Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: health benefits of urine

Whole lotta NOPE

I'm all for recycling but this is so wrong. Beer & Urine is a one-way process.

May 5, 2017, 11:31 AM
    Denmark brewer makes beer using human urine
    Last Updated May 5, 2017 11:33 AM EDT

A brewery in Denmark is making beer using human urine. The specialty pilsner is called "Pisner," a name derived from wordplay on the type of beer and local slang.

The brew is made with malting barley fertilized by the contents of urinals at the largest music festival in Northern Europe. The 50,000 liters of human waste liquid was used as an alternative to traditional animal manure or factory-made fertilizer products.

"The reason why we make this 'Pisner' beer is because we are a craft brewery out of Copenhagen and about four years ago we converted into organic, so all our beers are organic today," Henrik Vang, chief executive of brewer Norrebro Bryghus, told the Reuters news agency.

"We thought it would be a great idea also to go into recyclable beer. So we want to test our brewers and test our opportunities to make recyclable beer," he said.

Denmark's agriculture and food council named the technique "beercycling," and said "Pisner" could become a trendy, sustainable brew.

"I think it's a genius idea, since it's an investment in the future. We have a lack of phosphorus, so by doing something like this, the circle is complete," said taster Mikkel Pedersen.

"It tastes really good," Birden Eldahl, another taster, told Reuters. "It's fresh and full at the same time and it's a good beer."

But reactions have been mixed.

"In the beginning, a lot of people thought that we had a filtration where the pee went directly into the beer, but that is of course not right," said managing director of Norrebro Bryghus, Henrik Vang.

"In the beginning there was a lot of left and right sides, opinions about this project, but now when people understand what it's all about, I think that it's OK," he continued.

The batch of urine collected from the initial festival is enough to produce 60,000 bottles of beer. After that, the brewers are going to have to decide if they want to keep putting the "p" in pilsner.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Gross Home Remedies

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I agree with chill'in dudes that chick is whacked. Urine has no unique health benefits, human or other source. I can't believe she drank dog urine for the camera like it was Mt. DEW. Urine has only one life saving benefit and that is if you were stranded in a life or death situation.... you can drink your urine one time only to bide you some extra time before dehydration advances further. After that your urine will be poisonous for you to consume. People who drink urine for "health reasons" are freeky health freaks. "Peeple". ~ Dog didn't mind, though. Probably thought she was just a crazy beech.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 07-11-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Another Day and another Cup of P33 Urine Therapy

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

DOWN the HATCH !

I guess it was just a matter of time for women to start joining the party. Next of course is to establish non-profits to promote their agendas. Wizzologists. Now the expression "full of pizz and vinegar" makes nutritious sense.
    Last edited by PalmStriker; 07-11-2018 at 12:12 AM.

Urine Thearpy: Drink ur P33 FASTING DAY 3 NOV 21 2017

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Drinking Your Own Urine - My Strange Addiction

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I can only imagine these people's breath smelling like a stairwell where the homeless go to relieve themselves.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 07-16-2018 at 02:03 PM.

ok Look..TV Star Bear Ghrylls drank his own pee when it was either get some water into his system or..DIE!! In theory it could be done because of the fact that urine has a high water content.

BUT..

Saving ones' life just isn't the same as doing the above practice consistently.

It's a good way to get nitrate poisoning and I won't even get into some of the compounds like Ammonia,etc. that you body urgently wants to get RID of!

Here is a database of the over 3,000 compounds found in human urine:

http://www.urinemetabolome.ca
    Last edited by LaterthanNever; 07-17-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: content

Joe Rogan - urine therapy

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Science!

This is in reaction to the dog pee drinking vid above. We also discussed Machida before, and Rogan is the post above this.

I can’t believe I have to say this but pee is not a beverage

You can, but why would you?

Here’s why that girl drank her dog’s ****

By Angela Lashbrook

Jun—15—2018 03:07PM EST

Maybe this comes as a surprise to some people, but you really shouldn't drink your dog's pee. Or anyone's pee, for that matter.

