Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is our fault

This is our fault

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...ral/index.html

Anyone who buys and uses illegal narcotics is funding the destruction of our Southern neighbor.

Even if 'Pot' was legalized, there is no way one can argue legalization for other dangerous narcotics.

American narcissism is destroying Mexico.

****es me off, it does...
    www.kungnation.com

Pre-order Kung! Twisted Barbarian Felony from your favorite comic shop!

Even if 'Pot' was legalized, there is no way one can argue legalization for other dangerous narcotics.

if we legalise drugs

we control the potency

we make a fortune

save a fortune on policing it and the crime that results from it

and the workers who make the stuff dont have to live in fear of armed reprisal if they dont do well in fact the worers will prosper from legalisation

you might argue hey these drugs are dangerous
    well SO WHAT its peoples choice to or not to do it, its THEIR lives and alcohol kills more peopel a year anyway

legalizing opium would cut groups like al quaeda and the talibans funding right from under them and thus their ability to make war

and the southern aemrcian continent would prosper free from corruption

as long as your choice doesnt affect other people directly the government should have no say in what you do or dont do

the only reason alot of countrys dont want legalisation is because they cant monopolise it quickly if it was
    simple
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

everything should be legal so that it can be taxed and controlled and taken out of the hands of criminals.

not everyone smokes cigarettes, and not everyone drinks so the arguments that it would decay society fall flat on it's face. many if not most people can't be bothered with recreational drug use of any kind.

i have heard more than one LEO and even some of considerable rank advocate this position.

i think it's not all legal because someone...who is getting very rich off of it, is the same someone who lobbies for drugs to remain illegal.

legislating out of fear of the unknown is rank stupidity.
    just legalize it all.

/rant
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I read somewhere that the fiercest lobbyists against legalization came from the alcohol and tobacco companies, for fear of competition over customers. Don't have any idea if that's actually accurate, and it was a long time ago I read this in any case, just throwing it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Tap View Post
    I read somewhere that the fiercest lobbyists against legalization came from the alcohol and tobacco companies, for fear of competition over customers. Don't have any idea if that's actually accurate, and it was a long time ago I read this in any case, just throwing it out there.
    i wouldnt doubt that for a second.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

IF you want to know about weed and the criminalization of it. " The Emperor wears no clothes" is the book you want to read

Humboldt county just get your ganj from there. Things criss.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    everything should be legal so that it can be taxed and controlled and taken out of the hands of criminals.

not everyone smokes cigarettes, and not everyone drinks so the arguments that it would decay society fall flat on it's face. many if not most people can't be bothered with recreational drug use of any kind.

i have heard more than one LEO and even some of considerable rank advocate this position.

i think it's not all legal because someone...who is getting very rich off of it, is the same someone who lobbies for drugs to remain illegal.

legislating out of fear of the unknown is rank stupidity.
    just legalize it all.

/rant

Where would you draw the line?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Where would you draw the line?
    Why should there be a line? This is America, where freedom of choice is supposed to be a God-given right.

If you want to get addicted to cigarettes, that's your choice.
    If you want to get addicted to alcohol, that's your choice.
    If you want to get addicted to heroin, that's your choice.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Why should there be a line? This is America, where freedom of choice is supposed to be a God-given right.

If you want to get addicted to cigarettes, that's your choice.
    If you want to get addicted to alcohol, that's your choice.
    If you want to get addicted to heroin, that's your choice.
    tricky slope dude, very tricky.

tricky slope dude, very tricky.
    No trickier than alcohol or cigarettes. Make the mandatory age for use 21, then tax the industry to generate income for public education against the use of those products.

It's not the governments job to tell me what I can do to my body. They can warn me of the consequences, though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

No trickier than alcohol or cigarettes. Make the mandatory age for use 21, then tax the industry to generate income for public education against the use of those products.

It's not the governments job to tell me what I can do to my body.
    Its not their job to take care of your re-hab either, correct?

Its not their job to take care of your re-hab either, correct?
    Tax money from the industry can provide for re-hab and medical expenses, just like tabacco. The government already spends a sh1tload on rehabbing addicts anyway. Why not tax the industry to recoup your costs?

Tax money from the industry can provide for re-hab and medical expenses, just like tabacco.
    So it IS the governments responsibility?

So it IS the governments responsibility?
    No more so than it already it. Taxes can help pay for private rehab, but rehab should not be a public responsibility, which it currently is for most cases.

People are going to get high and get addicted, this is a fact right now. Let the drug makers pay for it out of their profits instead of me.

No more so than it already it. Taxes can help pay for private rehab, but rehab should not be a public responsibility, which it currently is for most cases.

People are going to get high and get addicted, this is a fact right now. Let the drug makers pay for it out of their profits instead of me.
    No issues with that at all.
    And you are quite correct, people are already getting addicted, better to make it a controlled substance and ENFORCE it as such.