Page 101 of 243 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3641

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Seeing the President crack jokes about the Special Olympics was a disgrace.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Seeing the President crack jokes about the Special Olympics was a disgrace.
    where you pulling that from?

oh, and here's a change, He's the first sitting POTUS to go on the Tonight Show.

This guy clearly deems it important to connect to the american people, if you can't see the change in that , then you are blind. period.

and no, it' not this one example. Obama has been more transparent by far than his predecessors.

He doesn't hide from the media and takes on all comers and speaks to all critics. Unlike the previous administration who acted like a bundles of snakes and cowards most of the time.

He's decidedly moderate and non-partisan.

I'm liking this guy more everyday. Especially when he makes that creep glen beck cry like the little fat white haired girl that he is. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thank you.

As to the inheritance tax, I look at as taxing the dead. That's my opinion and how I feel about it.

Also, not every estate is taxed. If it's under a certain amount, there is no tax. So it is also unfair to larger estates. I feel taxes should apply to ALL people, not just "The Rich".
    I'd be in favour of extending estate tax into a graduated system along the lines of other income taxes and bringing it into play on smaller estates.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    where you pulling that from?
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/
    http://primetime.tv.yahoo.com/
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/...ecial_olympics
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/firs...-bowling-joke/

Do you not pay attention to the news?

Oh yeah, he's already had to apologize for it.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    I'd be in favour of extending estate tax into a graduated system along the lines of other income taxes and bringing it into play on smaller estates.
    Well keep in mind 40% don't pay any income taxes. So I don't consider that fair either.

The problem I have with certain people not having to pay taxes others do, is that they can vote to raise other people's taxes, while they don't even have to pay any themselves.

oh, and here's a change, He's the first sitting POTUS to go on the Tonight Show.

This guy clearly deems it important to connect to the american people, if you can't see the change in that , then you are blind. period.
    You point being?

So it's ok in your book to make jokes about the handicapped, simply because its 'change'?

I wonder when Bush will apologize for all the dead Iraqis.

Talk about focusing on the unimportant.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If the 40% who don't pay income taxes have an income small enough that they would need to seek assistance (and would thus be subject to the pursuant bureaucracy with associated costs to the state and ultimately the tax payers) than it is logical that their income taxes would be low to negligible.

And the special olympics thing is largely irrelevant. It was a gaffe, he recognized the gaffe and appologized for it.

So it falls under the category of "so what?"
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

I'm sure he has...on numberous occasions.

It's kinda of like Star Trek: "We're on a peaceful mission. Phazers on kill."

In fact Bush was extremely good about stuff like that. Remeber Katrina.

Anyway as far as the Special Olympics comment goes:

Bad has latched on to that now. That will be the official tag line on all his post for the next six months.

You'll have tio admit they're not very good when it comes to things like sports!

From the very same article

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    more change we can believe in...

full article... http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=12705
    However it is not known what President Obama himself thinks about the idea, since he never commented on it in public.

Experts doubt radical NATO reform

The idea is unlikely to find much support, as both countries that would be invited to a Concert of Democracies and even present-day NATO members may see it as a US-dominated club and be reluctant to join it, Viktor Mizin, a political analyst from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations, told RT.

“I doubt that countries like Australia, South Korea or Japan for that matter would rush to support future military operation both financially and militarily,” he said.
    Reading is fundamental.
    Simon McNeil

It's not his job too.

Did FDR have to apologize for all the dead Germans and Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    You'll have tio admit they're not very good when it comes to things like sports!
    Talk about a new low.

At least they aren't stupid enough to think some lying white dude is a full-blooded Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    If the 40% who don't pay income taxes have an income small enough that they would need to seek assistance (and would thus be subject to the pursuant bureaucracy with associated costs to the state and ultimately the tax payers) than it is logical that their income taxes would be low to negligible.
    That's true. But if everyone had to pay SOMETHING, it would be more fair than the system we have now where ~40% pay NOTHING.

That's one thing that the Founding Fathers feared. They knew if people found out they could just vote themselves money, their immorality could destroy this great nation.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Last edited by 1bad65; 03-20-2009 at 10:10 AM.