In a video resurfaced last week on the Viceland show Desus & Mero, a young woman stands on a grassy patch with her cute, incorrectly harnessed dog, holding a plastic cup. "Many of you have asked me how I look so good, how my makeup always looks so perfect, or how I always have this natural glow," she says to the camera. "Here's my secret." As if on cue, her dog turns to a tree, and the woman places the cup beneath the dog's stream of ****. Then, with the swagger of someone about to shotgun a beer, she shakes her hair back and drinks the fresh, warm urine.

"The first time I drank my dog's pee, I was depressed, I was sad, and I had really bad acne," she says after she guzzles the urine, before instructing her viewers that the golden elixir has vitamin A, vitamin E, and "ten grams of calcium."

Unfortunately, our protagonist was misled. While there's considerable evidence that urea, a compound that makes up 50 percent of urine solids, is useful in treating skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis, nothing promising shows that drinking it will do anything for your skin or mental health.

Still, her belief is understandable: the internet is rife with naturopath blogs promoting the ingestion of pee to cure all kinds of maladies. The concept of drinking urine for health reasons has been practiced here and there for thousands of years, but it wasn't until British naturopath John W. Armstrong's landmark work "The Water Of Life: A Treatise On Urine Therapy" was published in 1944 that urine therapy --- also known as urophagia --- became popular in the Western alternative medicine community.

The internet has, of course, turned out to be an exciting breeding ground for wildly misleading information about ****-drinking. A top Google results for "urine therapy" is the Universal Healing Tao, which claims that "drinking urine is a good alternative wherever water is scarce ... If you still cannot bring yourself to drink your own urine pure, mix a dash of it into a glass of fruit juice or mix it with water and honey."

At All-Natural: Natural Healing Source Center, "medical research writer" and "natural health consultant" Martha Christy claims that urine therapy is "powerful ... our own urine is an enormous source of vital nutrients, vitamins, hormones, enzymes and critical antibodies."

In a 2009 video posted to his YouTube channel, UFC commentator and hugely popular podcaster Joe Rogan drinks his own urine, claiming that he's done it "a bunch of times." "I've read so many people online say it's a form of medicine," he says, before the video shifts to a segment of UFC fighter Lyoto Machida explaining that he drinks his "first urine of the day" every morning when he wakes up. And if you search YouTube for "drinking your own p33," you'll find a ton of videos of people drinking and talking about the benefits of urine therapy.

When I spoke to Dr. Lauren Schulz, a urologist at Total Urology Care in New York City, she disputed these urine drinkers' claims that urophagia is a vitamin-rich, effective naturopathy treatment.

"There shouldn't be calcium in the urine," she told me over the phone. "Same with Vitamins A or E --- they shouldn't be there unless a person, or dog, has been taking supplements. If there's high calcium or any other minerals, it crystallizes into stone formation --- and if an animal [or human] has stone formation, it usually follows infection."

While there's bacteria in urine, Dr. Schulz told me, normal pee from a healthy individual isn't especially harmful --- it just isn't beneficial, either. "Urine is waste, and waste is things our body doesn't need," she said.

Even if you're stranded in the desert without an adequate water supply, urine isn't a good substitute. The Army, Marine, Navy, And Air Force Survival Guide places urine as the number one liquid military personnel should not drink if they're desperate for hydration, followed by "fish juice," blood, sea water, and alcohol. "Think about it like drinking ocean water," Jeff Giullian, a Denver-based nephrologist, told Popular Science. "It's going to dehydrate you and do significantly more harm than good."

Urine isn't totally without medical merit, but its limited benefits are topical, not oral. "Drinking the uric acid found in urine does not give any skin benefits. Urea is found in multiple skin preparations and is typically used in a cream for dry skin. It can be very helpful for thick scaly areas especially on feet, knees and elbows; but also generally for dry skin," dermatologist Dr. William Kwan told me. Urea can be synthetically produced, and the National Institute of Health's Open Chemical Database cites multiple studies that support the efficacy of urea in treating psoriasis, eczema, and dry skin. A"comprehensive review of the clinical literature" on urea, published in the Dermatology Online Journal, states that topical urea (like this moisturizer from Eucerin), is an effective treatment for keratosis pilaris, aka chicken skin: those small, painless red bumps many people get on their arms, legs, and faces. In simpler terms, products rich in urea ensure your skin is well-moisturized and protected against external irritants, such as sodium lauryl sulfate.

