Page 202 of 243 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 3641

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

For starters I'm trying to establish that his eligibility is being questioned. I got the impression you thought it was just a made up story. People ARE questioning it, regardless of what you think of those people (Alan Keyes for one), and there are lawsuits trying to get some verification released.

So we can establish as fact that it is an issue that is being challenged/questioned.

Now, has he provided acceptable proof of eligibility? Apparently not. Unless you can provide evidence otherwise.

True, Hawaii admits they have a birth certificate on record for Obama but during that time the state allowed a foreign birth to be recorded and they have not indicated whether this is the case or not.

So, that is NOT acceptable proof he's a natural born citizen. Now if you could just name the hospital where he was born I'm sure it can be easily checked out.

You see his sister mentione 2 hospitals but it seems neither one have any record of his birth or anyone, doctors included, that recall his birth.

His aunt I think it was stated that she remembers witnessing his birth in Kenya and that is recorded on tape. Kenya also celebrates his birth there but they could just be jumping on the publicity. Funny thing though but all the records in Kenya have been sealed also. Why a cover-up?

So we have recorded statements that he was born in Kenya but lack any physical evidence in the form of documentation (birth certificate, hospital records) that would contradict the testimony. This is not by accident but deliberately sealed so the truth cannot be discovered. Why?

It amazes me that any US citizen that cares even the slightest about this country would not want to clear this up and be satisified that the law is being followed.

How hard is it to get a copy? People do it all the time. Why spend money on a legal team to supress this information How did he get into college? Did he scam the college and pretend to be a foreign student and receive grants or was he reallly a foreign student? This should be investigated as there could be criminal activity involved.

And how did he travel to Indonesia and Pakistan in 1981 when American Citizens were not allowed unless he had an Indonesian passport?
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I actually did it for the other left-leaning guys in case they thought he MIGHT have had a point. He has been on ignore since I told you he was. And it will stay that way. I gave him more than enough chances to debate rationally.

Discussing politics with him is like discussing calculus with someone who adamantly believes that no matter what anyone else says, 2+2=5 in his world. It's an excercise in futility. I'll admit you figured that out much faster than I did.
    High praise coming from a neo.

How do you know you're a true liberal?

When you are personally attacks because of your liberal philosophy.

and

When you rationally explain your point of view to a neo they just ignore it(Put you on ignore).

Anyway I have a lot of company!

Politicians putting on tinfoil hats to join the demand for proof of Obama eligibility.

Expert says posted image of birth record is a forgery.

Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Expert says posted image of birth record is a forgery.
    "Experts" say lots of things. You'll find a lot more "experts" out there who'll tell you that 9/11 was an inside job than those who'll tell you Obama isn't a citizen. And the fact that this particular "expert" (I use the singular because there's only one actually mentioned; the use of phrases like "experts say..." in the article is trash journalism) hides behind a fake name, voice, and face as a supposed security precaution on a story few people really care about only indicates that trusting in him is a dubious proposition. Seriously, the man is basically saying "you can't accept this document because it's a reproduction posted online, but you should accept everything I say because I post it anonymously online." Give me a couple of days and a video camera and I'll be an "expert" too on whatever you like.

Now, personally, I don't really give a sh!t about the issue. He's very probably a natural-born citizen, and on the off-chance that he's not, honestly, enforcing the law (which would entail running a new election and nullifying EVERYTHING he's done since entering office) would at this point do much more damage to the country than not. And, unless this ever gets some traction with the major news media, it will remain a somewhat amusing curiosity and little more. I just don't like seeing people passing off trash journalism as the real deal, especially given the pounding the the journalist's craft is already taking in our society.
    When you stop growing you start dying.

Who knew William Gates was our Secretary of Defense? I didn't. I thought he ran Microsoft. Oh wait, the Secretary of Defense is Robert Gates. Someone better tell this breaking news to Obama. Or maybe he forgot how to read a Teleprompter.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/2...william-gates/
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Because it worked so well the first time...

Looks like GMAC gets another $7.5 billion. They already got $6 billion, and that didn't fix it.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/21/auto...ion=2009052119

Remember; the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over, yet expecting a different result.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Who knew William Gates was our Secretary of Defense? I didn't. I thought he ran Microsoft. Oh wait, the Secretary of Defense is Robert Gates. Someone better tell this breaking news to Obama. Or maybe he forgot how to read a Teleprompter.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/2...william-gates/
    Of course! Democratic president are not allowed to misspeak.

The problem is that if you had some highly polished talking machine who never made a mistake he would be cricitized as being too perfect.

In any case I never understood the teleprompter thing.....I guess neos don't use them. For me this is as silly as when the neos jumped on Obama during the campaign by suggesting that to save gas we check the air in our tires. McCain's staff handed out tire guages........

Anything to pull the average American's mind off the real issues I guess.

