Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so i tried something the other day

so i tried something the other day

I never did this before and I said f, it why not. looks easy enough.

I took a new staff. put it in the little spot on my lower neck. put the other side against a wall and pushed. first it bent and then snapped. then i was like eh, not so bad. it hurt a little bit, but nothing too bad.

i woke up with marks on my lower neck and i was like wtf rash? and then i was like ooooh yeah, staff breaking.

just thought i'd share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

So wait, I've been paying $1500 per month in the hopes to one day have my chi strong enough that I'll be able to break a stick with my neck and suddenly you can do it without any Back Door Inner Chamber training?

WTF?
    A unique snowflake

are you reffering to the jugular notch? and if so I would find it hard to believe you could break or even bend a staff doing that even if you trained for years to do this. I can barely break a chopstick and I have been lifting qi to my jugular notch for years as we have many counters to throat applications that need an impervious neck.
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    are you reffering to the jugular notch? and if so I would find it hard to believe you could break or even bend a staff doing that even if you trained for years to do this. I can barely break a chopstick and I have been lifting qi to my jugular notch for years as we have many counters to throat applications that need an impervious neck.
    yeah i am talking about that. really? a chopstick would be harder the a nice long staff. hmm interesting.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

yeah i am talking about that.

so are you brining the qi from the lower dantien to the leinchuan? how do you know this with no prior experience or practice?

really? a chopstick would be harder the a nice long staff. hmm interesting.

yes but also thicker......I can withstand a pretty hard chop to the trechea but to break a wooden bo is remarkable and unheard of. I can bend 6' X 1/2 (#5) rebar with several years of conditioning....but it depends on how long the bar is.. I cannot bend it if its say 6" long
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

well trachia and the notch in your neck are 2 different things. i dont think i could take a hard chop to the throat.

as for gatthering chi? i took a deep breath, put the staff in there and just pushed for like 5 seconds until the staff bent and broke. hardest part was getting it started, after that it was cake. i tried a spear and yeah, that wasnt working.

how did i trainit? every now and then i would just press down on it and deal with the pain. i did it like once/twice a month or so. first time someone did it to me it hurt. now i hardly feel it much when a normal person does it. two times over the previous two years i tried breaking shorter harder staffs like that and only bent them slightly so [shrugs hsoulder] thats about all the training i have for it.

i woke up this morning with marks on my neck, i was like "wtf a rash?" so i pulled out some aloa vera oil and put it on and it was tender, i was like "oh yeah i broke a staff there last night"
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 02-01-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    I never did this before and I said f, it why not. looks easy enough.

I took a new staff. put it in the little spot on my lower neck. put the other side against a wall and pushed. first it bent and then snapped. then i was like eh, not so bad. it hurt a little bit, but nothing too bad.

i woke up with marks on my lower neck and i was like wtf rash? and then i was like ooooh yeah, staff breaking.

just thought i'd share.
    Wait a minute: The staff snapped? What is your staff made out of? Mine is rattan. It will break but it will not snap in two. However if I'm reading this right you struck the butt end of your staff into the hollow of neck then put the other end against the wall. You then applied pressure until it broke......BS!

yep thats what i did. it was jsut a normal waxwood staff that tiger claw sells. ratten? geeze those things are too hard h:

someone might have gotten it on video.

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    ok...i'll buy it but i'd say the waxwood broke within 1/3 the distance from the narrow end that was against the wall? right?

nice...congrats...seriously

but, imo, not that big a deal...i broke one once just popping into a posture from Shi Ba Gun.

imo, it's lots more fun when you breaks them on the peoples
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

thats always been part of the trick. you press up, then forward. pretty simple and very basic concept.

now try the re-bar. its even just as simple, but for that trick you need a partner thats in on it
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

it is a trick lol. i am jsut saying i never train for it, i said what the f, why not. and i did it lol.

Was the staff waxwood?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    pressing against the suprasternal notch is key in this trick, you can do it with a spear, staff, sword, or rebar. I used to do it with target arrows, and kitchen knives, when I was a teen. Bending it up is fun too. You use your chin as a brace.
    The key is knowing how to bend it and having a good partner.
    as far as where you concentrate your ch'i is concerned? Heck, you can concentrate it in your shoe if it makes you happy. It's a trick, remember?
    But it does look cool as h3ll.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

And why exactly would you feel the urge to do such a thing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    it hard to believe you could break or even bend a staff.
    It will be very difficult to break or bend a staff like this.

[img=http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2796/stick2ml2.th.jpg]