If you're sad, have acne, or want to guarantee your makeup will always look good, please do not drink anyone's ****, even if it's your beloved dog's. Instead, visit your local pharmacy for an inexpensive moisturizer with urea. It'll be much more effective.

Science
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

prolly an anti-mask anti-vaxxer

False COVID-19 information convinces mom, 4 kids to drink urine for 4 days
    By Jordan Smith Published 3 days ago HealthFOX TV Digital Team

WESTMINSTER, United Kingdom - A mother trying to protect herself and her family from the novel coronavirus ended up being duped by false information that led her to drink her own urine.

For four days, the British woman and her four children gulped down their own urine, believing it would protect them from COVID-19, according to a report by the City of Westminster.

Urine is a waste product of the body. Its consumption is generally frowned upon in westernized medicine, according to a 2015 study conducted by the Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology.

Urine contains high concentrations of toxins and salt that the body has already rid itself of. Once outside of the body, urine quickly attracts more bacteria. Consuming it can cause a person harm.

The British woman told officials she was convinced to drink her pee by a trusted friend or relative, who had served as the mom’s primary source of pandemic-related news.

The mother said she puts her faith in natural cures. Even so, the medical community hasn’t yet recognized anything as a cure for COVID-19.

To date, vaccines are the only thing clinically proven to prevent COVID-19 illness. But the mom cited a debunked conspiracy theory involving Bill and Melinda Gates when voicing her distrust of vaccines.

Misinformation has proven to be a detriment to public health throughout the pandemic. Aside from drinking urine, many so-called cures or preventative measures have proven futile.

One of the most notable false cures made headlines last spring when former President Donald Trump mused aloud about ingesting bleach to combat the virus.

This prompted fierce backlash from health officials, political rivals and bleach manufacturers, but their efforts fell short.

Just days later, officials began reporting cases of people drinking cleaning products in an attempt to protect themselves from the coronavirus.

This story was reported from Atlanta.
    threads
    health-benefits-of-urine
    Coronavirus-(COVID-19)-Wuhan-Pneumonia
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ruin-therapy & covid

Urine cures COVID, Christopher Key, recently arrested Alabama anti-vaxxer, falsely claims
    Updated: Jan. 10, 2022, 3:16 p.m. | Published: Jan. 10, 2022, 3:16 p.m.

Christopher Key, of Futondale, is an outspoken anti-vaxxer.

By Tandra Smith | tsmith@al.com and Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com
    An Alabama anti-vaxxer recently arrested in Jefferson County is touting urine as a cure for COVID-19.

Christopher Key is the founder of “Vaccine Police,” a website that gathers anti-vax news across the internet.

Key posted a video to his Telegram account over the weekend, according to The Daily Beast, saying that the urine cure has been around for centuries.

There is no scientific evidence to support Key’s claim.

“The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy,” Key said in the video. “I know to a lot of you this sounds crazy, but guys, God’s given us everything we need.”

Key added that the vaccine is the worst bioweapon he’s ever seen. There is no scientific evidence indicating the COVID vaccines pose any health risk.

“Now drink urine! I drink my own urine!” Key said in the video.

The video came on the heels of his arrest after a recent court appearance.

Key appeared in front of Jefferson County District Judge Katrina Ross on Jan. 4 for an incident that happened last April.

Key was inside of the Whole Foods in Cahaba Village Plaza on U.S. 280 and refused to wear a mask.

Key was eventually asked to leave by the staff and after refusing to do so, was arrested and charged with third-degree trespassing.

A similar situation played out inside of the courtroom on Jan. 4, when he was asked to both wear a mask and stop recording inside of the courtroom.

