Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79

Thread: Funny how gas is cheap after 8years bush

  1. #1

    Funny how gas is cheap after 8years bush

    Funny how gas ($2.00) is cheap after 8years of bush when this summer it was $5 a gallon.

    Gee think him and his friends were screwing us with out the smile on are faces!

    However, it is funny to witness all the fools who bought hybrid cars because they thought times wouldn't change,and gas prices would just get higher.

  2. #2
    what agrevates me is that they had to raise the price of food to accomadate the rise in gas to deliver.......understandably so... but now that the price of gas to deliver is cheaper why is the food cost the same??????
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan



    Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Posts
    9,297
    is it me or has rice suddenly gotten a lot more expensive???? i don't get fancy stuff, either Mahatma white or brown rice but this past week even the smallest bag (1#) was over $2

    and tuna is like 75 cents for the store brand and anything better is 82 cents or more per can
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

    "If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

    "Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

    It's simpler than you think.

    I could be completely wrong"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    is it me or has rice suddenly gotten a lot more expensive???? i don't get fancy stuff, either Mahatma white or brown rice but this past week even the smallest bag (1#) was over $2

    and tuna is like 75 cents for the store brand and anything better is 82 cents or more per can
    man, you americans have no idea of what it's like in the rest of the world do you? lol

    in europe, gas has been 5 bucks a gallon for over a decade, it's actually more than that.

    Food is expensive everywhere, far more expensive than what you find in the huge big box stores and malls of america.

    In america you can be poor and yet still drive a car and be obese from eating to much fat and sugar.

    If all americans were to realize that, then it would rapidly become truly the most powerful nation on the planet and not just in a military or economic sense, but in the sense that the nation would be somewhat enlightened.



    Travel! Do it while you can and don't do it through 5 star hotels either.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Bondi, Sydney Australia
    Posts
    2,502
    ktkungfuel

    In literature, the fool is the one who puts the truth before the court, the members of which are too stupid to recognise it, and continue on their merry way.

    Oil prices are down because speculators and the oil/automotive partnership under the leadership of an oil family president plundered your economy, your pension funds and your children's future, and eventually the house of cards caved in.

    Now, they're scraping together whatever cash they can get from your taxpayer funded bailouts to get a stake and start the whole con game up again, and it will be the real test of the new president to see if he can change the economy from a crap-shoot for speculators to a national resource.

    Just my humble opinion....
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    ktkungfuel

    In literature, the fool is the one who puts the truth before the court, the members of which are too stupid to recognise it, and continue on their merry way.

    Oil prices are down because speculators and the oil/automotive partnership under the leadership of an oil family president plundered your economy, your pension funds and your children's future, and eventually the house of cards caved in.

    Now, they're scraping together whatever cash they can get from your taxpayer funded bailouts to get a stake and start the whole con game up again, and it will be the real test of the new president to see if he can change the economy from a crap-shoot for speculators to a national resource.

    Just my humble opinion....
    obama will do it by diverting the funds away from the military industrial complex and corporate welfare recipients vis a vis putting it into health care and education and tax relief for the common man.

    that money will not be there for the fat cats to steal. as they did at teh end of the bush terms.

    it's hard to say what will happen after that. I foresee turmoil, because expansionist business models demand a solution that will not be present and will in turn give rise to other forms of chaos generated by vindictive elitists.

    It will still get worse. sadly.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ktkungfu View Post
    Funny how gas ($2.00) is cheap after 8years of bush when this summer it was $5 a gallon.
    Gee think him and his friends were screwing us with out the smile on are faces! .
    I am no fan of Bush, but I think the drop in prices had less to do with him being out of office then the fact that the GLOBAL economic downturn significantly decreased the demand for oil, especially in developing countries like China, India, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by ktkungfu View Post
    However, it is funny to witness all the fools who bought hybrid cars because they thought times wouldn't change,and gas prices would just get higher.
    while many people did buy hybrids based on a reactionary impulse, ultimately it's good because hybrids conserve energy, decrease pollution and contribute minimally if at all to increased CO2 levels...

    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    what agrevates me is that they had to raise the price of food to accomadate the rise in gas to deliver.......understandably so... but now that the price of gas to deliver is cheaper why is the food cost the same??????
    the cost of food did not increase primarily due to the rise in gas prices (although that did contribute) , but rather surged when the US began pushing its biofuels agenda, which caused farmers worldwide to switch in large numbers from food crops to ethanol crops; as a result, there was less availability of wheat, rice, etc.; coupled with what was deemed from an agricultural perspective some of the worst weather in a long time, prices went through the roof; so gas decreasing is not what's driving the price, it's basic supply / demand

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    5,096
    Can a human being possibly be more uninformed and uneducated?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

    Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

    A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

    "You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

    "Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Can a human being possibly be more uninformed and uneducated?
    yes they can.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  10. #10
    Oil was artificially high due to uncontrolled derivatives trading. Did you know that on Wall Street there was 27 barrels of oil traded for every one produced. That created artifical demand and the market finally crashed.

    This is very complicated and is going to take some creative thinking to deal with it. However it did not help that the Bush Admin as been giving Wall Street free reign to operate however they want to...This has to stop.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    There was 5000 pts artificially generated on the nysx in the last 2 years of Bush in office.

    this artificiality was parlayed over into other stock markets.

    as soon as the jig was up, the raiding began, the corporate welfare handouts began and in the end they took more back than what was generated falsely.

    all these financial geniuses that want to help you rebuild your investments and savings and 401ks and rsps (up here) are the same people that jerked you off with the last go round.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, get out get out now and take that money and invest it in land and property or resources.

    everything else is a shell game run by hucksters and outright thieves.

    just sayin...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    1,140

    There is a reason the term 'Eurotrash' was coined

    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

    If all americans were to realize that, then it would rapidly become truly the most powerful nation on the planet and not just in a military or economic sense, but in the sense that the nation would be somewhat enlightened.



    Travel! Do it while you can and don't do it through 5 star hotels either.





    Holy crap, what a stereotypically ignorant, presumptuous attitude.

  13. #13
    petrol here is UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE

    its abotu 6 times cheaper to travel by bus now and bus travel costs have more than quadrupled so thats really saying something
    there are only masters where there are slaves

    www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Shell Beach, CA, USA
    Posts
    6,664
    Blog Entries
    16
    If you live in Africa, you won't know what 'surplus" means. If you live in US, you won't know what "shortage" or "waste" means.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Canada!
    Posts
    23,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Holy crap, what a stereotypically ignorant, presumptuous attitude.
    right back atcha dude.

    now go read atlas shrugged by ayn rand for your lesson in objectivity. lol
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 01-31-2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •