Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Product Review: Fei Yue High Tops

Product Review: Fei Yue High Tops

So I originally got a pair more as a novelty but I have worn them through our classes and I found that I really like them. The biggest benefit they give is some ankle support. This can be good for people with ankle problems or beginners that have weak ankles. They are about a half inch to an inch lower than most high tops and if they were to heighten the top part, the ankle support would be even better. A little ankle support is a good thing especially in our classes where we do a lot of running and jumping, flying kicks, and acrobatics.

You got yours already?

From us? There was a snafu with the inventory shipment. I was told they weren't shipping yet.

Man, they don't tell me anything around here. I'm running to the warehouse now to grab a pair.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    From us? There was a snafu with the inventory shipment. I was told they weren't shipping yet.

Man, they don't tell me anything around here. I'm running to the warehouse now to grab a pair.
    Gene's holding out!

Woohoo!

I just got mine!

There was an inventory discrepancy in the shipment, so everything got withheld for a few days. They were so supposed to notify me when these were ready to be shipped so I could "field test" a pair. I've been holding out since I've worn through the right heel of my present pair of original Feiyues - it's been that way for a few weeks now.

Feiyue Hi-Top Black
    Feiyue Hi-Top White
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

hmm, may have to try a pair. Interesting point, my Fei Yues wear out at the same spot....the heel. I added a small thin heel gel cushion I bought from the store and it seems to extend the life of them a little. May want to give that a shot.

Mine always wear from the big toes right through.

But this time they did not even get to that stage - they split on the top where the toe of the shoe joins with the fabric...ha ha

I love them - would not train in anything else..

I go through fei yues like a hot knife goes through butter.

In Vienna temple they hang them from the roof beams. Not a sole intact, lol...

Duct tape can help a little.

Gene, one of my instructors says that Fei Yue's also come in other nifty colors, I'll have to check out their website. The only bad thing I can say is that 44's usually fit me like a glove, these are a little loose.

I'm an idiot

The school was closed last night - MLK day. Just because we don't have it off, doesn't mean that others don't.

Feiyue does come in other colors but we don't stock them. Keep in mind, for us to stock a different color, we have to stock hundreds of shoes to cover all the sizes. We're not confident that the other colors are that marketable. You don't see too many different colors in martial arts shoes. Our community doesn't really support that.

For example, we know pink doesn't sell.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I saw some gold ones when up in Shaolin in 07- very bling!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I just got mine!

There was an inventory discrepancy in the shipment, so everything got withheld for a few days. They were so supposed to notify me when these were ready to be shipped so I could "field test" a pair. I've been holding out since I've worn through the right heel of my present pair of original Feiyues - it's been that way for a few weeks now.

Feiyue Hi-Top Black
    Feiyue Hi-Top White
    I just had a discussion about shoes last night with a couple buddies from class. One says his high-top wrestling shoes are on their last legs and he needs to get a new pair. I wonder how these would compare?

...looking forward to your field test report!
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    Gene, one of my instructors says that Fei Yue's also come in other nifty colors, I'll have to check out their website. The only bad thing I can say is that 44's usually fit me like a glove, these are a little loose.
    The nifty colors are here http://www.feiyue-shoes.com/pages_uk..._show.php?id=5

...but not many left
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Do you math, TaichiMantis

Pop those fancy colored Feiyue prices into an online currency converter. They range from 43.00 € for kids to 90.00 € for the Hi tops...

I'll bust them out at practice tonight and let y'all know my thoughts tomorrow.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

****! Those shoes are EXPENSIVE.

And I always liked Feiyues because they were dirt cheap. What a shame, some of the fancy ones looked pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by NJM View Post
    ****! Those shoes are EXPENSIVE.

And I always liked Feiyues because they were dirt cheap. What a shame, some of the fancy ones looked pretty cool.
    I would be so down for the black with green stripes or just all black.