In the video, which can be seen on his Twitter account and on his website vaccine-police.com, Key said that he had a medical/religious exemption to wearing a mask and that it was his right to record his own court proceedings.

Judge Ross eventually ordered Key be taken into custody.

“Defendant was advised several times to put on a mask if he wished to address the court and to turn his camera off,” Ross stated in her order. “Due to his failure to comply with the Orders of this Court, his bond is revoked.”

Key was booked into the Jefferson County Jail on Jan. 4 at 2:12 p.m and released on bond at 4:24 p.m. Jan. 5.

Following his release, Key posted a video to his Twitter account, thanking his followers for their support while he was behind bars.

In August, Key made news in Missouri after saying Walmart pharmacy workers could face execution for administering the COVID vaccine.

In a 30-minute video posted to Facebook live, Key went to the Walmart in Springfield, Missouri, to spread his anti-vaccine message.

Key was also mentioned in a letter issued by the National School Boards Association that asked federal law enforcement for help policing threats against school officials.

The letter documented more than 20 instances of threatening behavior across the country and referenced Key, who has protested central Alabama school board meetings.

The Alabama Association of School Boards cut ties with a national group two months after the letter was sent.

Key is not the only Alabamian who has been in the news for their anti-vax beliefs.

A couple known as the “Alabama Pickers” died in September of last year after being outspoken on their beliefs for months.

A few months earlier, a Pell City man thought COVID was a hoax until he died of it.

The Alabama Department of Public Health reported 61,234 new cases last week, nearly doubling the previous high.
    threads
    health-benefits-of-urine
    Coronavirus-(COVID-19)-Wuhan-Pneumonia
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

urine popsicles for your kids

So wrong...

'I Would Have To Be Restrained': Internet Eviscerates Parent For Adding Urine To Popsicles
    BY TAYLOR MCCLOUD ON 1/10/22 AT 10:11 PM EST

Internet users were furious to learn that a user had been sneaking their own urine into their child's food after their shocking post in a urine therapy Facebook group went viral.

Posted in Reddit's r/insaneparents subreddit with the title, "I have several questions," a screenshot of the shocking Facebook post has received nearly 10,000 votes and sparked rage throughout a comment section from hundreds of angry parents. In the original post, as seen in Urine Magic, a Facebook group dedicated to the practice of urine therapy, one parent said they have been mixing urine and lemonade to make popsicles for their daughter.

"I've been adding half an ounce of my urine to lemonade and making it into popsicles for my daughter," the post reads. "She doesn't seem to notice and I can see the benefits already."

Later in the post, the parent revealed that they have been feeding the same popsicles to their daughter's friend without consulting their parents, but added that they are sure they will be "grateful" when the "improvement" in their child's cognitive abilities becomes "undeniable."

The Urine Magic Facebook group, which consists of 37,000 members, writes that urine therapy is a "naturopathic medicine & practice of drinking ones own urine for health, vitality & longevity." However, despite the practice's rising popularity, the benefit of drinking urine is unproven.

One Facebook poster made waves when they said they've been adding their urine to lemonade and making it into popsicles for their daughter and her friend.
    JENIFOTO/ISTOCK / GETTY IMAGES PLUS
    According to Healthline, drinking urine is not advisable, and can introduce harmful bacteria and toxins. Between gastrointestinal problems and other infections resulting from bacteria found in the urinary tract, and the kidneys suffering from excess strain because they are forced to filter out concentrated waste products, the dangers of ingesting urine are far greater than any perceived health advantages.

Still, the practice is growing in popularity and recently, it has become linked with certain anti-vax movements.

Over the weekend, Christopher Key, founder of anti-vax website Vaccine-Police.com, posted a video to his Telegram account explaining that drinking urine is the "antidote" to the COVID vaccine, according to The Daily Beast. In the video, Key, who AL.com reports was arrested and taken into custody in Birmingham, AL following an outburst towards Jefferson County District Judge Katrina Ross, said that the COVID vaccine is "the worst bioweapon" he has ever seen, and that urine therapy is its "antidote."

