Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship & Shark City Nationals

international?

Wu Bin is coming from Beijing. The Liangs are coming from Vancouver. How international do you want us to be, David?

But seriously, this is our first event like this ever, so we're a long way before we go international. We did the Tiger Claw Elite Championships, but that was all styles and a very different model. In fact, that's working against us a little since people are getting confused with last year's TCEC event here in the S.F. Bay Area at RDK. Last year's event, if you'll recall, culminated in Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims, which raised over $70,000 for Sichuan quake relief. Tiger Claw is still sponsoring RDK. Tiger Claw sponsors dozens of events every year. But we (meaning Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine) were only involved with RDK for TCEC. KFTC won't be involved with RDK, although they will run some Chinese divisions.

This year, Tiger Claw's KungFuMagazine.com Championship is connected to Shark City Nationals. Both RDK and Shark City are karate tournaments (thus the K in RDK - they're connected to the Gold Cup circuit). Shark City is BASKA (Bay Area Sport Karate Assn.). So they are two different leagues.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Wu Bin is coming from Beijing. The Liangs are coming from Vancouver. How international do you want us to be, David?

But seriously, this is our first event like this ever, so we're a long way before we go international. We did the Tiger Claw Elite Championships, but that was all styles and a very different model. In fact, that's working against us a little since people are getting confused with last year's TCEC event here in the S.F. Bay Area at RDK. Last year's event, if you'll recall, culminated in Martial Arts Benefit for Quake Victims, which raised over $70,000 for Sichuan quake relief. Tiger Claw is still sponsoring RDK. Tiger Claw sponsors dozens of events every year. But we (meaning Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine) were only involved with RDK for TCEC. KFTC won't be involved with RDK, although they will run some Chinese divisions.

This year, Tiger Claw's KungFuMagazine.com Championship is connected to Shark City Nationals. Both RDK and Shark City are karate tournaments (thus the K in RDK - they're connected to the Gold Cup circuit). Shark City is BASKA (Bay Area Sport Karate Assn.). So they are two different leagues.
    lol.

I mean sponsoring affiliate groups in other nations to promote the Tiger Claw foundation through the holding of tournaments and such just like what you have in the region you are in.

How many kungfu schools would jump on the chance to have a tiger claw tournament where they could win prizes and trophies consisting of goods from Tiger Claw.

You gotta stretch your head if you want the big money man.

I can think of a few people who run reputable schools who would love the association of their school to your magazine. It's just a matter of weeding out the suckage, finding the solid and making it happen.

Kung Fu is good for you.

That's sort of what TCEC was about...

Firstly, Tiger Claw Foundation and Tiger Claw are separate entities. TCF is non-profit - our charitable branch. It mostly serves to promote other events. TC sponsors all sorts of events, as you can see. It's not an overly lucrative venture. It's really more about cooperative promotion between TC and the event.

Frankly, I don't see that many schools throwing CMA tournaments nowadays, so I don't see that as being overly viable. Just view our calendar.

As for weeding out the suckage, that's easier said than done. Just take a look at our forum.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

*snip*

As for weeding out the suckage, that's easier said than done. Just take a look at our forum.
    I think you just zinged the forum!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Who me?

Would I do a thing like that? Zing the forum? Me?

Come to our tournament, everyone. It's going to be cool.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

T C K F M C & S C N - The DVD

TC Media, International, publishers of Kung Fu Tai Chi and KungFuMagazine.com, will filming this event. It goes without saying that there will be extensive print magazine coverage. We are also planning to do a live webcast from the event. You'll be able to watch the tournament as it happens right here on KungFuMagazine.com.

What's more, we're going to do another DVD insert with our print magazine, just like the insert we just did for the May June 2009 issue. This will be available in our November December issue through our regular bookstore outlets, as well as free to all subscribers.

An additional deluxe DVD edition will also be produced for sale too.

P.S. Did I mention the $1000 prize purse? Check the website and get registered.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolinlueb View Post
    so basically you are saying its another big tkd, karate tournament?
    With Kung Fu and Wu Shu forms Man. Follow along okay? Shakes head n LOL!
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

TC Media, International, publishers of Kung Fu Tai Chi and KungFuMagazine.com, will filming this event. It goes without saying that there will be extensive print magazine coverage. We are also planning to do a live webcast from the event. You'll be able to watch the tournament as it happens right here on KungFuMagazine.com.

What's more, we're going to do another DVD insert with our print magazine, just like the insert we just did for the May June 2009 issue. This will be available in our November December issue through our regular bookstore outlets, as well as free to all subscribers.

An additional deluxe DVD edition will also be produced for sale too.

P.S. Did I mention the $1000 prize purse? Check the website and get registered.
    $1000 prize purse for?
    and
    is there an Old Guy Division? I have some old friends...
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 05-06-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Define 'old guy'

The traditional divisions (Southern Kung Fu, Northern Kung Fu, Tai Chi & other internals) all have 35-54 and 55+ divisions. Cash prizes are awarded to the adult super grands.

Note that we have issued a call for referees and volunteers. Contact me via email if you're interested.

Of course, you know this because you looked at the website.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

There are over $15,000 of cash prizes & awards

I'm happy to announce three more of our cover masters who have committed to participating in Tiger Claw's KungFuMagazine.com Championships.

Grandmaster Lily Lau

Grandmaster Ming Lum

Grandmaster Tu Jin-Sheng

In addition, our Feng Shui Master and the author of our Kung Fu Horoscopes column, Wilson Sun, will be there to do readings.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Fantastic
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Another cover master

In addition to Lily Lau, Helen Liang, Liang Shou-yu, Ming Lum, Tu Jin-Sheng & Wu Bin, Alex Tao just stopped by the office today and is eager to join the party.

Grandmaster Alexander Tao
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i would love this, lol

While you're in the area...

Lords of the Samurai is coming to the San Francisco Asian Art Museum June 12 to Sept 20, 2009. If you're coming from out of town to our Tiger Claw’s KungFuMagazine.com Championship, I would definitely schedule the Friday before or the Sunday after to see this exhibit.

I've started a thread on it here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

10 days until the first registration deadline!

To ensure your Pre-Registration, deadline for mailing applications is May 29th, 2009. That's the Friday after next. Here's how to register.

This is a formal call for volunteers, judges, and of course, competitors.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips