Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: health benefits of urine

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    personally, although I have never done it, I know of one guy who was a long-time and high-level ba gua practitioner who claimed that he did this on a regular basis; one claim he made was that it helped him one time when he had a tooth go septic and he eschewed the use of anti-biotics, using, as he put it, "formula p" and a combination of herbs such as golden seal, echinacea and myrrh; again, just reporting what I heard, not condoning or condemning either way, just info for the thread;
    TCM is a prescience, but I shake my head at those that choose it over things modern medicine gives, such as antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    perhaps modern taboo(most likely due to religious dogma) is a key factor in perpetrating the misinformation? it seems like it is still practiced in certain cultures to this day...
    Aside from the smell.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    If Lyoto wins, maybe he'll start a trend with UFC fans...
    Maybe as a way to keep people from fighting you.

'I'm not stepping into the ring with that git. He's got **** on his breath.'

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Premarin is the commercial name for compound drug consisting primarily of conjugated estrogens. Isolated from mare's urine (PREgnant MARes' urINe)
    But, at least it's sterilized.

ew

well ok maybe it is good for you but think about it it's waste everything bad from whatever you ate or drank all the toxins and everything is in there and your drinking it again? lol

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Aside from the smell.
    especially if they've eaten asparagus.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

blech thats nasty lol

The problem with you all is your drinking the wrong pee

This thread has dominated this TCM forum for several months now. Should we take that as some sort of comment on TCM?
    February 11, 2009
    India to launch cow urine as soft drink
    Welcome to your new vending machine...
    Jeremy Page, Delhi

Does your Pepsi lack pep? Is your Coke not the real thing? India's Hindu nationalist movement apparently has the answer: a new soft drink made from cow urine.

The bovine brew is in the final stages of development by the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), India's biggest and oldest Hindu nationalist group, according to the man who makes it.

Om Prakash, the head of the department, said the drink – called "gau jal", or "cow water" – in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times from his headquarters in Hardwar, one of four holy cities on the River Ganges. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

The drink is the latest attempt by the RSS – which was founded in 1925 and now claims eight million members – to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.

Hindus revere cows and slaughtering them is illegal in most of India. Cow dung is traditionally used as a fuel and disinfectant in villages, while cow urine and dung are often consumed in rituals to "purify" those on the bottom rungs of the Hindu caste system.

In 2001, the RSS and its offshoots – which include the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party – began promoting cow urine as a cure for ailments ranging from liver disease to obesity and even cancer.

The movement has often been accused of using more violent methods, such as killing 67 Christians in the eastern state of Orissa last year, and assaulting women in a pub in Mangalore last month. It also has a history of targeting foreign business in India, as in 1994, when it organised a nationwide boycott of multinational consumer goods, including Pepsi and Coca Cola.

The cola brands are popular in India, now one of their biggest markets, but have struggled in recent years to shake off allegations, which they deny, that they contain dangerous levels of pesticide.

Mr Prakash said his drink, by contrast, was made mainly of cow urine, mixed with a few medicinal and ayurvedic herbs. He said it would be "cheap", but declined to give further details about its price or ingredients until it was officially launched.

He insisted, however, that it would be able to compete with the American cola brands, even with their enormous advertising budgets. "We're going to give them good competition as our drink is good for mankind," he said. "We may also think of exporting it."
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well, TCM is a prescience that should never go away, just like growing herbs and other plants from folk magick to help treat diseases and ailments. They were the starting point of the mass manufacturing of drugs we have today. The new is equally valid as the old. That's why each new study of sun/skin cancer, ointments, food, etc. still go on today, despite all the ones done in the past already. If one set of data was all that was necessary, it wouldn't still be ging on.

i have to say if it was going to be good tasting and safe to drink i might be persuaded to try some lol. Hey it's healthier than Coke or Pepsi.