While AL.com maintains that "there is no scientific evidence to support Key's claims," and it has been proven that drinking urine is not beneficial in any way, groups like Urine Magic continue to grow and continue to draw the ire of the internet.

Responding to the screenshot of the original Facebook post, many Redditors were enraged by the author's shocking admission.

In the post's top comment, that has received 4.2K votes, Redditor u/Orphylia asked the Redditor who shared the screenshot to report the Facebook post.

"OP, if you actually know who that person is/know their Facebook name...report that sh*t to somebody, anybody, PLEASE," they wrote.

Redditor u/stopaskinifimbleedin said forcing your child and somebody else's child to unknowingly participate in urine therapy is against the law and questioned the parent's motive for it.

"This isn't just insane, this is illegal," they commented. "Who in their right f*****g minds would feed someone ELSES CHILD a pee popsicle?!?!?"

Receiving over 1,000 votes, Redditor u/OwlyFox added that they would not be able to control themselves if another parent fed their child urine.

"I would have to be restrained if someone told me they had fed urine to my kid," they wrote. "Because I would go insane."
    Hold the phone... there's a Urine Magic Facebook group?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gregorian Bivolaru

I was hypnotised, told to join orgies and given yoga guru's urine to drink at depraved sect: Cult 'victims' were also stripped naked at 16 and made to parade at sex beauty pageant
    Gregorian Bivolaru was arrested in Paris last Tuesday after years on the run
    By JAMES REYNOLDS
    PUBLISHED: 10:22 EST, 7 December 2023 | UPDATED: 11:18 EST, 8 December 2023

Agnes Arabela Marques was only 15 when she met the leader of a controversial yoga sect accused of running an international tantric sex ring that used women as slaves.

'At first he seemed nice,' she said of 71-year-old guru Gregorian Bivolaru, who was arrested last week in Paris after six years on the run on suspicion of rape, exploitation, kidnapping and people trafficking. 'He was very respected, speaking with a very calm voice.'

But things soon took a sinister turn. Bivolaru invited the young Marques to his home and pressured her into performing lesbian sex acts with dozens of other women, before having sex with the yogi himself - presented as her initiation into tantric yoga.

Within a year, aged 16, Marques was one of around 300 women parading naked at a 'Miss Shakti' beauty pageant on the Black Sea, with some even masturbating on stage in front of thousands of onlookers.

Former members of Bivolaru's so-called Movement for Spiritual Integration into the Absolute (MISA) have since described the horror of being held in overcrowded houses in the suburbs of Paris where they were shown pornography, hypnotised, encouraged to take part in orgies and given the guru's urine to drink.

The terrifying sect saw dozens of women held in 'deplorable conditions' over a period of nearly two-decades before the raid last week, a multinational effort to bring the guru to justice.

Agnes Arabela Marques was only 15 when she met 71-year-old guru Gregorian Bivolaru

Romanian guru Gregorian Bivolaru is escorted to a vehicle, after a hearing at the Romanian Police headquarters in Bucharest, Romania, Wednesday, Aug 24, 2016

The year was 1999 and Marques, a dual Romanian-Portuguese national, had just followed her older sister from a small town in Romania to the capital Bucharest to join Bivolaru's Movement for Spiritual Integration into the Absolute (MISA) yoga school.

The school, one of the first in a network that eventually spread to over 30 countries, taught tantric yoga, a practice loosely based on an ancient Hindu philosophy about achieving liberation through sex, among other rituals.

Any misgivings Marques had about the school's teachings were allayed by the fact that among the students were 'important people' like doctors and lawyers.

'I told myself I had nothing to worry about,' she said.

Bivolaru soon inducted Marques, then a minor, taking her to his home and pressuring her into sex acts. She believed it was part of an initiation ritual, the start of her spiritual journey.

'We were told the sexual act with the guru was a consecration, that it was approved by God,' she said, but Bivolaru nonetheless warned her 'not to say anything' about how she lost her virginity.

