And I don't recall the media or anyone else REALLY vetting or examining the bona fides of Bush Appointees...except obvious birds nests on the ground like Harriet Meirs.

They even believed Roberts and Alito... They did NOT raise a fuss when Bush and Cheney refused to testify under oath and separately...

But I would say that a good chunk of both sides of the aisle have undisclosed tax issues...and then there may be the issues of hiring undocumented workers for things like home and child care.... that one has also caught both sides....and both issues are simply reflections of what a significant part of the US population that makes above a certain amount of money do.

I have friends that are easily in the $200+ K a year income level. Generally, they pay a person to do their taxes and would probably NOT come out unscathed in the event of an audit...and they HAVE used undocumented workers for home care work.... not now...but in the past. and they are cleaner than many of the folks I know in that income bracket....