Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Funny how gas is cheap after 8years bush

Hybrid View

Funny how gas is cheap after 8years bush

Funny how gas ($2.00) is cheap after 8years of bush when this summer it was $5 a gallon.

Gee think him and his friends were screwing us with out the smile on are faces!

However, it is funny to witness all the fools who bought hybrid cars because they thought times wouldn't change,and gas prices would just get higher.

what agrevates me is that they had to raise the price of food to accomadate the rise in gas to deliver.......understandably so... but now that the price of gas to deliver is cheaper why is the food cost the same??????
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    is it me or has rice suddenly gotten a lot more expensive???? i don't get fancy stuff, either Mahatma white or brown rice but this past week even the smallest bag (1#) was over $2

and tuna is like 75 cents for the store brand and anything better is 82 cents or more per can
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    is it me or has rice suddenly gotten a lot more expensive???? i don't get fancy stuff, either Mahatma white or brown rice but this past week even the smallest bag (1#) was over $2

and tuna is like 75 cents for the store brand and anything better is 82 cents or more per can
    man, you americans have no idea of what it's like in the rest of the world do you? lol

in europe, gas has been 5 bucks a gallon for over a decade, it's actually more than that.

Food is expensive everywhere, far more expensive than what you find in the huge big box stores and malls of america.

In america you can be poor and yet still drive a car and be obese from eating to much fat and sugar.

If all americans were to realize that, then it would rapidly become truly the most powerful nation on the planet and not just in a military or economic sense, but in the sense that the nation would be somewhat enlightened.

Travel! Do it while you can and don't do it through 5 star hotels either.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There is a reason the term 'Eurotrash' was coined

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

If all americans were to realize that, then it would rapidly become truly the most powerful nation on the planet and not just in a military or economic sense, but in the sense that the nation would be somewhat enlightened.

Holy crap, what a stereotypically ignorant, presumptuous attitude.

petrol here is UNBELIEVABLY EXPENSIVE

its abotu 6 times cheaper to travel by bus now and bus travel costs have more than quadrupled so thats really saying something
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Blog Entries
    If you live in Africa, you won't know what 'surplus" means. If you live in US, you won't know what "shortage" or "waste" means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansuke View Post
    Holy crap, what a stereotypically ignorant, presumptuous attitude.
    right back atcha dude.

now go read atlas shrugged by ayn rand for your lesson in objectivity. lol
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 01-31-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

man, you americans have no idea of what it's like in the rest of the world do you? lol

in europe, gas has been 5 bucks a gallon for over a decade, it's actually more than that.

Food is expensive everywhere, far more expensive than what you find in the huge big box stores and malls of america.
    you know, i don't really care what the rest of the world is like. that doesn't mean I don't realize that it's pretty **** good here, all things considered, or that it's pretty **** bad elsewhere or that there are a lot of people in a lot worse situations.

but, just like some other poor schmuck living somewhere else, I didn't exactly chose to be born here or grow up here...but here is where I am and for me, just like any other poor fool living largely at the bottom of the barrel the situation here is personally relative just as it is anywhere else for everybody else.

the fact that I'm *****ing about the price of rice and tuna rather than steak and beer should indicate where I am.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you know, i don't really care what the rest of the world is like. that doesn't mean I don't realize that it's pretty **** good here, all things considered, or that it's pretty **** bad elsewhere or that there are a lot of people in a lot worse situations.

but, just like some other poor schmuck living somewhere else, I didn't exactly chose to be born here or grow up here...but here is where I am and for me, just like any other poor fool living largely at the bottom of the barrel the situation here is personally relative just as it is anywhere else for everybody else.

the fact that I'm *****ing about the price of rice and tuna rather than steak and beer should indicate where I am.
    When someone makes an ignorant point, it needs to be strongly countered with an oppositional view in order to rpovide clarity.

It's ok to not care about the rest of the world, but to complain about circumstances when you have it pretty well comparatively is just ignorance.

I merely pointed it out and apparently that has ruffled some feathers.

being ignorant is not the same as being stupid, it is simply "not knowing".

No one chose to be born in a country where there is more hardship than most G8-rs could even begin to imagine.

the idea that 4 dollar gas is some kind of huge burden is ridiculous to the rest of the world and whilc this forum is based in america, there are a lot of non-americans here.

should we just sit under the stick and wait for our beatings?

eff that my friend, eff that.

america's cool, but shedding light on the incorrect is always good.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

There is NO WAY to view comments like that as anything other than arrogant, ignorant, stupid, presumptuous bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    what agrevates me is that they had to raise the price of food to accomadate the rise in gas to deliver.......understandably so... but now that the price of gas to deliver is cheaper why is the food cost the same??????
    There is a lag time to catch back up to the new cheaper prices, don't forget though that harvesting costs, production costs, and transportation costs all went up. However, a friend of mine that owns an auto repair shop told me that once gas prices drop, manufacturers and wholesalers generally don't drop their shipping charges back down to what they were once that they have raised them.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    There is a lag time to catch back up to the new cheaper prices, don't forget though that harvesting costs, production costs, and transportation costs all went up. However, a friend of mine that owns an auto repair shop told me that once gas prices drop, manufacturers and wholesalers generally don't drop their shipping charges back down to what they were once that they have raised them.
    this sort of thing is definitely true and a bunch of BS on the part of a lot of people.

back in 2003/2004 when we had the first (i think) spike in gas prices i was working as a Facilities Mgr for a private school and all my subs started adding $20-$40 dollar 'fuel surcharges' that never went away.

the company I work for now charges a minimum of $55 to bring a van and a tech to your house within the city limits and then the labor charge starts...imo, we charge about quadruple what it actually costs to make the 'trip'.

everyone is just greedy...

The cab company I work for does the same thing. They changed all the meters and posted notices about a "temporary fuel surcharge" making all the per-mile charges higher. They even posted a definite date at which the surcharge was supposed to go away. Never did, even though the expiration date was right when the price of gas was at its lowest.

Tax increases are always the same way as well. They never go away. The income tax in the US was sold to us as the way to pay for WWI. That ended in 1918, yet the tax was never repealed, it just keeps going up.

Look at toll roads. Here in Texas we got some a few years ago. Governor Perry, who I will never vote for again, said the tolls are there to pay for the cost of constructing the roads. Does anyone really believe that they won't be tolled forever? What about our state gasoline taxes that are supposed to pay for roads?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams