Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 94 - Results Discussion (SPOILERS)

UFC 94 - Results Discussion (SPOILERS)

If you didn't see it I am going to mention results, so either don't read ahead, or don't get mad if I tell you what happened.

Machida vs. Silva: Machida makes me want to be a Karate guy. This was the best fight of the night.

St. Pierre vs. Penn: I am a big Penn fan, but I am glad he didn't win. He should stay at 155 and give KenFlo the chance he has earned.

Bonnar vs. Jones: This Jones guy is cool. unorthodox striking and some pretty amazing takedowns. Look for him in the future.

Anyone else's thoughts and reactions?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

What kinda cabbage do the undercard guys like Guida and Jones end up making?

I found Penn's public attitude leading up to the fight exceptionally annoying. After his corner quit for him, though, certain of his comments became entertaining as all hell.

The fight was a shining example of the process martial athletes need to use to really take the sport on to the next 15 years.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    I found Penn's public attitude leading up to the fight exceptionally annoying. After his corner quit for him, though, certain of his comments became entertaining as all hell.

The fight was a shining example of the process martial athletes need to use to really take the sport on to the next 15 years.
    It ****ed me off that they called it a Doctor's stoppage on the live broadcast when obviously his corner called it off. Rogan's soft language over Penn quitting also annoyed me.
    "No reason to risk injury. Stopping now is a good idea." If Penn wasn't the lightweight champion Rogan would have torn him apart for quitting in between rounds.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

GSP has become the prototype for the future generations of MMA and one hopes that his amazing attitude is also emulated.
    Machida continues to win, of course hsi background is karate so what else is to be expected?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I started rooting for bonnar during the john jones; coz I didn't like the illegal striking & REALLY didn't like zero warnings for any of it.
    May seem like an accident or like bonnar ducked into it, but he had bonnar's leg caught on the blind spinning elbow - where was he gonna go?
    The knee to the face of bonnar when he was trying to stand up made me hate the guy.
    I'm not even a bonnar fan - i knew going into it that he had very little chance against jones; but I didn't see why he had to do the cheap stuff when he had that many athletic advantages over bonnar to begin with.

My opinion may be unpopular but except for the machida fight I thought the affliction card was actually better.

BJ had no business being in that ring - too out of shape & too slow.
    Would've been smarter to come in at 155 and at least try to out-speed the guy.
    That performance was pathetic after all that trash he talked.
    And now he's trying to claim he lost because of vaseline? whatever dude.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

At this stage I still give the nod to Silva as being the best fighter, he just has excellent KO power and that can turn any fight around.
    GSP SEEMS to have a better game and better conditioning, but its hard to tell because Silva hasn't really been tested in those regards as of late.
    Too bad we may never see fedor in the UFC...
    hey, whatever happened to Mirko?
    And it seems will will have a Silva VS Lidell match ??
    WTF ??

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    GSP has become the prototype for the future generations of MMA and one hopes that his amazing attitude is also emulated.
    Machida continues to win, of course hsi background is karate so what else is to be expected?
    Surely, thou art blessed with righteous truth.

I didn't like Thiago at all. He struck me as the prototypical "I wanna train MMA" guy with the closest full of Affliction Ts. Yes, he's got insane skill, and would destroy me like I destroy a bag of burritos from wal-mart, but his attitude is just. Too. ****y.

Machida is a class act, and a bad mother****er.

I would love to see Fedor fight in the UFC, but what would really be the point? It's not like he'd be getting a higher caliber of opponent.

Also, any word on him fighting Barnett?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Unorthodox?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    If you didn't see it I am going to mention results, so either don't read ahead, or don't get mad if I tell you what happened.

Machida vs. Silva: Machida makes me want to be a Karate guy. This was the best fight of the night.

St. Pierre vs. Penn: I am a big Penn fan, but I am glad he didn't win. He should stay at 155 and give KenFlo the chance he has earned.

Bonnar vs. Jones: This Jones guy is cool. unorthodox striking and some pretty amazing takedowns. Look for him in the future.

Anyone else's thoughts and reactions?
    I wouldn't say Jones is unorthodox. He used front kicks, side kicks, and spinning back kicks. Unorthodox in MMA maybe, but old-school in some way.

I agree about some of the cheap shots and no warnings but that spinning elbow was nasty...NASTY!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Noob View Post
    I wouldn't say Jones is unorthodox. He used front kicks, side kicks, and spinning back kicks. Unorthodox in MMA maybe, but old-school in some way.

I agree about some of the cheap shots and no warnings but that spinning elbow was nasty...NASTY!
    My comment about unorthodox was definitely in relation to MMA...after all nothing is unorthodox in Kung-Fu...after all we fight like animals and think its kewl.

My opinion may be unpopular but except for the machida fight I thought the affliction card was actually better.
    Thats because the machida fight was the only exciting one on the card. First time I actually pay for a UFC Pay Per View and the card is boring.
    ------
    Jason

FYI:
    Vasaline ???
    BBBWAAAWWWHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, it wasn't GSP's Superiour striking, it wasn't GSP's Superiour conditioning, it wasn't GSP's Superiour strategy or the simple fact that he dominated Penn.
    Nope.
    It was the Vasaline !!
    BBBAAWWAAAHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the replay and I saw Penn's guard slipping but you know what, it wasn't very tight to start with and GSP is a monster.

And yeah, sometimes Vaseline gives you a better work ethic, better striking, and better conditioning...without the Vaseline BJ would have had a six pack, been able to fly, and would have destroyed GSP by flipping a bus onto him and then climbing the empire state building with one of those ring girls!
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post
    I watched the replay and I saw Penn's guard slipping but you know what, it wasn't very tight to start with and GSP is a monster.

And yeah, sometimes Vaseline gives you a better work ethic, better striking, and better conditioning...without the Vaseline BJ would have had a six pack, been able to fly, and would have destroyed GSP by flipping a bus onto him and then climbing the empire state building with one of those ring girls!
    You ave groin kicked the correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPalm View Post

I noticed the slipping high guard live during broadcast. I do not think the Vaseline caused Penn's loss. However, a rules infraction is a rules infraction. If the NSAC finds that St. Pierre was in the wrong he must be sanctioned.
    ------
    Jason

What was GSP to do? Bust the guy rubbing him down!

strike!