Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The economy is really getting bad

The economy is really getting bad

Nancy Pelosi says 500 million Americans lose their jobs every month:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8hMJVXt09E

Yet the United States current population is only a little over 300 million:

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

And idiots like her are going to be the ones fixing our economy?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

dont know about the economy,

but i know my mum is struggling to feed us and not be broke so the rest of the world must be takin it pretty hard
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Get a job, Fred.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Get a job, Fred.
    i'm at college

and i'm joining the army

whaddya want

until you join the army, you need to fight in underground death matches and use the prize money to buy food for the family.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    until you join the army, you need to fight in underground death matches and use the prize money to buy food for the family.
    just remember, never back down.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    LOL, I was thinking more a paper round. But that can be a tough discipline... getting up in the morning come rain come shine, avoiding the dogs and the ol' biatches, finding the quickest route to the next door (parkour-shmarkour), big heavy bag...

Fred, I was only winding you up, but...

get a job!

You're in college? I made the mistake of not working except in hols in uni and I'm still paying. You're going to join the army? So you're going to have some money? Yeah, I'm going to have some money one day.

I worked since 14, and was paying rent to my folks (my decision) from... 14.
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

ahahaha amazing

LOL, I was thinking more a paper round. But that can be a tough discipline... getting up in the morning come rain come shine, avoiding the dogs and the ol' biatches, finding the quickest route to the next door (parkour-shmarkour), big heavy bag...

Fred, I was only winding you up, but...

get a job!

You're in college? I made the mistake of not working except in hols in uni and I'm still paying. You're going to join the army? So you're going to have some money? Yeah, I'm going to have some money one day.

I worked since 14, and was paying rent to my folks (my decision) from... 14.
    getting a job is easier said than done when everyones getting laid off!

and how mcuh rent were you paying at 14 realistically ahah 50p

Can't remember... but I think I was making 32 quid at 14 (paper round), and seem to remember paying 15... in those days it was more than now (we're talking over 20 years ago). Plus, and this is the important point that a lot of people don't seem to realise about economics and finance on a personal level, 15 quid a week to my parents was more than 0 quid a week. That means it's an improvement.

Let's put it another way, pal, if someone offered you 15 quid a week would you say, "No, thank you that's worth nothing!"?!

Plus they could stop paying my pocket money, and I started buying my own clothes, supplementing the food shopping and could even buy my own beer - not that my parents would've bought me that anyway (what can I say - I wasn't as wholesome a youth as you ).

Can't remember... but I think I was making 32 quid at 14 (paper round), and seem to remember paying 15... in those days it was more than now (we're talking over 20 years ago). Plus, and this is the important point that a lot of people don't seem to realise about economics and finance on a personal level, 15 quid a week to my parents was more than 0 quid a week. That means it's an improvement.

Let's put it another way, pal, if someone offered you 15 quid a week would you say, "No, thank you that's worth nothing!"?!

Plus they could stop paying my pocket money, and I started buying my own clothes, supplementing the food shopping and could even buy my own beer - not that my parents would've bought me that anyway (what can I say - I wasn't as wholesome a youth as you ).
    i'm sure they would have

plenty of my friends parents supply them with alcohol! ahah

i can see the sense in paying your parents rent at least its going straight into food your eating

Blog Entries
    There was a house in Pismo Beach, California that has excellent ocean view and worth for $3,000,000 and sold for $1,600,000. Did Donald Trump say this is the best time to invest because everything is so cheap? This just remind me an old Chinese joke (野人献曝) that one day a barbarian went to the palace and suggested to the Chinese emperor that "Staying under the sun can keep your body warm." Donald Trump's comment was just from the opposite extreme.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 02-04-2009 at 08:31 PM.

We seem to be doing alright...but we're evil, right?
    A unique snowflake

500 million?

man, you DO have an immigration problem down there!

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    500 million?

man, you DO have an immigration problem down there!

Nah, every business just has a really high turnover rate.