Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship & Shark City Nationals

Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship & Shark City Nationals

On June 27th, 2009, Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship & Shark City Nationals will be held at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.

Tiger Claw is cooperating with KungFuMagazine.com, the official website of Kung Fu Tai Chi, and Tony & Theresa Kattengell of the Bay Area Sport Karate Association for an unprecedented tournament of Chinese Kung Fu and Wushu alongside Karate.

Watch www.KungFuMagazine.com for more details to come.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

It's on!

Does the winner get to fight Gene?
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

That would be a short fight.

Unfortunately, sanshou is illegal in California. There will be some BASKA point sparring, but that's all we can provide at this time.

Here's our official page. There's not much there yet, but stay tuned, more to come.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Leave to the left coast to make something fun illegal.

Hey any chance of KFM ever doing anything in the SW or SE US?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Sounds awesome! I may come just to watch...I will only be a yellow (or green) sash at the time of the tournament. It will be fun to watch though

Is continious sparring legal in CA?

If so, then why not just have "continious sparring" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

At this time, I beleive we're just doing point sparring.

We're focusing on forms in the traditional kung fu and modern wushu rings. Anyone who wants to spar can go mix it up with the Kajukenbo and Karate guys for points. The divisions will be announced very soon.

I should also mention that there will be some cash prizes.

More details are forthcoming.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Well given that these days I have transitioned over to becoming a forms dancer, I might seriously think about going to this one. And just throw in a visit with the family while I am in town. At least I won't need to rent a car or get a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Meanwhile, who's coming to our tournament?
    I would like to go...this would be my first tournament ever. So any details that could be provided on what to expect would be great.

Thanks for all the email inquiries everyone but I don't have more...yet

For updates, keep an eye on this thread and our site.

Here is the official site for Shark City Nationals. It is not quite updated for 2009 yet because we're still nailing down a few details. Integrating the Chinese styles into this event takes a little time, so please be patient. Also, for your reference, here's the site for Bay Area Sport Karate Association.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene

how come you guys dont do a tournament in the north east. its always florida

SL
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

yea, I was hoping to transfer that to the other thread...

SLL: You're confused. KungFuMagazine.com has never held a tournament. This is the first one ever.

You're getting confused with the Tiger Claw Elite Championships. No worries, you're not the only one. To try to clear the air, TCEC held the finals of that at the Disney Martial Arts Festival near Orlando. TCEC is on hiatus for 2009. The KungFuMagazine Championship is emerging out from that, based on our local TCEC event, but it's completely distinct. TCEC cooperated with RDK and an alliance of TKD masters to hold an annual Memorial Day Weekend event at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Since that's local, we could bring our full staff to it, as well as our many friends and colleagues here in the Bay Area. This year, we're taking the Chinese portion of TCEC and moving it up to Shark City Nationals, which is a large BASKA event. The San Jose McEnery Convention Center is a huge facility, enough to house us and Shark City side-by-side. It's in the heart of San Jose, in walking distance of SJ's finest clubs, theaters, museums and the light rail (Santa Clara Convention Center is in the middle of nowhere).
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

SLL: You're confused. KungFuMagazine.com has never held a tournament. This is the first one ever.

You're getting confused with the Tiger Claw Elite Championships. No worries, you're not the only one. To try to clear the air, TCEC held the finals of that at the Disney Martial Arts Festival near Orlando. TCEC is on hiatus for 2009. The KungFuMagazine Championship is emerging out from that, based on our local TCEC event, but it's completely distinct. TCEC cooperated with RDK and an alliance of TKD masters to hold an annual Memorial Day Weekend event at the Santa Clara Convention Center. Since that's local, we could bring our full staff to it, as well as our many friends and colleagues here in the Bay Area. This year, we're taking the Chinese portion of TCEC and moving it up to Shark City Nationals, which is a large BASKA event. The San Jose McEnery Convention Center is a huge facility, enough to house us and Shark City side-by-side. It's in the heart of San Jose, in walking distance of SJ's finest clubs, theaters, museums and the light rail (Santa Clara Convention Center is in the middle of nowhere).
    so basically you are saying its another big tkd, karate tournament?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

SLL, you're still confused...

....must be all the cross dressing.
    so basically you are saying its another big tkd, karate tournament?
    There won't be any TKD. The TKD group came from Tiger Claw.

We have this huge space at the SJ convention center. We're splitting it down the middle. Half will be for our championship, which is traditional kung fu and modern wushu. The other half will be Shark City Nationals (Karate).

I am a sad panda that I only get one mag every 2 months
    That's what the forum is for, Exadon. It's your print mag fix to hold you over while you're waiting. Once you sift through the trolls, which are akin to ads in print, every once in a while someone like lkfmdc lays some history on you.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That's what the forum is for, Exadon. It's your print mag fix to hold you over while you're waiting. Once you sift through the trolls, which are akin to ads in print, every once in a while someone like lkfmdc lays some history on you.
    Yup, I enjoy the forums. Crazy troll fun with a flavor of kung fu. And I am glad to have members like lkfmdc on board who knows their stuff. It helps newbs like me learn about history of Kung-fu in the USA and other useful information.

On a side note...readers don't like it when their is a female on the cover? What kind of crazy niche readers do we have here! I love watching females perform wushu / kung fu / tai chi / ect ... I'm just saying...

I know sanjuro_ronin would agree