Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Product Review: Fei Yue High Tops

the prices of feiyues is rising every year

The price of everything in China is rising every year. I've been going to China since '91 and there's been an increase in costs for everything with every trip. The only thing that went down was that as I got to know more people, I got better prices - which is to say I got a reduction on the laowai price. But I expect the prices to continue to rise.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Pk_StyLeZ, you are so going to eat those words as soon as you slip on a pair of these babies. They are really growing on me.

I may have to get a street pair.

Want to ship me a pair and let me demo one free of cost? I will write a very good review either way if it good or not =p
    hehehe other than that...i don't think i be trying some anytime soon, unless you can get rid of the 20 pair of feiyues i have in my closet rite now!!

btw..happy new years gene and best wishes to you and your business!!

Nice try, Pk_StyLeZ

The hi-tops will sell themselves. It's a good product. We won't need to be bribing anyone for good reviews.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I tried on my Shifu's hi-tops tonight. DIdn't realize we were the same size. I laced them up and they definitely hold firm on the ankle. I couldn't decide if I felt supported or inhibited at first. I blew through the first half of Wuxingquan with them on was very aware of the extra tension holding my ankles. It was supportive. I think these will be very popular, especially with casual trainers who are used to wearing wrestling shoes. Shifu is thinking about ordering some for the students. I'm fine either way if he makes them officially the uniform.

I did some deep stances like PuBu and wasn't inhibited in any way from doing the stance correctly, but I could feel the tension the extra canvas brings. If I had weak ankles I would have appreciated that extra hold.

Overall a good shoe. Worth twice what whites cost? That's all up to whether you need the support. If you think you'd benefit I'd say get them in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sean_stonehart View Post
    OT... when I was in Xian in '01, a buddy of mine wanted a cover robe like all the cool HK Shaw Bros guys wore (Da Guo??). We were in the night market in the Muslim quarter & he described for this kid what he was looking for. The kid motioned us to follow & took through some shady looking back alleys to his dad's joint. He told his dad what we were after I guess. His dad rattles something off to him & he takes of down the street while he showed us around the rest of his shop. 10 minutes later the kid came back with this blue robe in his hands.

Can't beat that for service!

I hope you got something to eat while you were there! Good eats in the Muslim quarter (and generally cleaner).

**** i want these!
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

So, Gene, after a month now with them, how are these hi-tops?

I totally dig them

I may never go back.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I bought a pair the shoes are great but I feel the heel needs to be wider to prevent rolling and less rounded for the same reason KC
    A Fool is Born every Day !

I just ordered mine the other day. So, hopefully next week I will get them.