Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ****sexuality and MMA

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I guess, I don't know, I just don't get this whole caring about anyone sexual orientation.
    I mean, the whole point is, or at least WAS, that it is no big deal if someone is gay or bi or whatever and yet it seems that the very people that USED to fight for it not making difference are the ones that keeping bring it up.
    Truly, I don't know of anyone that actually cares about the sexual orientation of anyone else until THEY bring it up.
    I completely agree.

I think it's the trend nowadays for people (especially millennials) to want to put everything out there. Maybe it's the whole "reality TV" mentality. IMO, it's really nothing more than a form of narcissism. "I'm a big star, and I want you to know EVERYTHING about me. I'M SPECIAL!!!!!"

Maybe also because it's the trendy thing to be openly g@y. Nearly every TV show or movie has at least one requisite g@y character.

The fact is, nobody who has a life will give a crap either way.

When I was around 11, I became a fan of Elton John's music, BEFORE he ever came out of the closet. Then I saw him on TV for the first time emceeing a New Year's Eve rock music special, and even back then I could tell he was g@y. It was obvious, even to an 11 year old. Admittedly, at first I was a little taken aback, and a bit disappointed, thinking, "He doesn't act like that in his songs!" I was a kid, in the 1970s, so of course I thought like that. Then I figured that, regardless, his songs that I liked were still what they always were; his orientation didn't change that. In fact, it was none of my business, and I prefer it that way. I absolutely couldn't care less about someone's sexuality, so long as they have respect for others.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 02-18-2016 at 08:49 AM.