I'm wondering if he'll ever beat Fmr. Pres. Bush's gynecologist remark. A classic! I've been in a lot of briefings, and this stuff happens. It can be very VERY funny.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I'm wondering if he'll ever beat Fmr. Pres. Bush's gynecologist remark. A classic! I've been in a lot of briefings, and this stuff happens. It can be very VERY funny.
    What happened there?

My favorite military briefing moment was when General Honore told that reporter he was "stuck on stupid".

You guys are just unbelievable. You can't pick and choose which laws you follow and which you ignore. No wonder Bush got away with his crap. Talk about an apathetic population. "Oh, it's just too much trouble adhering to the law now so let's just drop the whole thing."

You can bet that Obama is banking on that attitude. This should have been addressed when it first came up BEFORE the election instead of all the stalling and legal maneuvers.

And regardless of what experts say, or whether they really are experts, a digital graphic (easily modified) is NOT sufficient evidence especially for something this important.

He's a Constitutional scholar and knows full well what he's doing is unlawful. Bush trashed "that god**** piece of paper" every chance he had and Obama is putting the final nail in the coffin of the Constitution and you guys think it's ok.

You all should be deported. Either swear and oath (some of you already have) to support and defend the Constitution or get the hell out.

You guys are just unbelievable. You can't pick and choose which laws you follow and which you ignore. No wonder Bush got away with his crap. Talk about an apathetic population. "Oh, it's just too much trouble adhering to the law now so let's just drop the whole thing."

You can bet that Obama is banking on that attitude. This should have been addressed when it first came up BEFORE the election instead of all the stalling and legal maneuvers.

And regardless of what experts say, or whether they really are experts, a digital graphic (easily modified) is NOT sufficient evidence especially for something this important.

He's a Constitutional scholar and knows full well what he's doing is unlawful. Bush trashed "that god**** piece of paper" every chance he had and Obama is putting the final nail in the coffin of the Constitution and you guys think it's ok.

You all should be deported. Either swear and oath (some of you already have) to support and defend the Constitution or get the hell out.
    You need help, Lee Harvey.
    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
    John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned to walk forward.
    [info][add][mail]
    Franklin D. Roosevelt (1882 - 1945)

You, sir, evidently mistake me for a patriot. However, and fortunately for those of us who don't share your rather extreme point of view, living in a relatively free society entails, in part, not actually being required to be patriotic in that fashion.

Personally, I don't particularly care about the constitution in and of itself. I care about people not getting screwed over. The former is only important inasmuch as it prevents the latter, in my eyes. Not a take I expect others to share, just my personal POV.

And in any case, failing to enforce laws when doing so would be more trouble and/or more damaging to the society those laws are supposedly enacted to protect is a standard procedure from the local to the federal level of law enforcement.

This is all, of course, beside the point, as the effort to prove Obama isn't a natural-born citizen remains less developed than the effort to prove 9/11 was an inside job, and as such, merits an equivalent degree of attention; ie, little to none.
    When you stop growing you start dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap View Post
    Personally, I don't particularly care about the constitution in and of itself. I care about people not getting screwed over. The former is only important inasmuch as it prevents the latter, in my eyes. Not a take I expect others to share, just my personal POV.
    That is exactly what the Constitution was written for, to make sure people don't get screwed over.

Look at all the rights it gave the people; freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom to own firearms, freedom to assemble peaceably, right to be judged by a jury and no double-jeopardy, etc.

It says repeatedly what Government 'shall not' do, yet NEVER says 'the people' 'shall not'. It also made the Federal government quite weak, sadly that's been whittled away for decades and thus we are in the mess we are in now.

It says repeatedly what Government 'shall not' do, yet NEVER says 'the people' 'shall not'. It also made the Federal government quite weak, sadly that's been whittled away for decades and thus we are in the mess we are in now.
    Dam shame ain't it?

I guess we should go back to the time when government did not interfere in no one's life...Like in the great depression where if you had no money you were F'd! Government was not there to help no one...or maybe in the 50s/60s in the south with the "White's only" waiting room and the dam feds sure as hell wasn't going to tell them they had to let a N vote! That's when state rights were respected!

And what's all of the fed interference with private companies.....No reason food producers should be burdened with all of these strict laws to keep our food safe....what the hell is up with that?

Can't wait to see Obama's choice for supreme court. My guess is that he'll cave in and name a moderate conservative.

In any case it doesn't matter who he picks every member of the GOP in the senate will vote against the candidate. Sad really. Of course the court should have balance. With the most liberal member of the court leaving he should be replaced by another liberal.

Also,

I heard Obama say today that the nuclear test made by North Korea was "illegal".... I don't think that North Korea falls under the jurisdiction of US law...and as far as any type of international law goes I think North Korea respects it about as much as the US.

I think the US should practice what they preach. If they don't want other countries to have nukes they should get rid of their own.