Page 68 of 243 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3641

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post
    Too bad...missing out on family guy
    hahaha!! you know... my girlfriends brother forgot the DVD series here on accident and i did stick it in to watch it, as funny as it was, this is exactly the crap that i am talking about that fills peoples heads. i only watched it once and that was more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baqualin View Post
    I would love for Mr. neolib to say it to my sons face.
    BQ

At least Simon, David and others show a lot of intelligence and bring up good points in their post.
    I'll express my political views to anyone and have on many occasions. And it does not surprise me that a threat of violence comes from people like you.

I've seen your ilk. I've done a few protest in my time and your kind are always on the sides in a group of 4-5 yelling every name in the book. After they get through with the name calling against you and your family when it the "Come over here and say it to my face" of course they are always in a group.........that's almost as bad as doing it on the internet. The best conbatant I've seen for that is a friend of mine would protest and carry a professional style movie camera. Man when you point that camera towards the Neos Hands go up in front of the faces and they head for the hills!
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 03-09-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Calling you a piece of garbage is an insult to garbage everywhere.

Hy Bad I don't know if you are on Facebook or not but I bet they would love you on this group.

I'm not currently in Facebook but I'm thinking of signing up for some of these great groups!
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 03-09-2009 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Oil? Are you talking about Afghanistan?
    Afghanistan is about a natural gas pipeline that UNOCAL wanted to put through from Turkmenistan to Pakistan. Although some members of Al Quaeda were there the Taliban (I think this bears repeating) were willing to turn in any they actually could get a hold of rather than go to war.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Exadon View Post
    Too bad...missing out on family guy
    I have a friend who's big time into these adult cartoons. Went over to his house and watched three hours of this thing called "The Venture Bros".....I never really saw the attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Even if the motivation for pursuing him for his misdeeds was political, even if it was because of the incendiary things Churchill says specifically, trying to avoid dismissal for plagiarism on a freedom of speech basis is about as valid as applying for tenure while lying by claiming to be a member of a minority ethnicity.

These standards are so standard that the entire academic community (apparently excluding Churchill) knows them in and out before the end of the first semester of their BA.

They are this:

NEVER CLAIM ANOTHER PERSON'S WORDS AS YOUR OWN. ALWAYS REFERENCE THE NAME OF THE SOURCE OF THE QUOTATION AND THE LOCATION THAT THE QUOTATION WAS DRAWN FROM.

You made it everybody's business by posting about the d@mn plagiarist on a public thread.

That's a particularly noxious form of academic fraud.
    Well I guess we'll see...won't we? By the way you just accused Ward of all kinds of things without "sourcing" anything. Doesn't the standard apply to you?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    hahaha!! you know... my girlfriends brother forgot the DVD series here on accident and i did stick it in to watch it, as funny as it was, this is exactly the crap that i am talking about that fills peoples heads. i only watched it once and that was more than enough for me.

I don't know...unless you are 2 years old and have a brain of a sponge (sorry sponge bob) then you should be able to have your brain filter out the "crap".

And if you are 2 years old (or have a sponge brain) then the Internet is a far worse place then the news. With all the conspiracy theories floating around about everything from bigfoot to anal prob aliens

oh did I mention family guy is not crap? But yeah the Internet has just as many biased/controlled sources of information as Fox news / msnbc and so on.

EDIT: but I agree , at least with the internet you have more choices of where to get your information from.
    Last edited by Exadon; 03-09-2009 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I have a friend who's big time into these adult cartoons. Went over to his house and watched three hours of this thing called "The Venture Bros".....I never really saw the attraction.
    The Venture Brothers is not the same type of "Adult cartoon" as family guy in the least. Those of use who have seen both would know.

Family guy has clever humor that pokes fun at all religions/races/stereotypes/public media/ and so on from the perspective of an over weight under educated middle class American and his dysfunctional family

Venture brothers is a parity of Johnny Quest cartoons

It's so funny watching you completely embarrass yourself trying to defend that plagiarizing poseur.

And remember, all that lying he did. He did it for $$$$$$.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    Even if the motivation for pursuing him for his misdeeds was political, even if it was because of the incendiary things Churchill says specifically, trying to avoid dismissal for plagiarism on a freedom of speech basis is about as valid as applying for tenure while lying by claiming to be a member of a minority ethnicity.
    This post never gets old.

Excellent post, Simon.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Back to the other liar

"An August 2006 poll conducted by FOX News/Opinion Dynamics showed 51 percent of Democrats did not want Bush to succeed. Thirty-four percent of independents also did not want Bush to succeed."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...ted-bush-fail/

Where was all the liberal outrage then?

IAnd remember, all that lying he did. He did it for $$$$$$.
    Shows what you know about Ward.

To start with, According to you he's in good company, Obama, Clinton and Churchill.....all lying MFers!

Finally Ward is a very modest man who is not the least interested in money. If he had the kind of money you think he does most of it would be donated to deserving charities.

Quote Originally Posted by Luk Hop View Post
    The offending editorial cartoon which depicts two police officers standing over a now dead and bloodied Travis. One of the officers states: “They’ll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill.”
    Wow... that's REALLY racist.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

"An August 2006 poll conducted by FOX News/Opinion Dynamics showed 51 percent of Democrats did not want Bush to succeed. Thirty-four percent of independents also did not want Bush to succeed."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...ted-bush-fail/

Where was all the liberal outrage then?
    Several things here: Notice they did not link the original study. Somehow I sincere doubt the question that was asked was: "Do you want the president to fail?'

By the way, liberals don't do "outrage". Everyone I know was laughing and saying they hoped Limpy kept it up!

That doesn't make a lick of sense. Why would the CIA overthrow an American puppet they had put in office in the first place and install a fundamentalist Islamic cleric.
    Here is what really happened:

The shah was going down. The majority opinion of the state department was that balkanizing the middle east would help fight the soviets. The americans assumed that a religious government in Iran would be unlikely to ally with godless communists.

So they cut off support to the Shah.

It wasn't that he was actively overthrown by US interests. They just stood aside and let him fall.

Then it turned out that the guys who overthrew the Shah really hated the USA and would most likely back the soviets. So the USA amped up support for Iraq. This gave Saddam Hussein (who really DOES have CIA ties) access to a massive amount of weaponry. Things went peechy until the impression throughout the middle east (particularly among Arab populations, remember Iran is primarily Persian) that the USA was propping up Israel and were thus enemies. This put Saddam in a position of either risking his rulership or cutting ties with the USA. So he cut ties.

And then... he invaded Kuwait in a shameless grab for more money (you know because he cut his ties to the USA)... and the rest is recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Osama Bin Laden
    I have a numbe of muslim friends. Many of them have some... issues with the USA. And every single one of them wishes OBL would just die already (if he hasn't...)

Well I guess we'll see...won't we? By the way you just accused Ward of all kinds of things without "sourcing" anything. Doesn't the standard apply to you?
    1) This is not an academic article, it is a posting on a forum. Citation rules don't apply.

2) I derive no profit from my posting here.

3) I attributed all quoted material not in the public domain to the person who said it without malice or subterfuge.
    Last edited by SimonM; 03-09-2009 at 11:11 AM.
    Simon McNeil