Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: health benefits of urine

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    only if NASA's multi-million dollar urine-to-water machine is working. kinda reminds me of all the millions wasted on developing a pen that could write in the weightlessness of space, a feat that russia solved with a 5 cent pencil.
    lol

everyone knows the germans got the cool pen market cornered anyway
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Urine is a waste. It is slightly acidic and made up of urea, it is an irritant which is toxic. If there is an excess of it in the blood stream it can damage organs. Guess what, if you drink it there is a chance for it to get to into the blood stream. Why would you want to drink something that your body doesn't want?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Urine is a waste product, but not necessarily a waste per se. For example, the new hydrogen fuel cell power generators have a waste product from the reaction of the propane being catalyzed by a platinum mesh. Those products are carbon dioxide and pure water... which also happens to be drinkable.

GreenCloud, there seems to be a bit of a leap in your logic regarding the amount of 'urine getting into your bloodstream'. Ingested, it comes in contact with acid, enzymes and other stuff in the gut, then absorbed slowly thru the walls of the gut itself. The amount of urea actually that makes it into the bloodstream is miniscule for a medicinal dose. However, it is true that urine taken over a period of dehydration (ala Bear Grylls survival style) can alter your electrolyte balance enough to cause organ failure. That's an extreme case, though, and under hydrated conditions, a small cup of pee won't do you no harm

have fun with it

herb ox

Quote Originally Posted by herb ox View Post
    Urine is a waste product, but not necessarily a waste per se. For example, the new hydrogen fuel cell power generators have a waste product from the reaction of the propane being catalyzed by a platinum mesh. Those products are carbon dioxide and pure water... which also happens to be drinkable.

GreenCloud, there seems to be a bit of a leap in your logic regarding the amount of 'urine getting into your bloodstream'. Ingested, it comes in contact with acid, enzymes and other stuff in the gut, then absorbed slowly thru the walls of the gut itself. The amount of urea actually that makes it into the bloodstream is miniscule for a medicinal dose. However, it is true that urine taken over a period of dehydration (ala Bear Grylls survival style) can alter your electrolyte balance enough to cause organ failure. That's an extreme case, though, and under hydrated conditions, a small cup of pee won't do you no harm

have fun with it

herb ox
    First: Waste from a manmade machine is different than waste produced by the body.

Second: Your assumption if that the person who is ingesting the urine has a body functioning optimally and is only using small amount of urine of small periods of time. Neither may be true. Consult a physician before starting a urine regimen?
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    First: Waste from a manmade machine is different than waste produced by the body.
    your right, the man made machine is only as perfect as the man who builds it.
    Consult a physician before starting a urine regimen?
    do you ask your doctor when starting a new herbal tea? perhaps herbs are a form of waste from the planet? take a look at digitalis purpurea(foxglove), which is used as source of heart-tonic glycosides. used in modern medicine to increase force of systolic contractions in congestive heart failure; lowers venous pressure in hypertensive heart ailments; elevates blood pressure in a weak heart; diuretic, reduces edema... yet the medicinal dose is 70% of the lethal dose!!

on the upside, you can well imagine that the person who believes his urine to be a form of medicine will most definitely take great care as to what he puts into his body.

take a look at digitalis purpurea(foxglove), which is used as source of heart-tonic glycosides. used in modern medicine to increase force of systolic contractions in congestive heart failure; lowers venous pressure in hypertensive heart ailments; elevates blood pressure in a weak heart; diuretic, reduces edema... yet the medicinal dose is 70% of the lethal dose!!
    I would consult with a doctor before taking in a toxic product such as foxglove. How would that be different than urine?
    ------
    Jason

I would consult with a doctor before taking in a toxic product such as foxglove.
    i am quite sure one could manage to figure out the correct dosage without a doctor... they don't call this the information superhighway for nothing and the best part is it's free, besides there are many books on the field...
    How would that be different than urine?
    exactly the point.

i am quite sure one could manage to figure out the correct dosage without a doctor... they don't call this the information superhighway for nothing and the best part is it's free, besides there are many books on the field...
    exactly the point.
    Yes I will trust the internet to tell me how much of a potentially deadly item to ingest
    ------
    Jason

Yes I will trust the internet to tell me how much of a potentially deadly item to ingest.
    i see... you trust the internet when it serves your purpose, interesting.

i am quite sure that anyone who snoops long enough can figure out the correct dosage for nearly everything on the net... for one, there are these things called online colleges, so if someone can pay for brains over the net, i have no doubt someone can also aquire them for free.

i see... you trust the internet when it serves your purpose, interesting.
    I don't trust the internet. I use it as a source of amusement.
    i am quite sure that anyone who snoops long enough can figure out the correct dosage for nearly everything on the net... for one, there are these things called online colleges, so if someone can pay for brains over the net, i have no doubt someone can also aquire them for free.
    One day perhaps you can be on the list of people with brains.
    ------
    Jason

Lyoto Machida vs. Rashas Evans for UFC Light Middleweight

If Lyoto wins, maybe he'll start a trend with UFC fans...
    Lyoto Machida’s secret revealed at TATAME Sunday 22nd of March 2009 01:24 PM
    By Guilherme Cruz
    Photo Josh Hedges

Undefeated after 14 fights in the career, Lyoto Machida impresses, and it’s the result of hard work. After knocking out Thiago Silva and get his chance for the title against Rashad Evans, the Brazilian revealed his secrets on the trainings to TATAME Magazine’s March issue. For those who think that good trainings happen with academies full of tough fighters, Machida goes for the opposite way.

“My training is with my family, out Karate, and it makes it more easy. If I go out there, maybe I won’t find what I have in Belém any place in the world. I train with guys who live there”, tells Lyoto. Besides telling all his preparation routine, the undefeated fighter revealed a curious tradition in his family, a secret until then: urine therapy. Once in the day, he and his family drinks their own urine. “My father does that for a long time and bring it to us. People think it’s a joke (laughs). I never said it in the United States because I don’t know how the fans will react (laughs). I drink my urine every morning like a natural medicine”, revealed the fighter.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

very common in Indian Ayevedic Medicine.

Not for me though.

I like a nice Oolong in the morning.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Good grief

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    very common in Indian Ayevedic Medicine.

Not for me though.

I like a nice Oolong in the morning.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not for me either though Ayurveda has many strengths. I am not sure that it is main stream Ayurveda-no pun intended.

Make mine Darjeeling golden orange pekoe,oolong or green tea from China or Japan.

But you can google Morarji Desai. he once was the prime Minister of the Republic of India-was vegetarian and also used urine therapy. he was quite sharp and healthy and lived to be 100!
    NOT my favorite politician---too right wing for me.It could be due to the therapy<g>

joy chaudhuri

KY; Land of the Meth-Mouth, Redneck-Cracker, and Wanna-Be-Thug.
    http://tcm.cambridgesoft.com/tcm/sho...&formmode=edit

I have a dit da jow formula that has REN NIAO (Human Urine) in it. I had to grind it into powder before I brewed the jow.
    The "Iron Palm" is no match for the sharp tongue of the woman you love or her "Iron Skillet" as you sleep.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Premarin is the commercial name for compound drug consisting primarily of conjugated estrogens. Isolated from mare's urine (PREgnant MARes' urINe),

hmmm, must be why that chick in the video looks so energetic....
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.