Quote Originally Posted by Raipizo View Post
    i have to say if it was going to be good tasting and safe to drink i might be persuaded to try some lol.
    so you would only try something if it suits your tastes? then does that mean you won't do anything unless its good enough for you to try? trying is not doing... be a man... it tastes like pee, big deal, woopie-do... do you have what it takes to survive if the situation arises? big men playing big martial artists afraid of taking a swig of their own urine that came from their own body? some folks crack me up... all talk - nothing but ruffled feathers hiding the skinny little birds. i personally had to see what all the fuss was over... it's just pee man and if you are one of the ones who does it daily for the claimed health benefits, you can be sure you'll pay more attention to what you put into your body knowing that you take a drink of it every morning when you wake up.
    Hey it's healthier than Coke or Pepsi.
    let me guess... you drink coke and pepsi right?

*back to our regular scheduled program*

well i wouldn't want to because i heard its actually bad for you because its everything bad your body is getting rid of and no i try to limit my intake of pop maybe 2 cans a month lol. i prefer tea.

where'd you hear that?

Pizz is nasty. Nasty. It is a collection of chemicals that the body creates and must be removed. That is why you will die if your kidneys fail unless you have dialasis. However that is spelled. It will build up and kill you. Drinking it is nasty, and if you will put it into your mouth, you should have no qualms about putting the dispenser into your mouth too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    That is why you will die if your kidneys fail unless you have dialasis. It will build up and kill you.
    if i remember correctly, the kidneys filter the blood of impurities accumulated from breath, skin absorbtion, diet, and biological functions... yet... these toxins are absorbed and passed on to intestines to be exited into the feces... yes?

Meanwhile, in space....

the yucky brine
    Astronauts toast with water from recycled urine
    Seth Borenstein, Associated Press
    Thursday, May 21, 2009
    (05-21) 04:00 PDT Houston - --

At the international space station, it was one small sip for man and a giant gulp of recycled urine for mankind.

Astronauts aboard the space station celebrated a space first on Wednesday by drinking water that had been recycled from their urine, sweat and water that condenses from exhaled air. They said "cheers," clicked drinking bags and toasted NASA workers on the ground who were sipping their own version of recycled drinking water.

"The taste is great," American astronaut Michael Barratt said. Then as Russian Gennady Padalka tried to catch little bubbles of the clear water floating in front of him, Barratt called the taste "worth chasing."

He said the water came with labels that said: "drink this when real water is over 200 miles away."

The urine recycling system is needed for astronaut outposts on the moon and Mars. It also will save NASA money because it won't have to ship up as much water to the station by space shuttle or cargo rockets.

It's also crucial as the space station is about to expand from three people living onboard to six.

The recycling system had been brought up to the space station in November by space shuttle Endeavour, but it couldn't be used until samples were tested back on Earth and a stuck valve was fixed on Monday.

So when it came time to actually drink up, NASA made a big deal of it.

The three-man crew stood holding their drinks and congratulated engineers in two NASA centers that worked on the system.

"This is something that had been the stuff of science fiction," Barratt said before taking a sip.

NASA deputy space shuttle manager LeRoy Cain called it "a huge milestone."

On the Russian side of the space station, moisture in the air - not urine - is turned into drinking water.

The new system takes the combined urine of the crew from the toilet, moves it to a big tank, where the water is boiled off, and the vapor collected. The rest of contaminants - the yucky brine in the urine - is thrown away, said Marybeth Edeen, the space station's national lab manager who was in charge of the system.

The water vapor is mixed with water from air condensation, then it goes through filters, much like those put on home taps, Edeen said.

When six crew members are aboard it can make about six gallons from urine in about six hours, Edeen said.

Some people may find the idea of drinking recycled urine distasteful, but it is also done on Earth, but with a lot longer time between urine and tap, Edeen said. In space, it takes about a week, she said.

The technology NASA developed for this system has already been used for quick water purification after the 2004 Asian tsunami, Edeen said.

Wednesday's urine celebration included subtle bathroom humor.

"We are happy to have this water work through the system - we're happy to have it work through our systems," Barratt said.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

those astronauts are wussy's.

Good grief

Gene said:

"If Lyoto wins, maybe he'll start a trend with UFC fans...".
    Now Machida has won!!

I will stick to jow.

Joy chaudhuri