Thread: Cain Velasquez

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Lesner has 40 pounds on Cain, after his cut. That size differential will be difficult to overcome.

This.

People don't understand the advantage that Lesnar is walking around with - not being a ****, but we do this "size doesn't matter thing," an awful lot, and boy does it ever!!! Mir beat an inexperienced Lesnar, and that was after what I consider a questionable separation by the ref when Lesnar had him on queer street.

Velasquez may be strong enough and athletic enough to outwork Lesnar. HOWEVER, people (not necessarily here) seem to be forgetting that Lesnar was an NCAA Champ as well. The man knows how to work - people who have not wrestled in college, or competed at high levels in a contact sport do not understand the kind of work it takes to win. You aren't just "more talented, or more gifted," because EVERYBODY is at that point. You have to work your ass off.

If Lesnar chooses to do so, this is going to be an incredibly tough fight for Cain. Cain's best option will, in my opinion, be to try and outstrike Lesnar. Grappling with him is a recipe for either being dominated, or wearing yourself out.

Personally, if both perform to potential, it's going to make a boring HW division. It will be Brock, then Cain, then everybody else.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

lolw atch cain double leg brock and slap him silly for one round now

most of that ufc is like that though i dotn see anyone giving bj, silva, st pierre,lyoto and possbly brock a run for their money anytime soon

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    lolw atch cain double leg brock and slap him silly for one round now

most of that ufc is like that though i dotn see anyone giving bj, silva, st pierre,lyoto and possbly brock a run for their money anytime soon
    Listen to merry he is very experienced in grappling/wrestling and in competing, what he says makes a lot of sense

Ill give you BJ, silva and GSP but i think Lyoto will have his hands full for a bit, lol i think he actually lost that last fight, although luckily for him the judges somehow scored it for him, god knows what angle they were watching from