Black Belt under Rigan.