Page 51 of 243 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: does obama bring change?

Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Don't take my word for it. Don't take SLF's word for it.

Let's see what Rush himself said:

"I want Obama to fail in being successful with his economic plan."
    What are you trying to prove here? That Rush has been stating that he wants his economic plan to fail but not his whole presidency.

Don't take my word for it! Don't take 1bad65's word for it!

Let's hear what Rush himself says in this next clip at 2:10 and then again at 4:05

"I hope he fails."
    "I can answer them in four words, I hope he fails."
    Obama: “If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increase a single dime. I repeat: not one single dime.”

Did I miss the part where Obama said this promise only applied to income and/or payroll taxes?
    When he said that he was referring to income taxes. How would that statement apply to taxes that everybody will have to pay across the board? I swear to God, it's like watching a commercial for a bad movies with you. They'll always take things that critics say out of context and splash them across the screen. It'll say, "Stupendous!" when the critic actually said, "What a stupendous flop!"
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

From CNN’s Jack Cafferty:

As the stock market continues to drop, President Obama is running out of people to blame, according to an editorial in the Wall Street Journal.

Before the president took office, in early January, the stock market was over 9,000 its highest level since last fall. But in the last two months, it has dropped 25% to its lowest level since 1997. It closed today with a gain of 150 points.

The Journal suggests that Mr. Obama’s policies are slowing, if not stopping, what would be a normal economic recovery. “From punishing business to squandering scarce national public resources, Team Obama is creating more uncertainty and less confidence,” said the editorial.

The editorial takes issue with the way much of the administration’s stimulus spending went to social programs rather than public works, how the Treasury has been managing the bank bailout plan, and how tax cuts were devoted to income maintenance rather than giving incentives to work or invest.

The Journal also points out how the market took a dive after the President announced his budget. The paper called it a “declaration of hostility toward capitalists across the economy.”

The editorial suggests Democrats benefit from blaming all bad economic news on President Bush,
    and there’s a new poll out that shows Americans kind of agree with that. The NBC/Wall Street Journal poll shows 84% of those surveyed say this is an economy Mr. Obama inherited and two-thirds of those people think he has at least a year before he becomes responsible for it.

By the way — this poll also shows the president’s favorability rating at an all-time high and the Republicans at an all-time low.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

SLF, please post the entire paragraph, not just one sentence.

You know, like I did.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Maybe if you drown a girl, you can get an honorary knighthood yourself.
    Oh, this is my favorite part where I get to do a character assassination of Republicans.

How 'bout those real family values. Like when Newt Gingrich gave his wife divorce papers while she was on her deathbed and McCain also deserted his loyal navy wife who was in a wheelchair.

Speaking of McCain, after being captured he didn't just relinquish classified information to the enemy, he sang! He told them, straight up that he was Admiral John S. McCain's son. After that the North Vietnamese realized they had a valuable prisoner and he was treated like a prince. Way to break under pressure and betray your country John!

And Nixon! Well...do I really need to extrapolate on him?

Oh, and how 'bout when George Bush senior bailed out of his Gruman Avenger torpedo bomber to save himself while his two crewmen died a horrible death. A tail gunner with an unobstructed view said that he didn't even see smoke coming from Bush's plane and that it was still flying. He could've attempted a landing, but when the chips are down, save your own skin!
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 03-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.
    The three components of combat are 1) Speed, 2) Guts and 3) Techniques. All three components must go hand in hand. One component cannot survive without the others." (WJM - June 14, 1974)

Quote Originally Posted by Siu Lum Fighter View Post
    When he said that he was referring to income taxes. How would that statement apply to taxes that everybody will have to pay across the board?
    Can you show me where he used the word "income"?

Also, increasing an existing tax is a tax increase. Creating a new tax is a tax increase. Is this news to you?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You're garbage

Slandering a man because of politics is low.

Like when Newt Gingrich gave his wife divorce papers while she was on her deathbed....
    This is not true. They discussed divorce while she was at the hospital. She was never served any papers while in the hospital.

Speaking of McCain, after being captured he didn't just relinquish classified information to the enemy, he sang! He told them, straight up that he was Admiral John S. McCain's son. After that the North Vietnamese realized they had a valuable prisoner and he was treated like a prince. Way to break under pressure and betray your country John!
    This is also not true.

What classified info did he relinquish?

Actually, once they found out who he was (on their own), he was offered a release. McCain refused until all those imprisoned before him were freed, which is the policy POWs are taught to adhere to.

Oh, and how 'bout when George Bush senior bailed out of his Gruman Avenger torpedo bomber to save himself while his two crewmen died a horrible death. Other pilots said that it looked like he could've attempted a landing, but when the chips are down, save your own skin!
    This is also not true.

Do you have any links to prove these assertions?

Here is the truth on George H W Bush's Avenger being shot down:

"During their attack, four TBM Avengers from VT-51 encountered intense antiaircraft fire. While starting the attack, Bush's aircraft was hit and his engine caught on fire. He completed his attack and released the bombs over his target scoring several damaging hits. With his engine on fire, Bush flew several miles from the island, where he and one other crew member on the TBM Avenger bailed out of the aircraft. However, the other man's chute did not open and he fell to his death. It was never determined which man bailed out with Bush. Both Delaney and White were killed in action. While Bush anxiously waited four hours in his inflated raft, several fighters circled protectively overhead until he was rescued by the lifeguard submarine, USS Finback. For this action, Bush received the Distinguished Flying Cross. During the month he remained on Finback, Bush participated in the rescue of other pilots."

