Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: YKS gatekeeper?

yeah its good to do research isnt it?

I spent years reading up in English all I could about wingchun lineage starting with great books from Robert Chu, Y Wu, and research done by Hendrik, Rene, Jim etc.....too many to name, but they are all Giants in the art.

And then I went to the China Forums to start research, China Goverment websites etc.... a couple of years back and read great stuff too. Found that they had their say too.

Reckon we can share what we find without being too personal about it. After all we werent there, no one has a time machine, and at best, we can take all the information as stories we like to believe.

Essentially the two sides of the story could be different as night and day, but at the end of the day, its still 1 coin.
    Last edited by Shadow_warrior8; 01-29-2009 at 05:02 AM.
    讲你不听,听你不明,明你不做,做你又做错,错你又不认,认你又不改,改你又不服,不服你又不讲;那你要我 怎么办?

Quote Originally Posted by LSWCTN1 View Post
    looking back your previous posts, you and i are not in the same brackets
    And that's awesome.

Now go back and watch Star Trek...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha_Fist View Post
    And that's awesome.

Now go back and watch Star Trek...
    dunno what i have done to upset you

i was asking questions relating to a lineage that the UK has had no exposure to, some people were interested and replied, some were not

maybe someone's having a tough time at home...

Sum Dek.

AFWIW: Many of Sum Nung's students were older than him and died a long time ago. Learning under the PRC many also have no desire for publicity or politics, and because they often trained clandestinely in the old days, only know of each other by name. Likewise, since most don't teach for a living, there are less incentives for bickering.

Sum Nung

Does any of Sum Nung descendants still practice Wing Chun?

yes his son sum dek. you can find a few vids on youtube. just siu lum tao. nothing special

Yuen Kay San WC

Dummy Set

YKS Jong set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXDE_...e=channel_page
    Jim

Really bad quality and narrating and translating...but here is long video including intervie with Sum Nung

Shows Tom Wong too for a little bit.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...28760600079916

Videos

Yea these videos I ran across before while searching very interesting.

I see some of Sum Nung SLT are different on youtube...I find that interesting too...

There are a few YKS wing chun teachers in the USA. Some or most, may teach privately or very small groups.

I know of T. Wong, and I here he i exceptional. Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to meet him.

YKSWC, typically, does not seem to advertise much - probably due to personal and specific reasons.

I know there are some instructors in Washington D.C. Area, Mississippi and Virginia (I believe). These individuals come from the Sum Nung/Kwok wan Ping line. VERY GOOD stuff if you ask me. I have studied different versions in the past of Hong Kong WC.

If anyone would like more information, PM me.

Leung Dai-Chiu sibak is another one. He's actually one of Sum Nung's earliest students still active, and he's in the US. He visited our group once -- though sadly I was out of town on business and missed seeing him -- and the depth of his knowledge is amazing.

He's almost impossible to find, though I know at least a couple people who've either visited or trained with him.

Sum Nung praised Leung sibak's preservation of the WCK forms, and that's pretty spectacular praise indeed.

interesting

Very interesting where is your group located at Ritchie?

Quote Originally Posted by reneritchie View Post
    Leung Dai-Chiu sibak is another one. He's actually one of Sum Nung's earliest students still active, and he's in the US. He visited our group once -- though sadly I was out of town on business and missed seeing him -- and the depth of his knowledge is amazing.

He's almost impossible to find, though I know at least a couple people who've either visited or trained with him.

Sum Nung praised Leung sibak's preservation of the WCK forms, and that's pretty spectacular praise indeed.

Leung Dai-Chiu is a family friend, he spends half the year in HK and the other half in NY. He speaks very little English and you won't find him unless you know him personally.

secrets

Why so secreative?

Quote Originally Posted by JT1125 View Post
    Leung Dai-Chiu is a family friend, he spends half the year in HK and the other half in NY. He speaks very little English and you won't find him unless you know him personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    Why so secreative?
    hm, not really sure...guess he's like YKS; not really into the fame