'Bivolaru claimed that, if I had sex with him as a yoga master, I could achieve superior levels of tantric spirituality,' she explained. 'In his apartment, there were constantly girls that were there to have sex with him.

'The girls living in that apartment would spend a few days or even a few weeks there and afterwards their place would be taken by other girls.

'This way Bivolaru wanted to ensure the so-called 'avalanche state'. In order to keep sexual desire alive, he said it was not good to live with your partner for too long.'

'Gregorian Bivolaru was interested in an Indian myth that said you could get to a high spiritual level if you had sex with 1,000 virgin girls. He knew the age of each girl he had sex with because he received photos from his yoga students and the date of birth was written on the back.'

The women freed today had been 'kept in deplorable conditions' both in terms of space and hygiene, a source said

For two decades this continued to run the sect out of safehouses in multiple European countries. For years, the 'MISA' school stayed in the crosshairs of judicial authorities in Romania, Sweden and France, a source close to the investigation says, as it continued to bring together hundreds if not thousands of members.

The movement became known for its bizarre rituals called yoga spirals, in which devotees would gather and hold hands in order depending on their zodiac sings.

Women were also encouraged 'to agree to participate in fee-paying pornographic practices in France and abroad', a source said.

Women paid for yoga workshops via sex chats and men paid through manual work, a judicial source told Afp. The workshops were 'clearly exclusively dedicated to the satisfaction of the main suspect's desires,' the source said.

French police were finally able to move in and arrest Bivolaru in a house in Ivry-sur-Seine near Paris on Tuesday.

More than 50 women were found, being kept in 'deplorable conditions' between two overcrowded houses in the greater Paris suburbs.

They included nationals of Romania, Argentina, Germany, Belgium and the United States.

The police said the women had been 'freed from a sect' and that they found sex toys, pornographic material and photos of Bivolaru.

At the guru's own home in the southeastern Paris suburb of Ivry-sur-Seine they also found over 200,000 euros ($215,000) in cash, pornography and fake identity documents.

Ashleigh Freckleton, a 31-year-old Australian woman who joined a MISA ashram in Romania in 2018, took part in one of the French 'initiation rituals'.

On arrival in Paris, she was taken with a group of other mostly foreign women to a house in the Paris suburbs with all the blinds drawn, where they were shown pornography, hypnotised and encouraged to take part in orgies.

Her passport and telephone were confiscated, she told AFP in a phone interview.

The women were also given Bivolaru's urine to drink but Freckleton pulled up short at having sex with a man presented as 'an enlightened being'.

'I knew I needed to get out,' she told AFP.

MISA was kicked out of the International Yoga Federation and the European Yoga Alliance in 2008 because its commercial practices were judged to be 'illicit'

On its official website, yogaesoteric, the group describes itself as the 'largest yoga school in Romania and in Europe' and Bivolaru as its 'spiritual mentor'

In 2004, he fled Romania, where he was being investigated for sex with minors, for Sweden, where he obtained political asylum.

In 2013, a Romanian court condemned him in absentia to six years in prison but he avoided arrest until 2016 when he was arrested in France and handed over to Bucharest.

Within a year he was free, after securing early release, but was immediately the target of an Interpol search warrant after complaints from several Finnish women, who claimed they were forced to have sex with him in Paris.

It took six years before French police caught up with him last week and placed him in preventive custody, along with five other suspects.

A French human rights group has collected statements from 12 of his former followers alleging abuse.

One French judicial source told AFP that MISA, also known as ATMAN, taught tantric yoga with the aim of 'conditioning victims to accept sexual relations via mental manipulation techniques which sought to eliminate any notion of consent'.

Women were pressured both to have sex with Bivolaru and 'to agree to participate in fee-paying pornographic practices in France and abroad'.

One investigator said the group was 'reminiscent of the mafia' with 'pimping disguised as philosophy'.

MISA denies wrongdoing, telling CNN Bivolaru had not founded Atman (the international name for the school) nor taught yoga since 1995.
    Yoga
    This is inappropriate here but I'm posting it anyway - health-benefits-of-urine
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips