Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: health benefits of urine

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I have also heard in TCM using the urine of pre-pubescent boys as an astringent among other things.
    If ya don't wanna end up on Gene's "Busted Sifus" thread, I suggest you don't ask your students parents for their kids' pee.
    Witch Hazel might be a safer bet.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

First urine, then what?
    Eating your own boogers?
    Curry layden fecal matter?
    Indonesian food ??
    I was actually getting hungry before you mentioned that last one!

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I have also heard in TCM using the urine of pre-pubescent boys as an astringent among other things.
    which makes one wonder just how traditional, traditional truly is these days...

There are some drawbacks.

First, let's not forget that it is effluence. It is waste that the body doesn't want. That is the natural thing.

If you have any form of hepatitis, and you never know, you just might in this day and age and not even know it (get a check up) then any usefulness you might of thought urine had as a consumable is rendered inert.

Otherwise, it is fairly sterile but doesn't have anything in it that you don't have in you anyway, and so, there aren't any rock solid and clear benefits to it's consumption.

If there was, we'd all be having a big frothy glass of our own pizz daily don't ya think?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It is waste that the body doesn't want. That is the natural thing.
    actually it is the excess nutrients that the body does not need at the time... the true waste byproducts are absorbed into the intestinal tract and eliminated with your poop. urine is nothing more than filtered blood... as far as what i am reading about the topic anyways.

perhaps modern taboo(most likely due to religious dogma) is a key factor in perpetrating the misinformation? it seems like it is still practiced in certain cultures to this day...

This topic always seems to put people in a pi*sy mood.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Stier View Post
    This topic always seems to put people in a pi*sy mood.

Doc
    groan

but seriously, Doc - any thoughts on the topic?

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    \
    perhaps modern taboo(most likely due to religious dogma) is a key factor in perpetrating the misinformation? it seems like it is still practiced in certain cultures to this day...
    I am 100% free of religious dogma - being rather anti-religious - and I still think drinking pee is gross.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

this is the article that i could not link here because the filter takes out the word p!ss... i never knew p!ss was so offensive to people and this site claims to be hard trained tough martial artists... everyone takes a pee for petes sake. grow some thick skin you wimps.
    Contrary to earlier reports, it now appears that troublesome equipment recently installed aboard the International Space Station (ISS) to reprocess astronaut urine into drinkable water is still not working. Worried NASA chiefs intend to rush replacement golden-beverage equipment into space on the next shuttle flight.

Aviation Week brings the news that the drum-shaped Urine Processor Assembly (UPA) urinal/watercooler combo unit remains recalcitrant. It seems that the new wave of double-strength space station crews will be dependent on water supplies from the space shuttle to survive until new kit can be fitted.

In theory one might ship up drinking-water supplies aboard Russian Soyuz or European "Jules Verne" supply craft - or indeed the new wave of private-industry vessels, such as tech kingpin Elon Musk's planned "Dragon" capsule. However this would involve more extra weight than one might think, as in fact the current shuttles don't need to carry large amounts of water up with them at present.

Rather, the ISS' water tanks are apparently replenished mainly using water produced as an exhaust product of the shuttles' fuel-cell powered electrical systems, an option which wouldn't be available with other visiting spacecraft.

Av Week quotes Mike Suffredini, NASA ISS chief, as saying that shuttle flights will be essential to prevent an upsetting personal-hygiene and/or refreshments crisis among the new six-person crews unless the UPA and its companion water-harvesting machinery can be got working. As the shuttles are planned to retire next year, this presents something of a watershed in the ISS' history.

However Suffredini says that a new and improved UPA golden-barrel unit will be shipped up to the station on the very next flight, STS-119 by shuttle Discovery, currently subject to unrelated delays. This will allow the planned sampling process - held up by the current, unserviceable drinks dispenser - to proceed and the new era of self-sustaining space explorers to be ushered in.

"We'll have to get more water from the shuttle than we would normally require, but that's not an issue," Suffredini told the magazine.

"We need a little time to sort through the anomalies. We'd like to get the distillation system working and processing all the water we can to save upmass."

There was no word on the proposed fate of the original UPA, said to have cost - along with its companion water-harvesting equipment - $250m to develop. ISS astronauts have in the past shown themselves willing to simply dump surplus equipment into the Earth's atmosphere, regardless of any unpleasant contents. ®
    all i can say is... wow... now thats a real waste.

I was going to chime in with some factoids about urophagia (drinking urine) (like only using the middle 1/3 of the stream - the first 1/3 is contaminated with urethral bacteria and the last 1/3 is concentrated... that's the method for gathering the pre-adolescent urine for medicinal consumption.)...

I was going to chime in with some smart-@$$ remarks, too, but I figured I'd just sit back and enjoy the show ;-)

...and wait for Gene to make a comment... (he's expert on these matters, it seems...)

herb ox

PS don't forget about drinking the urine of certain reindeers

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post
    ...and wait for Gene to make a comment... (he's expert on these matters, it seems...)
    i am actually looking forward to it, provided he has not become a victim of being afraid to feed the trolls mentality.
    PS don't forget about drinking the urine of certain reindeers.
    if this were accepted medicine, the job of actually collecting the fresh urine might rank up there with logging and alaskan crabbing.

whoa now... indias new cow urine soft drink? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle5707554.ece

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    whoa now... indias new cow urine soft drink? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle5707554.ece
    Yummy!!

I'll definately have to try that out if I can find any in the states when its released. If anything, just so I can say; "ya, i drink cow p!ss, what of it?"
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

so i guess drinking your own urine wont only keep you alive longer in the desert, but also if you're stranded in outerspace.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    so i guess drinking your own urine wont only keep you alive longer in the desert, but also if you're stranded in outerspace.
    only if NASA's multi-million dollar urine-to-water machine is working. kinda reminds me of all the millions wasted on developing a pen that could write in the weightlessness of space, a feat that russia solved with a 5 cent pencil.