Source:
    http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq10-1.htm

Yes, my link was the OFFICIAL story:

DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
    805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
    WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

The worst character assassination I've seen from the Neo is what they did to Max Cleland down in Georgia. Then they did the same thing to John Kerry during the election. Add to that such thing as a pre-teen Chelsea Clinton looks like a dog, Hillary Clinton is a lesbian.........and many more.

Politics aside, sooner or later most Americans get their fill of smearing someone's reputation.

Now let's set the record straight on your lies about Newt Gingrich:

"His first marriage, to his former high school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley, ended in divorce in 1981. Although Gingrich has said he doesn't remember it, Battley has said Gingrich discussed divorce terms with her while she was recuperating in the hospital from cancer surgery."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258001,00.html

Notice his wife said it was discussed during her 'recuperation', and she does not mention any papers being served in the hospital.

You said she was on her "deathbed", but can you show what year she died? Is she still alive?

Also, what's this stuff going on with Al Franken and Norm Coleman? Franken was elected 4 months ago. A court challenge can go on for years are they just going to say that Minnesota will not get a senator?

Now Coleman is asking for another election......

I know Al wants to serve in the senate but to be honest if they are going to try up the seat forever in the courts then he should just let Coleman have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Now let's set the record straight on your lies about Newt Gingrich:

"His first marriage, to his former high school geometry teacher, Jackie Battley, ended in divorce in 1981. Although Gingrich has said he doesn't remember it, Battley has said Gingrich discussed divorce terms with her while she was recuperating in the hospital from cancer surgery."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258001,00.html

Notice his wife said it was discussed during her 'recuperation', and she does not mention any papers being served in the hospital.

You said she was on her "deathbed", but can you show what year she died? Is she still alive?
    I could really care less about Gingrich. He is now a political non-entity.

The truth is he just up and quit and said I'm outta here. One wonders why. I'm quessing it was "quit now or something you don't won't to be made public will be released."

As to McCain using his father's name for preferntial treatment; within 2 days of his capture, both The New York Times and The Washington Post (among many others) printed the story that Admiral McCain's son had been captured in a bombing raid. That is how the North Vietnamese knew who he was.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/washingt...&FMT=ABS&FMTS=

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/package...f/19671028.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I could really care less about Gingrich. He is now a political non-entity.
    That does not give people a free pass to make up lies about the man.

Slandering a man because of politics is low.
    I know, you're right, I never see Republicans doing that.
    This is not true. They discussed divorce while she was at the hospital. She was never served any papers while in the hospital.
    Show me definitive proof that pretty much every article I've read on this is wrong. That she was handed divorce papers while she was on her deathbed. And what would be the difference anyway? The man's a scumbag.
    This is also not true.

What classified info did he relinquish?

Actually, once they found out who he was (on their own), he was offered a release. McCain refused until all those imprisoned before him were freed, which is the policy POWs are taught to adhere to.
    Just by telling them that he was an admirals son is tantamount to treason. Ideally POW's aren't supposed to tell the enemy anything. He gave them a bargaining chip and, from what I heard, there is testimony that John McCain told the N. Vietnamese that he was Admiral McCain's son.
    Since it seems like your full-time job to post Democrat and liberal slandering rhetoric on this thread, I didn't get a chance to revise my earlier comment with further details...
    Oh, and how 'bout when George Bush senior bailed out of his Gruman Avenger torpedo bomber to save himself while his two crewmen died a horrible death. A tail gunner with an unobstructed view said that he didn't even see smoke coming from Bush's plane and that it was still flying. He could've attempted a landing, but when the chips are down, save your own skin!
    It was rear turret gunner, Chester Mierzejewksi who saw the whole thing. This is from the The Unauthorized Biography of George Bush (because, of course, George would never authorize anyone coming out with the truth about him):

The only person who has ever claimed to have seen Bush's plane get hit, and to have seen it hit the water, is Chester Mierzejewksi, who was the rear turret gunner in the aircraft flown by Squadron Commander Douglas Melvin. During 1987-88, Mierzejewksi became increasingly indignant as he watched Bush repeat his canonical account of how he was shot down. Shortly before the Republican National Convention in 1988, Mierzekewski, by then a 68 year old retired aircraft foreman living in Cheshire, Connecticut, decided to tell his story to Allan Wolper and Al Ellenberg of the New York Post, which printed it as a copyrighted article. [8]

"That guy is not telling the truth," Mierzejewski said of Bush...

Mierzejewki, who is also a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross, told the New York Post that he saw "a puff of smoke" come out of Bush's plane and quickly dissipate. He asserted that after that there was no more smoke visible, that Bush's "plane was never on fire" and that "no smoke came out of his ****pit when he opened his canopy to bail out." Mierzejewski stated that only one man ever got out of the Barbara II, and that was Bush himself. "I was hoping I would see some other parachutes. I never did. I saw the plane go down. I knew the guys were still in it. It was a helpless feeling."

Mierzejewski has long been troubled by the notion that Bush's decision to parachute from his damaged aircraft might have cost the lives of Radioman second class John Delaney, a close friend of Mierzejewksy, as well as gunner Lt. Junior Grade William White. 'I think [Bush] could have saved those lives, if they were alive. I don't know that they were, but at least they had a chance if he had attempted a water landing,'" Mierzejewski told the New York Post.

http://killtown.911review.org/bushbio/chapter6.html
    Last edited by Siu Lum Fighter; 03-04-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That does not give people a free pass to make up lies about the man.

You mean like what was done with Max Cleland and John Kerry? Why don't we throw in Hillary Clinton while we're at it.