Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For the MMA fans...

For the MMA fans...

My concern is, why aren't competitors allowed to use weapons or fight against animals? Doesn't banning my right to this sort of entertainment violate my consitutional rights?

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...-39356442.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin View Post

My concern is, why aren't competitors allowed to use weapons or fight against animals? Doesn't banning my right to this sort of entertainment violate my consitutional rights?

What constitutional rights? You are in Canada. You have to do what the Queen says.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ao Qin View Post

For weapons check out Dog Brothers. Or real prison videos or real TV videos...faces of death.

I think if a participant has no say in whether or not they participate, that is a violation of their rights. Animals in the wild fighting is a great spectacle and where many forms of Kung Fu come from...but humans vs animals is a bit lopsided and where the animals do not consent to the fight, many would have a problem with this.

The article ignores a lot of things but one thing it does is touch on Ali's parkinsons...Michael J Fox has this as well and he isn't a fighter...
    A unique snowflake

i like the first response to that column:

'God I am so sick of your useless columns, you really have no clue at all lady. Stick to your gripes about getting your SUV stuck in your driveway or emasculating your husband. The sport is not for everyone, but neither is scrap booking, am radio, or Lawrence Welk reruns either. The way your tripe reads its as if he was lying prostate on the ground receiving a beating from a 225 man. Fighting at 135 means his opponent weighed no more than 135 pounds. If this was his first fight, he would be fighting a similarly new fighter. It is a fair competition. MMA is made to sound like a brutal blood fest populated by common thugs and goons. You don't have to search far to find all walks of life interested an participating. Look at some of the stars in MMA, Chuck Liddel, CPA. Rich Franklin, M Ed. Stick to subjects you can speak authoritatively on. You sound like a gossipy now-not when you don't.'
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    What constitutional rights? You are in Canada. You have to do what the Queen says.
    HAHA effin great.

Quote Originally Posted by brothernumber9 View Post
    HAHA effin great.
    hahaha effin out of touch.

Canada has a constitution and a charter of rights and freedoms.
    Man, I think Canadians know more about the US than the reverse.
    In fact, I'm certain of it.

So, I know MK was jesting, but he was doing it from a point of ignorance. Excusable, but cheering on ignorance is outstanding! lol

Kung Fu is good for you.

i think you are right. the most i know of canada is the flag, the anthum(sp) and that french canadians hate my guts.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

also, Lindor Reynolds is a left leaning whining overtly soft-liberal fairy fruitcake job.

who gives a rats ass what she thinks?

I'm surprised the Press even keeps her on. She appeals to the Oprah "I can't think for myself" set.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I think Canadians know more about the US than the reverse.

I know Canada has really good cheese fries

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post
    I know Canada has really good cheese fries
    s'called "poutine".

Canada is the same standard of living as the US. Except for the climate, government system and population, there really isn't much difference at all between a canuck and a mercan.

If you go from city to city you'll see differences, but at the heart of it all, we're pretty much the same.

If we weren't, it would be hard for Americans to travel around with those canuck flags on their back packs so waiters won't spit in their food. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

hahaha effin out of touch.

Canada has a constitution and a charter of rights and freedoms.

So, I know MK was jesting, but he was doing it from a point of ignorance. Excusable, but cheering on ignorance is outstanding! lol

All powers of state are constitutionally reposed in the monarch, which means when the Queen says "Jump, Canuck," you reply "Aboot how high?"
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    All powers of state are constitutionally reposed in the monarch, which means when the Queen says "Jump, Canuck," you reply "Aboot how high?"
    Not sure how that "commonwealth" thing works, are you?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Not sure how that "commonwealth" thing works, are you?
    Commonwealth? What is that, French? Speak American.

Basically we agree that the queen remains the head of state as long as she restricts herself to waving from a carriage and appointing who she is told to for GG.

The GG, in turn, is effectively a figurehead - until the prime minister needs to go crying to her for help protecting his retarded government until such time as the liberals deep six their own chances at forming a viable government by electing a conservative, federalist, war hawk leader.

Ignatieff is scum and should be eaten by rabid wolves...

slowly.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Basically we agree that the queen remains the head of state as long as she restricts herself to waving from a carriage and appointing who she is told to for GG.

The GG, in turn, is effectively a figurehead - until the prime minister needs to go crying to her for help protecting his retarded government until such time as the liberals deep six their own chances at forming a viable government by electing a conservative, federalist, war hawk leader.

Ignatieff is scum and should be eaten by rabid wolves...

slowly.
    And if you like that, wait till you hear about our Senate !
    LMAO !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !