Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cain Velasquez

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    That's what Mir said.
    So you are saying that Mir is right? And wrong? They are tied 1-1.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Are you referring to the trailer trash queen Lesnar? Cain will own him IMO. Cain's hands were amazingly fast!
    JAB
    I was indeed referring to said trailer trash, he is BIG and FAST...not saying Cain can't win...thats the thing about MMA, your strength can be countered with other techniques...IMO Cain would have to attack one of Lesners legs to slow him down then he could pummel him from the outside. Mir starting adding 15-20 lbs of bulk just to deal with Lesner!

And speaking of Mir...he just said he would break Lesner's neck in the ring...naughty naughty...I'd like to see Mir vs Cain too.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Lesnar is really not very talented. Big. Sure. Fast...not really, I would say explosive. Cain is an ex collegiate wrestler so I think he can defend against the takedown as well as anyone.

As for Mir... he made a critical mistake... why go to 1/2 guard in MMA???? I love 1/2 guard, but every time I pull it in Vale Tudo I eat leather! And I am no pro! Mir should have known better!

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Lesnar is really not very talented. Big. Sure. Fast...not really, I would say explosive. Cain is an ex collegiate wrestler so I think he can defend against the takedown as well as anyone.

As for Mir... he made a critical mistake... why go to 1/2 guard in MMA???? I love 1/2 guard, but every time I pull it in Vale Tudo I eat leather! And I am no pro! Mir should have known better!

JAB
    i think when it comes to collegiate wrestling cain is not in lesnars league

Mir is not a great MMA fighter really and you are right going to half guard is silly in MMA

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Lesner has 40 pounds on Cain, after his cut. That size differential will be difficult to overcome.
    I actually like Shane Carwin's chances better than Cain's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    Cain Velasquez who defeated Nogueira with punching wrestled here at Arizona State University. He has always been willing to learn and his training ethic is as formidable as they come.His willingness to learn and his work ethic should carry him far.

joy chaudhuri
    joy,

You know Ryan Bader is local there too and came out of ASU's wrestling program. he still trains at ACS there in Tempe.

JAB
    Not talented? Listen, I personally hate Lesnar and all he stands for. But lets be realistic. The guy was the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight champion and his record stood at 106 - 5 for his college career. If that is not talented, I really suck.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

I thought we were addressing Lesnar's MMA career (or lack there of)? Yes he was a solid wrestler, but it takes more than just wrestling to make an MMA fighter.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Velasquez would smash Lesnar.

Lesnar is really not very talented.
    JAB
    You're going to stick to that story? He's defeated two former Heavy Weight Champs soundly, he was a collegiate champ, and he was even offered a chance to try out for a pro football team and he's not talented? You must have lofty standards indeed, my friend.

Don't mistake me here, I'm not on his jock, I just respect him...I think he can be defeated, as any man can, but to say he's not a very talented athlete or fighter would be an injustice.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

I thought we were addressing Lesnar's MMA career (or lack there of)? Yes he was a solid wrestler, but it takes more than just wrestling to make an MMA fighter.
    Cains had what 5 or 6 fights in the UFC, hardly a massive fight record either, brocks faught two ex champs and beaten them, i think they are pretty even on the MMA record and lesnar is the better grappler, not to mention the much bigger man

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Cains had what 5 or 6 fights in the UFC, hardly a massive fight record either, brocks faught two ex champs and beaten them, i think they are pretty even on the MMA record and lesnar is the better grappler, not to mention the much bigger man
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again- I understand the big weight difference. What will happen, will happen.
    But Cain's learning curve is sharply up ward - he is in top shape.
    Lesnar is more at a standstill and his unfortunate health related training interruption could be factors too.

Go Sun Devil.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    joy,

You know Ryan Bader is local there too and came out of ASU's wrestling program. he still trains at ACS there in Tempe.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    There are several from that team that headed for mma training[some to California.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again- I understand the big weight difference. What will happen, will happen.
    But Cain's learning curve is sharply up ward - he is in top shape.
    Lesnar is more at a standstill and his unfortunate health related training interruption could be factors too.

Go Sun Devil.

joy chaudhuri
    lensar showed great improvements in his ground game and standup between the two Mir fights, but i agree the health issues might harm him, personally i would like to see the heavyweight division smaller in size and a super heavyweight division over 250 brought in

even with the weight difference it will come down to who is stronger

if cain is stronger than brock then obviously brock is in trouble despite having pounds on him

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down